Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R.I.P Deontay Wilder's Glass Jaw. Haymon lost the purse bid. Dead Jaw walking.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    Stiverne was champion.
    Szpilka was #5 on the list if I recall.
    Please, It's comments like this that get to me the most. Do not ever go by individual sanctioning body rankings. Kovalev isn't even ranked by the WBC for example. Stiverne is not a top 10 fighter that's just fact, Spzilka is not even top 20 and duhaupas is around 40. If you think Spzilka is a top 5 HW then you're a moron

Comment

Confused. First you say this:

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
      Please, It's comments like this that get to me the most. Do not ever go by individual sanctioning body rankings.
      Then proceed to contradict yourself by saying this:

Kovalev isn't even ranked by the WBC for example.
      Then you say this:

Stiverne is not a top 10 fighter that's just fact
      Despite the fact that Stiverne WAS champion when he fought Wilder. THAT is fact. You are automatically top 1 in any book if you're champion. That's what a CHAMPION is. Regardless of whether individual people think it's warranted or not.

Then you said:

Spzilka is not even top 20 and duhaupas is around 40.
      Actually Szpilka right now is #11. Duhaupas is #15. At the time they fought Wilder, Duhaupas was #11 and Szpilka was #5. Those are facts dude.

Then you're like:
      If you think Spzilka is a top 5 HW then you're a moron
      He's not now. He was when he fought Wilder. Doesn't matter whether I think he's a bum. He was ranked #5. That's more a symptom of how poor the heavyweight division has been in recent years than an indicator of how "good" people are.

Thus explaining why WBA's got Shannon Briggs at #4 and Tarver at #8, and Pulev is ranked at all, much less on three out of four lists.

Comment

this fight isn't Wilder's fight.

The only factor here is which Povetkin shows to fight.
        Wilder is a bum.

Comment

I don't go by individual sanctioning body rankings as they are meaningless. The fact Kovalev is not ranked by the WBC does not contradict the previous statement but reinforces my point!

Boxrec is a much better system which gives much fairer rankings and is generally accepted by most boxing fans. You can also look around forums or look for trainers, fighters or ex fighters personal top tens to get a clearer picture of who the best fighters are. Stiverne was a champion but that doesn't make him number 1 in any one's eyes other than the WBC at the time, again, meaningless. same with Spzilka and Duhaupas. In no dimension is Stiverne one of the best current top 10 in the world, Spzilka is not in the top 20 best HW's on the planet and Duhaupas is not even top 30. You can show me WBC rankings to prove they are the top fighters in the world but you will never convince someone with any boxing knowledge that you're right.

I'd love to see your personal list of top 20 HW's in the world so we can lay our cards on the table, I'll give you mine back. If you put Stiverne in the top 10, szpilka in the top 10 and Duhaupas in the top 15 I'll have a good laugh at least

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
            http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...povetkin-fight

Haymon's lack of funds has signed Wilder's Jaw's death warrant. Wilder will go to Russia like a lamb to the slaughter. Povetkin is coming to smash that jaw all over the Moscow streets.

Finally the most fraudulent jaw in the history of boxing, attached to the most fraudulent career, will be consigned to the dusts of history.

A most shameful episode on boxing. Can't believe that disgrace got his greasy mitts on Muhammed Ali's, Frazier's, Foreman's, Lennox Lewis', Jack Dempsey and Joe Louis' belt.

All hail the Russian destroyer, Alexandre "The Redeemer" Povetkin.
            Pretty hard to put any value into anyone's opinion that thinks Pac=Duran

Comment

I don't know about you guys but Wilder's glass getting shattered will be my top boxing moment from 2016. I can't wait till that glass shatters all over the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by BromethuesBob View Post
                I don't know about you guys but Wilder's glass getting shattered will be my top boxing moment from 2016. I can't wait till that glass shatters all over the ring.
                i thought you were brometheusbob

but i have just notice you are bromethuesbob. LOL

i also noticed you gave yourself dildo gifts LOL

Comment

Sasha too slow, too short to mess with Deontay. He gets blasted out even on the moon..

Comment

This is a big step up for Wilder but I hope to all the gods I don't believe in that Wilder knocks Povetkin out and I hope you haters drown in your own tears.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                      Fights scared? That has to be about as inaccurate a description I've read.
                      You didn't give any reasons as to why this is inaccurate so I guess I should guess what you are responding too? Let me put it this way: when a fighter gets an opportunity to fight for the championship, and the champ is not doing a number on you, one should grow brave. This is one example, specifically when Clinchko was doing little but grabbing the Russian his answer to this was to be held, not to try to throw everything he could. Instead of taking a risk and going for it he timidly let Vlad back in the fight. This was his big opportunity. The few times Vlad caught the Russian was enough for Povatkin to take a pass and be happy with surviving the fight.

You say I am inaccurate can you honestly say, watching the Russian's fights, that when he figures out how to manoveur around Wilder's right hand, he will pick his spots and attack Wilder viciously? Using his speed and his somewhat new found power? Or will he stand straight up, Olympic style, and try to hit Wilder with occasional jabs and combos and retreat at the first possability of a confrontation? Until Wilder finds a way to muscle in past his straight line of attack (Povatkin never met an angle he likes to take in the ring) to tag the Russian and send him back to Red star communism?

Povatkin has the skills to win meekly, but, Wilder is getting better, thats the X factor here. Wilder's combos are starting to look good and he could overpower Povatkin if he percieves no threat from a counter from the Russian who will be moving back and fourth like most stand up Euro fighters. if he fought strong, Povatkin would beat Wilder fairly easily, he has the mobiity and hand speed, the skills and experience to do so, but I doubt he has the ability to go after a guy who he percieves as a threat. The proof is in the Vlad fight. He should have been lighting Vlad up knowing Clinchko was doing little more than grabbing him.

Comment

Working...
                      X