Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The WBC is not playing Caneloweight games.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this was a given of how wbc feels the question is will ggg quit playing games a force a purse bid or if he wants the fight bad enough to fight at 155. i dont think any of us honestly give a **** about the title ur lying if u say u do what we care about is that ggg and canelo fight

Comment

that doesnt say anything about the contract canelo/ggg will sign with each other.
      ie: forcing ggg to weigh in at 155.
      the wbc has no power over the contract, canelo's popularity has more leverage than the damn belt.

Comment

This says it all:

yes, there might be issues among them for the catchweight but our title is for the MW Division: 154< and ≥160. We will sanction it.
        we are not. If they have an outside contract it's their thing.They can come to the fight weighting the 160 of the MW division limit
        Read between the lines people, it's not hard what they are trying to say, this is not a poem where you have to use psychoanalysis to figure it out

Comment

I really do believe Canelo gives two ****s about this title. It was never about this title, it was just an added bonus to a fight he had been trying to get since 2013. Cotto just happened to be MW champion when he was defeated. Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            are you satisfied with that answer?
            Am i fuck, lol.

It was predictable, I was just curious to see how they'd justify their impotence.

So, it's Gingerweight until he grows a pair. {not something i ever thought i'd say about a Mexican fighter)

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
              Not sure what the big news here is. The WBC is saying if the fight happens anywhere between 155 and 160 they will sanction it for their title. Doesn't mean they will force the fight at that weight, the fighters are free to agree to whatever stipulations they both agree on.
              Nothing new here. 155 or no fight for GGG.
              You forgot to add 160 or get stripped, disgraced, and lose major stock for Camila...er Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Try a bit of reading comprehension.

The WBC is willing to sanction the fight at 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, or 160lbs; they will not sanction the fight at 154 or 161.

There's nothing in the tweets that even alludes to the WBC forcing the fight to be at 160, lol.
                Yes there is dum ass. The wbc just clearly and unequivocally stated that even if the guys agree to 155, and GGG, by accident, or intentionally misses the weight and comes in at say...160, they would still sanction the fight and will be within their legal means to, in other words, forcing the fight to take place at 160.

Also, technically speaking, the wbc is forcing the fight to be at 160 by virtue of it's rules regarding mandatories. Canelo has no choice but to fight GGG or get stripped, and that on it's own means that GGG aint gotta accept no catchweight.

The rules clearly protect the mandatory's interests over the champions, for obvious reasons, as Canelo is proving to us right now.

Finally, if you don't think Canelo is a ***** than God have mercy on your soul. Remember, this is the guy who claimed that he wanted the cotto fight to be at 156 and that Cotto was the one who demanded 155, 156!!!!!!!!

Then when he has to fight GGG, all of a sudden 155 is okay for him?

You aint gotta be Einstein to know why he wanted a higher weight when he was facing the guy who weighed in at 153 in his previous fight, and a lower one when facing the guy who weighed in at 159 on his previous fight. It's blatantly clear, you'd have to literally gauge your eyes out not to see it.

Comment

I like canelo but that 155 thing has to stop, the division is 160, he is the champion at 160, he either fights at 160 or vacate and moves to 154.

Comment

Cantnela is a disgrace to us Mexicans. We apologize. This is ****ing embarrassing for us. We admit he is a coward and scared of Gennady. And Im from Guadalajara, Jalisco by the way (same hometown of Canelo). Everyone here is ashamed of how afraid he is of Gennady.

Comment

WTf lol. Middleweight is 155-160 now? b1tch there is no such thing as 155 lmao.

Comment

Working...
                      X