Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Felix Verdejo Dominates William Silva For Decision Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I've been following verdejo thinking he'll b not just the next Puerto Rican great fighter but a great fighter period and today I saw he's not as good as I thought he was. Alot of 1, 2s alot of haymakers. Either he gets a new trainer or he'll loose shortly after he wins a championship fight. I really wish people stop comparing him to Tito Trinidad, I seen Trinidad this kid is no Tito. And kellerman is a air head saying he's more a boxer than puncher, glad Roy corrected him. Just cause ur circling around the ring doesn't mean ur boxing. Really hope this kid gets a new trainer his gym looks lost in the mountains somewhere with no good training partners.

Comment

Chicken run, the movie!

Comment

I'm a total Verdejo fan, but keeping it real. He didn't shine tonight. An uncomfortable opponent to be sure... but Felix does need some fine tuning. I think he will be a great one, nonetheless. For whoever thought Silva won the fight. ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR ****ING MIND??? Get some new glasses, or learn something about boxing, FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
          Can we quit bringing the obscure south American fighters who come to the US just for a paycheck?

Silva had no intention on making it competitive tonight. Fight Stunk.
          Exactly. As if we should somehow be excited. The fight did stink.

Comment

Verdejo is like a very innacurate, more bouncy version of Marquez back when he was boring...puerto ricans baby their fighters too much....they can be boring as fu/ck(*cough*calderun) and the ricans will still celebrate any punch they throw.....

Comment

He has the same exact issues Victor Ortiz had, he telegraphs his attack, it was extremely easy to spot when he was gonna go on the attack and as a result he looked ****** reaching in. Just senseless bouncing around, frustrating to watch.

Oh and he didn't dominate shit, he was clearly the better guy but that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                Are you guys sure this is the next biggest great thing? He was wind milling that right hand and missing by a mile.
                He's still a little pup learning the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
                  This excuse gets used alot. But u can see A level fighters early on. I never saw that with Fernando Vargas either, his biggest wins came on grinding in out. Bob arum just said today that verdejo is more popular than cotto was at this stage and yea I agree but I credit that to verdejo bein basically the only fighter PR has right now. Cotto had much more skill though at this stage with him u saw great quick combos and counters he was better. Like I said I hope verdejo gets a new trainer while he's still young enough to learn new ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinidad_Fan View Post
                    I'm a total Verdejo fan, but keeping it real. He didn't shine tonight. An uncomfortable opponent to be sure... but Felix does need some fine tuning. I think he will be a great one, nonetheless. For whoever thought Silva won the fight. ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR ****ING MIND??? Get some new glasses, or learn something about boxing, FFS.
                    Lol, even the camera man couldn't find a way to make Verdejo look good. They always show highlight reels of the winner or 'dominant' fighter after the fight, they tried to do that for Verdejo after the judges decision announcement and all we saw were missed and blocked punches. There is literally only one punch that was shown landing on the highlight reel, which is exactly the pattern I saw throughout the fight.

This kid didn't do ****, and you could tell by his own body language and his whole team after the final bell that they knew it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
                      If Verdejo, in 10 fuckin' rounds, couldn't see that bouncing around in a straight line was insanely counter productive, I don't have much hope for him. He really needs to learn how to slide his feet.

Comment

Working...
                      X