Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oscar De La Hoya "negotiations are complicated because gg thinks hes a superstar"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    HBO can easily force this fight to happen by telling Canelo fight GGG or we will not approve any other opponent.
    Is that realistic? Canelo is a rising star, which means dollars. For HBO to threaten to blacklist him from all matches unless he fights GGG, could be a shot in their own foot. Canelo would likely balk and seek to go elsewhere. If I'm Peter Nelson, I'd rather let the WBC be the bad guys. It's their job.

Comment

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
      Is that realistic? Canelo is a rising star, which means dollars. For HBO to threaten to blacklist him from all matches unless he fights GGG, could be a shot in their own foot. Canelo would likely balk and seek to go elsewhere. If I'm Peter Nelson, I'd rather let the WBC be the bad guys. It's their job.
      You trust the WBC? Canelo can't just walk, he signed a deal. If HBO only approves GGG, the fight happens. Is it extreme, absolutely but it gives the fans what we want.

I know its not going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post

Canelo just signed a contract with hbo

Comment

You trust the WBC? Canelo can't just walk, he signed a deal. If HBO only approves GGG, the fight happens. Is it extreme, absolutely but it gives the fans what we want.

I know its not going to happen.
          He can absolutely just walk from the belt. He signed an agreement thst if he doesn't fight gg next he will get stripped. Not that he has to fight him

Comment

You, nor anyone else, posted that Thurman won his title in the ring like you did regarding GGG. As such, there was no need for me to correct an incorrect post by reminding you that GGG was awarded his belt.

It isn't an opinion that GGG didn't win his title in the ring but a fact.

as for my question-why do GGG fans give him credit as if he won it in the ring? Can you shed any light on this?
            Because we understand that he cant kidnap other fighters and force them to fight. He was the interim champ, and was trying to get the Sturm fight. The WBA, instead of forcing the fight, helped Sturm hide in the "super" champ catagory, instead of forcing the fight.

YOU might hold that against GGG, but most sensible people do not

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              Because we understand that he cant kidnap other fighters and force them to fight. He was the interim champ, and was trying to get the Sturm fight. The WBA, instead of forcing the fight, helped Sturm hide in the "super" champ catagory, instead of forcing the fight.

YOU might hold that against GGG, but most sensible people do not
              I'm not holding anything against him. I just can't give him credit for something he didn't do. When GGG fans compare him to Hagler, Monzon and Bhop its really unfair because those men had to actually win the title in the ring.

It's almost as if GGG is n honorary champion since he got his title the same way an actor gets an honorary degree for delivering the keynote speech at graduation.

wasn't GGG elevated to super champ just like sturm?
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 03-04-2016, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                You're just full of misinformation. Few quick points:

1). Canelo IS middleweight champion. 155 pounds IS middleweight (anything over 155-160 is the middleweight division, obviously).

2). Golovkin IS mandatory to Canelo's middleweight title. They are both middleweight champions in the same middleweight division.

3). Golovkin never rejected a fight at 155 pounds. Canelo has NEVER offered a fight to Golovkin. The only thing Golden Boy/Canelo have negotiated with K2/GGG at this point was an extension on the mandatory fight.

4). Golovkin in fact offered to fight Andre Ward a couple years ago at 168 pounds. Ward rejected the fight. This is a fact. Later, after Golovkin signed to fight Lemieux, Ward contacted K2 about a potential fight. Ward wanted to sign some kind of deal for about 16-18 months away to fight at the end of 2016. Obviously K2, being that they are in much difference circumstances now versus a couple years ago (in a mandatory to Canelo's WBC/Lineal belts), they aren't currently interested in going to 168.

5). Surely K2/GGG would be more than happy to work out some sort of deal at 157/158 pounds, the problem here is if Golden Boy/Canelo actually want to make the fight or if they just want to keep creating roadblocks because they don't want the fight.
                GGG doesn't care about the belt if he did why does he keep stepping aside? If he wants the belt he can clearly have it. And Oscar and Hopkins were both middleweight title holders in the same division yet Hopkins knew this was purely cosmetics and Oscar was not a true Middleweight and that the fight would only happen at a catchweight. Just like Canelo who has fought as high as 155 NEVER at 160 and never against a full 160lb fighter is not a true middleweight. It's idiotic to claim otherwise. Nobody cares about the belt or who is or isn't the mandatory if a fight is enforced outside of what he is comfortable with he will vacate the belt. So it's clear what GGG has had to do if he just wants the belt. So stop trying to parade around this belt that GGG could give a **** @ss about. But if you want to fight Canelo you going to have to agree to his terms. Canelo said directly after the fight he will only fight at his weight and Golden Boy is on record saying this numerous times so why did GGG agree to step aside if he has no intentions of fighting at Canelo's weight? Just say no and force a purse bid and get your precious paper belt. Or stop crying and man up and fight at the A side's catchweight just like you imposed on Ward. And you think Canelo is creating roadblocks yet when has ANYONE accused Canelo of creating roadblocks to fights? He's fought everyone fans have asked and sacrificed multiple times to make the big fights. When has GGG done this? GGG has a history of roadblocking fights and lying NOT Canelo.

