No announcement yet.

CANELO: "SO WHAT if my FIGHT NIGHT WEIGHT is 180-190.. WHO gives a F***!!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    To be fair Bradley already officially ducked Khan. So him saying in an interview once that he would fight GGG, doesn't hold much merit.
    Ducked Khan to fight Pac, since that Fight Bradley gets paid alot better. Khan should start calling Bradley out, Bradley would accept a fight with Khan. He would be all over Khan, Bradley would break Khan down, I have absolutely no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      I'd have more respect if he just dropped the belt and said he has no interest in fighting GGG and is going to fight at 154. If you're fighting above 154 up to 160, then in my eyes you're a middleweight, especially holding a title too so there's no excuse not to defend it properly against middleweights.

If he just admitted he won't fight GGG, i wouldn't even mind, at least everyone knows where they stand then and they can move on.
      100% agree. The way the thread starter worded it portrayed a different message to what Canelo said, but your scenario would be even better.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
        Hard to argue with someone who is clearly bias.

As stated multiple times by different people, all fighter put on weight on fight night. All fighters negotiste to their advantage. It's never a problem for the fighters you like, only the ones you dislike.
        You trying to argue apples and oranges and I think you know it.

Peoples problem with Canelo and this 155 thing is that on fight night he is going to weigh 170lbs or a lil more. ggg weighing in at 159 or 160 is going to weigh the same 170lbs or a lil more. The problem isn't the weight Canelo gains after the weigh in its the "I need him to weigh in at 155" that is the problem. Its a sucka move whether he is the a-side or not.

So if he is a true middleweight champ and on fight night will relatively weigh the same as his opponent why is he asking for a catch weight when its quite clear he doesn't need one?

For the record I have always hated that there isn't a limit on the amount of weight a fighter can put on after the weigh in. It honestly started for me when I saw that Joshua Clottey came into the ring at 170lbs or just below that for his fight with Diego Corrales which was at 147.

Another fight I hated was the amount of weight Brandon Rios put on when he fought Anthony Peterson at 130 or 135. The fight night weight difference was crazy.

In all cases like that I feel its basically cheating but like someone said earlier its not against the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
          You trying to argue apples and oranges and I think you know it.

Peoples problem with Canelo and this 155 thing is that on fight night he is going to weigh 170lbs or a lil more. ggg weighing in at 159 or 160 is going to weigh the same 170lbs or a lil more. The problem isn't the weight Canelo gains after the weigh in its the "I need him to weigh in at 155" that is the problem. Its a sucka move whether he is the a-side or not.

So if he is a true middleweight champ and on fight night will relatively weigh the same as his opponent why is he asking for a catch weight when its quite clear he doesn't need one?

For the record I have always hated that there isn't a limit on the amount of weight a fighter can put on after the weigh in. It honestly started for me when I saw that Joshua Clottey came into the ring at 170lbs or just below that for his fight with Diego Corrales which was at 147.

Another fight I hated was the amount of weight Brandon Rios put on when he fought Anthony Peterson at 130 or 135. The fight night weight difference was crazy.

In all cases like that I feel its basically cheating but like someone said earlier its not against the rules.
          For the record I too disagree with Canelo asking GGG for a 155 pound fight. I personally think it hurts him more than helps since he obviously has a hard enough time getting down to 54.

The question as to why does he do it is simple, because he can. Cause he's the A side and can dictate whatever the heck he wants. The same reason Pacquiao forced the champ Cotto to 45. The way Cotto forced the champ Martinez to 59 and why Mayweather forced Canelo himself to 52. It's psychological, it's being a dick, it's getting your way cause you're the one they want.

As far as the ballooning up, everyone does it. We can't have double standards for fighters. If we're going to criticize Nelo let's do it for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Lol........

Comment

For the record I too disagree with Canelo asking GGG for a 155 pound fight. I personally think it hurts him more than helps since he obviously has a hard enough time getting down to 54.

The question as to why does he do it is simple, because he can. Cause he's the A side and can dictate whatever the heck he wants. The same reason Pacquiao forced the champ Cotto to 45. The way Cotto forced the champ Martinez to 59 and why Mayweather forced Canelo himself to 52. It's psychological, it's being a dick, it's getting your way cause you're the one they want.

As far as the ballooning up, everyone does it. We can't have double standards for fighters. If we're going to criticize Nelo let's do it for everyone.
              I criticize everybody for ballooning up to a certain point. For me once a person gains over 10lbs they should just be fighting in the next division up.

Personally I think us as fans would see a better brand of boxing if more fighters fought closer to their walk around weights. I say that because more time in training camp would be spent working on skills and game plans instead losing weight. Just my opinion.

Comment

i can understand floyd and manny asking for a catchweight.

both guys have traversed many weight classes throughout their careers and are really lower weight fighters. floyd started at 130 and pacquiao at 106lbs.

Canelo rehydrating past 170lbs and refusing to let a fighter weigh in at 160 when both hold belts in that same division is just downright shameless.

this is so unbecoming of a tru aztec warrior.

Comment

Hard to argue with someone who is clearly bias.

As stated multiple times by different people, all fighter put on weight on fight night. All fighters negotiste to their advantage. It's never a problem for the fighters you like, only the ones you dislike.

none of those other fights were between a titleholder and his mandatory challenger. if they can't reach terms, it goes to purse bid.

if titleholder doesn't like it, he can vacate his belt or the sanctioning body can intervene and give their champion another route to go.

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
                    none of those other fights were between a titleholder and his mandatory challenger. if they can't reach terms, it goes to purse bid.

if titleholder doesn't like it, he can vacate his belt or the sanctioning body can intervene and give their champion another route to go.
                    And Canelo may very well do that. Nothing is set in stone. In might turn out Nelo fights ggg at 60. He might drop the belt all together.
                    If GGG wants the paycheck though I believe he will play ball with Nelo and Oscar. After all he's the A side.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                      Canelo walks around at 195 pounds at 5 foot 7, I posted about this like a year ago before he fought Floyd, saying it was weird how Floyd told people he will only fight guys healthy yet he drains Canelo to 152 and brings up an article when Canelo was walking around at 170 and still young and could make 150.

Canelo is a huge dude now, no way Khan hurts him. But this is funny this guy looked like a brick house against Cotto, and Cotto couldn't even hurt him.

Canelo is also heavier than GGG. GGG walks around in the 170s and he fights at 160, he is not a huge middleweight.

I think GGG has a reach advantage on Canelo and beats him, Canelo big problem is he doesn't pressure fight, he just likes to counter punch with quick combos.
                      what really surprised me is canelo could not really hurt or KO cotto

Comment

Working...
                      X