Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Felix Verdejo Dominates William Silva For Decision Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing i learned today is that this trainers are no longer teaching fighters to cut off the ring. Is lile a ****ing lost art. canelo has no idea how to cut off the ring, verdejo neither, danny garcia also has no ****ing idea how to. Is like cutting off the ring is not even in the training manual anymore. Any fighter who is younger than 30 in boxing today has no idea how to do it.

Comment

He boxed well..silva has good defense.

Comment

You have to wonder if Silva performed the way he did due to his corner telling him he's winning and to keep doing what he's doing. In his mind, he's being told he's winning and he is making Verdejo miss big. When he was throwing he'd do ok so I think it was just a horrific tactical error on his team. With his size and movement he didnt seem like that bad of a fighter. He should switch trainers... He should be a tough stylistic matchup for most 135ers and I don't think his team knows what they have to work with. I think he might be a diamond in the rough if he can get the right trainer to teach him to assert himself. He didn't get hit much but he did take a few bombs and took them well...and we all know Verdejo can not only crack but he's also an enormous 135 pounder himself. silva can make something of himself, I get that feeling..but he has to leave Brazil. Then again he could be lacking a fighter's heart. But he really thought he won the fight and he really believed in his corner you can see it in his eyes when the loss was announced he was genuinely heart broken. He honestly though he won.

How can his corner tell him to keep doing what he's doing?

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
          You have to wonder if Silva performed the way he did due to his corner telling him he's winning and to keep doing what he's doing. In his mind, he's being told he's winning and he is making Verdejo miss big. When he was throwing he'd do ok so I think it was just a horrific tactical error on his team. With his size and movement he didnt seem like that bad of a fighter. He should switch trainers... He should be a tough stylistic matchup for most 135ers and I don't think his team knows what they have to work with. I think he might be a diamond in the rough if he can get the right trainer to teach him to assert himself. He didn't get hit much but he did take a few bombs and took them well...and we all know Verdejo can not only crack but he's also an enormous 135 pounder himself. silva can make something of himself, I get that feeling..but he has to leave Brazil. Then again he could be lacking a fighter's heart. But he really thought he won the fight and he really believed in his corner you can see it in his eyes when the loss was announced he was genuinely heart broken. He honestly though he won.

How can his corner tell him to keep doing what he's doing?
          Both corners showed their ineptitude. Verdejo's for never teaching him how to be aggressive and Silva's for telling him he was winning.

Comment

Verdejo has tons of flaws, but he looks like he could do a lot better though. He needs to find his Freddie Roach, in other words. If not, I agree, his career will be closer to JuanMa's than either Tito's or Cotto's. It looks like he has a lot of random people hanging around at camp, too--not a good sign. I mean, yeah, his personality is a social one, but work is work. Not everyone is a Pacquiao or Mayweather, who seem to thrive amid distractions. It seems to me like Verdejo's letting it get to his head even more than JuanMa was at this point.
            Last edited by SunSpace; 02-28-2016, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Silvas a good fighter you can see it, which is why Verdejo wasnt able to get him outta there like previous opponents...which is where im seeing most of the gripes. What i saw was 2 solid fighters whose styles didnt mash. You can see the quality in Silva when he jabbed, very solid guy. Instead griping about Verdejos performance, try considering his opponent was better than hes getn credit for. ..as for silva, he shoyldve made most of the exposure, hes a solid guy but with that performance itll be hard to get anothrr oplurtunity like this.

Comment

Verdejo is a young boxer who's still improving his boxing skill moreover his nickname says everything "The Diamond". Therefore, time and training will shape Verdejo's performance as any fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  Are you guys sure this is the next biggest great thing? He was wind milling that right hand and missing by a mile.
                  No one has commented on this. For a second I though I was the only one that saw that. An experienced boxer would counter that right hand all night long.

The kid is a very good boxer with decent power but I would like to see him facing adversity. Up until now things have been going is way. I want to see his reaction and how he adjust if he gets hurt or suffer a cut or even if he falls behind on the scorecards.

One thing is for sure, the kid is developing nicely at such a short age but he will have to move up in weight in the near future since he is getting very big and muscular.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                    This is kind of like the May-Pac fight where a lot of fans accuse Mayweather of running and then I watch the fight and I see Willian Silva standing right in the middle of the ring in front of Verdejo with Verdejo's punches either getting blocked or missing by a mile. In fact, I'm pretty sure Verdejo did just as much 'running' as Silva did in the fight, I saw him moving back and sideways for the majority of the fight, just sitting back and trying to land that left hook counter that kept missing by miles.

Verdejo's windmill right when he went on the offensive also missed by miles most of the time.

I won't even begin to go deep on how extremely biased the commentators were, 'scoring' clearly blocked punches for Verdejo and keeping silent when Silva lands and then pretending he did nothing when the round ends.

This was a robbery in my view, I agree with Silva. Either they score it a draw or Silva wins. Both guys didn't do much offensively but I felt Silva won more rounds than Verdejo easily.

Even if you want to argue a case for Verdejo, those scorecards? HELL NO! That was just pure bull****.
                    With all do respect bro.... You are in need of some serious eye wear. I agree with some of your points, like the missing or blocked punches, but to say that Silva won that fight it's just wrong.

Comment

Verdejo showed some flaws, yes. But to compare him to JuanMa is wrong. JuanMa turned ****** and fell in love with his own power. Verdejo looks way more intelligent than that. Give him a chance to correct his mistakes. He's a terrific boxer and does have good power in both hands. Silva was undefeated coming in, and an uncomfortable fighter to boot. I'm a Verdejo fan and came away disappointed, but you gotta take the good with the bad during the learning curve.

Comment

Working...
                      X