Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Willing To Postpone Retirement To Fight at Rio Games

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
    so you mean usa winning games using pros in the olympics is a disgrace?

pros joining the olympics will benefit the games as amateurs will get the experience of playing on a higher level...is this bad for the sports?
    The USA started using pros in basketball because they weren't while the rest of the world was. It's the exact opposite situation of what is happening with Olympic boxing.

Pro boxers joining the Olympics destroys the competitive balance completely and is completely unfair.

Comment

kobe, magic, jordan, bird, lebron and many other nba greats played in the olympic basket ball games...
      i know that! im saying it would be like prime kobe wanting to compete in some summer college basketball tournaments. this is the same thing if manny compete in the olympic.

kobe, magic, jordan, they all played against other "pro" players from different country in the olympic. where as manny, a pro fighter will be going up against am fighter. see the picture now?

Comment

Originally posted by WSSD View Post
        He's a pro fighter, a legend, HOF, ATG, wanting to compete in the olympic against AM fighters. dude there is no defending this. just drop it. he should of thought about this 9-10 years ago. the dude has been getting away with far too many things like drafting himself into the philipine basketball team, etc. and he suck at it too. if this was anyone else at this age talking about doing this, u would **** all over it. im a pac fan and even im not touching this one. this is pure ****** lol.
        9-10 years ago?

were pro boxers allowed 9-10 years ago?

they are not YET allowed today.....this change is just to be taken up by the olympic honchos...

Comment

i know that! im saying it would be like prime kobe wanting to compete in some summer college basketball tournaments. this is the same thing if manny compete in the olympic.

kobe, magic, jordan, they all played against other "pro" players from different country in the olympic. where as manny, a pro fighter will be going up against am fighter. see the picture now?
          and who told you only manny can join the olympic boxing games? other pro boxers can, too...

it is just that manny was among the first to open up to the idea....to represent his country...

and if floyd change his mind and join too, is it a bad proposition?...

Comment

and who told you only manny can join the olympic boxing games? other pro boxers can, too...

it is just that manny was among the first to open up to the idea....to represent his country...

Hell yes! No pros in the pro boxing world belong in the ring with amateur fighters. This is a combat sport still. It's not even the same kind of thing as basketball or volleyball. Some sports have to take experience into account. Imagine if football was in the olympics and USA went and got all NFL players. Would be literal murder based on a lot of factors.

Comment

9-10 years ago?

were pro boxers allowed 9-10 years ago?

they are not YET allowed today.....this change is just to be taken up by the olympic honchos...
              i should have said before he turned pro. thought u would have gotten the point by saying 9-10 years ago. it doesnt matter if its allowed or not, its ****** of manny to even think of wanting to compete. how can u even try to justify a freaking legend fighting with am fighters? i mean if u cant see it then i guess its whatever lol.

Comment

i can guarantee u that aint no pro boxer at manny's level or even close to it will be thinking about joining lol.

and floyd as much as i make fun of him, will even be smart enough to pass on this. wtf does floyd even gain from this even if he win? he just beat a bunch of am fighters as expected, same goes for manny. i mean how can u even be proud of this? lol. both these guys have done way more **** in boxing that winning a gold metal in the olympic will not even come close. i mean **** your actually defending this lol.

Comment

i should have said before he turned pro. thought u would have gotten the point by saying 9-10 years ago. it doesnt matter if its allowed or not, its ****** of manny to even think of wanting to compete. how can u even try to justify a freaking legend fighting with am fighters? i mean if u cant see it then i guess its whatever lol.
                  you are not really aware of the circumstances how pac came into pro boxing....

it was due to poverty....and the money is in being a pro fighter...

Comment

i can guarantee u that aint no pro boxer at manny's level or even close to it will be thinking about joining lol.

and floyd as much as i make fun of him, will even be smart enough to pass on this. wtf does floyd even gain from this even if he win? he just beat a bunch of am fighters as expected, same goes for manny. i mean how can u even be proud of this? lol. both these guys have done way more **** in boxing that winning a gold metal in the olympic will not even come close. i mean **** your actually defending this lol.
                    "i can guarantee u that aint no pro boxer at manny's level or even close to it will be thinking about joining lol."

too early to say that...and you don't really know what other pro boxers really think...

wlad is one open to join...and more may follow suit...

Comment

why not?

if allowed, why should pac not try? if he lose, then what? but if he got a gold? wow!

some guys failed to get an olympic gold in their prime...

a lot of boxers about or above 40 yrs old fight for 12 rounds...

so what's the big deal?
                      i dont get it either, why would fighting in the olympics diminish respect for him?

sometimes 1 guy on here types something and 50,000 others repeat it and nobody stops to think if it even makes sense

in other sports its normal for pros to play in the olympics, its considered a duty even

boxing is a very ******ed environment, half of them are saying he will murder his helpless amateur opponent, the other half are saying it will be embarrassing to watch him soundly beaten, damn they just repeat each other like monkeys
                      Last edited by ////; 03-02-2016, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X