Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: K. Porter Waits on Proof of Thurman Injury, Wants Son Active

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's A Good Story; But It's A Stall Tactic-Porters Conditioning & Confidence Rattles

They know what's on the line. Thurman loses to Porter, then Porter is a front runner to rematch Brook or fight Swift for their titles. Khan gets blown up by Canelo and he'll be out of the picture. Pacquiao beats Bradley again the retires, and a beaten Thurman falls into that lower echelon on B-fighters to have to work back thru. Thurman has had plenty of time to fight the best. The toughest he fought was a past his prime Guerrero. Thurman loses to Porter, he finds himself back fighting the Collazo's, the Algieri's, Chaves, Rios types. So they had time to think and they pull out with "whiplash". Airbags don't throw punches. They deflate before you know they inflated. Nice story though, KT.

Comment

I don't believe the injury , Haymon fighter being a weasel to weasel himself of a fight thats a threat

Comment

Team Porter needs to leave Haymon! They don't want Porter to spoiled there investment in Thurman! Porter called out Garcia but Team Garcia/Haymon went the Guerrero route instead! There trying to do everything in there power to get Porter to loose without looking obvious in doing so! Porter is the type of fighter who needs to stay busy.

Comment

I agree this nonsense is hurting shawn's career thurman should just come out and say he doesn't want to fight porter and move on.porter could have fought 2 or 3 times by now.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            OK, so the Porter camp are being professional.

No full ****** statements, or unfounded accusations.

But it would be good to see the medical report.
            An accident report, pictures, repair bills. The insurance company wants all that too.

Comment

Thurman is really sounding like a b*tch right now. Haymon is also sabotaging porter's career.

Comment

Originally posted by O.K.! 2.0 View Post
                Team Porter needs to leave Haymon! They don't want Porter to spoiled there investment in Thurman! Porter called out Garcia but Team Garcia/Haymon went the Guerrero route instead! There trying to do everything in there power to get Porter to loose without looking obvious in doing so! Porter is the type of fighter who needs to stay busy.
                I could definitely be wrong, but I think Haymon has a long term game plan. If it works, he could possibly take over the sport. I think Thurman just gave PBC a major setback. This fight would have taken one of these guys to another entire league. Maybe both if its a real action filled dramatic fight. Then the winner would probably face Garcia to unify. When the smoke clears, the winner would fill the shoes of a retired Mayweather. Then, imagine if Khan (Haymon fighter) pulls off the upset against Alverez. That then sets up a mega fight between Khan and the winner of Thurman, Porter, or Garcia. Haymon knows exactly what he is doing, but Thurman needs to jump on board. And if Wilder can unify the heavyweight division (and that's a big IF) then Haymon will be the new Don King. In the USA, whoever controls the career of the heavyweight champion, controls the sport of boxing. Haymon devoted last year simply building his brand. This year could be the takeover. Imagine if Wade (Haymon fighter) upsets GGG. WOW!!! Haymon has too many pieces put in place to fail. Oscar is blessed to have Canelo, but then who??? Arum still has Manny, who is about to retire, and Crawford. But neither Oscar or Arum have legit and credible opponents for either of their superstars to fight. All roads lead back to Haymon. For example, after Crawford beats Lundy, what big money fighter does Arum have for him to fight??? Manny is retiring, so that's out. Plus Crawford and Bradley swore that they would never fight each other. Would it make any business sense to resign with Top Rank once his contract is up??? Its not about whether anyone likes Haymon or not. He's not a multi millionaire for no reason. He is a brilliant business man who has high respect from all his fighters. Both Arum and Oscar are suing because they both know the end is very near unless they jump in the bed with ol Al.

Comment

I'd want proof too if I was him.

Comment

Comment

I'm going to Clearwater for spring break next month. Imma stop by Thurman's house while I'm out there. I'll be expecting him to be in bandages. I'll get back to you guys on the extent of the injury when I meet him.

Comment

Working...
                      X