I get why these facts are difficult for you to grasp you are a GGG fan and this man has lied to you so many times that now you have to twist yourself into a pretzel to defend his blatant lies and hypocrisy. According to GGG the sky was blue yesterday but today it's red and next week it will be green. Meanwhile you jump from one word to the other to try and find a fairy tale to justify all that crap. One man said he could fight at 154 and 168 and called out fighters in both weights then contradicted himself killing fights against fighters from both weights. The same reason GGG wants a fight with Ward at 164 is why Canelo wants his fight at 155...it's to his advantage and he's the bigger star. Only difference is idiots like you who pretend one side is different because you are in bed with one of the fighters. What's not a debate is only one of these fighters talked himself into a corner and that's GGG. Canelo has NEVER called out any 160lb fighters or said he is going to fight one guy at 160 and then threw a catchweight for another. That's what GGG does SMH
                Last edited by bigdunny1; 03-04-2016, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I'm not holding anything against him. I just can't give him credit for something he didn't do. When GGG fans compare him to Hagler, Monzon and Bhop its really unfair because those men had to actually win the title in the ring.

It's almost as if GGG is n honorary champion since he got his title the same way an actor gets an honorary degree for delivering the keynote speech at graduation.

wasn't GGG elevated to super champ just like sturm?
                  yes he was, further illustrating how disgusting the WBA is. But instead of focusing on THAT aspect, some like to use it to take shots at GGG, with the "but but but paper champ doe" nonsense.

Your honorary degree analogy falls flat though. GGG actually did win the interim title, and was elevated to regular and then super champ. "honorary degree" recipients typically never attended even a single day of classes.

Comment

You're just full of misinformation. Few quick points:

1). Canelo IS middleweight champion. 155 pounds IS middleweight (anything over 155-160 is the middleweight division, obviously).

2). Golovkin IS mandatory to Canelo's middleweight title. They are both middleweight champions in the same middleweight division.

3). Golovkin never rejected a fight at 155 pounds. Canelo has NEVER offered a fight to Golovkin. The only thing Golden Boy/Canelo have negotiated with K2/GGG at this point was an extension on the mandatory fight.

4). Golovkin in fact offered to fight Andre Ward a couple years ago at 168 pounds. Ward rejected the fight. This is a fact. Later, after Golovkin signed to fight Lemieux, Ward contacted K2 about a potential fight. Ward wanted to sign some kind of deal for about 16-18 months away to fight at the end of 2016. Obviously K2, being that they are in much difference circumstances now versus a couple years ago (in a mandatory to Canelo's WBC/Lineal belts), they aren't currently interested in going to 168.

5). Surely K2/GGG would be more than happy to work out some sort of deal at 157/158 pounds, the problem here is if Golden Boy/Canelo actually want to make the fight or if they just want to keep creating roadblocks because they don't want the fight.
                    You need to stop polishing Bumlovkin's nutsack with your tongue.

1) Alvarez has never fought at the 160lb limit and has never fought a true middleweight.

2) Bumlovkin is NOT the middleweight champion. He is a TITLIST. BIG difference.

3) Team Triple Duck is on record saying that the Alvarez fight must be at 160.

4) When push came to shove, Team Triple Duck was ready to fight Chavez, Froch and now Hopkins @ 168lbs - but insisted on a 164lb catchweight for Ward. These are the FACTS.

5) Team Triple Duck is NOT the "A" side here. When are you Bumlovkinites going to finally come to terms with this SIMPLE truth? Alvarez can make the same or even more money [Khan] knocking out TOMATO CANs and welterweights.

Comment

Personally I don't think he's a small middleweight; I think he's a plain old middleweight (not small, not big, just middleweight). Its really impossible for us to know if he can make 155 perfectly fine or not, I mean saying you'll fight Mayweather there is one thing, actually doing it is another thing entirely. Obviously his team, mostly Sanchez, have spit out a lot of hyperbole over the years, but all we can do as fans is look at the facts (Golovkin has never weighed 155 pounds as a pro).
                      You a clown plain and simple you take GGG's word for EVERYTHING he says like gospel quoting him and his camp at every turn when it's convenient to your dumb argument but of course when he says flat out HIS OWN WORDS that he can make 154 Easy and that he is a small middleweight all a sudden we are not supposed to believe what GGG said? After you spent countless hours telling us how important every bit of garbage of this man's word is 100% fact. Which one is it? Is the man telling the truth or a flat out liar when he speaks? GGG has talked himself into a corner so bad with blatant lies and hypocrisy that his fans have now gone full re tard. GGG is not a small middleweight and he can't make 154 according to GGG fans despite the fact the man said so himself. SMH

Comment

Working...
                      X