No announcement yet.

Bob Arum/Top Rank have no leverage with HBO or Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PKing View Post
    And then there's this thing called market economics.

The price to pay according to competitive bids and the ratings it will draw.
    Well if that's the case say goodbye to the PBC lol...

Or those guys will be making minimum wage for fights

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      Well if that's the case say goodbye to the PBC lol...

Or those guys will be making minimum wage for fights
      Good thing Haymon isn't at the mercy of the market like Arum is.

Comment

He will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
          He will be.
          It's ok... he's already in a great position compared to all the rest of the promoters that have to share HBO'S dwindling budget.

Comment

The good thing for Haymon is that Stephen Espinoza likes to suck his dick...without him he'd be in the same boat arum is now with the networks not wanting to pay crazy money for the fights..

What I can't understand is why HBO wouldn't want a great fight like Walters-Lomo or Crawford-Postol yet they'll air all the mismatches...I guess HBO is just all about building their stars and not competitive fights anymore..

Comment

The good thing for Haymon is that Stephen Espinoza likes to suck his dick...without him he'd be in the same boat arum is now with the networks not wanting to pay crazy money for the fights..

What I can't understand is why HBO wouldn't want a great fight like Walters-Lomo or Crawford-Postol yet they'll air all the mismatches...I guess HBO is just all about building their stars and not competitive fights anymore..
              Yep.

They are in the "star building" business. Not into showcasing the best fights.

Comment

Yep.

They are in the "star building" business. Not into showcasing the best fights.
                Well they can turn it around if we get Canelo-GGG and Kovalev-Ward and Gonzalez-Estrada 2.. Not holding my breath on 2 of the 3 though...

Comment

Well his mouth put him in this situation to be honest. He is bad mouthing Peter Nelson every chance he gets and he also bashed Showtime in the past, when he does things like that why should either of them open their checkbook for him?

Yes I get it those are good fights and we all want to see them but it doesn't help when the Promoter of those fighters does nothing but bash the guy who is running things at HBO
                  Last edited by sicko; 02-29-2016, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Well they can turn it around if we get Canelo-GGG and Kovalev-Ward and Gonzalez-Estrada 2.. Not holding my breath on 2 of the 3 though...
                    Turn what around?

That does nothing for HBO'S boxing budget or ratings since those are PPVs.

Comment

Turn what around?

That does nothing for HBO'S boxing budget or ratings since those are PPVs.
                      Lol I don't give a rats ass about budgets. I just want to see high level competitive fights..

Comment

Working...
                      X