Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's (or anyone's) Right To Free Speech OR The Hurt Feelings Of Gay People?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    Which one deserves to be protected and preserved above and beyond all:

Pacquiao's, or any civilian's, right to free speech..

Or

The hurt feelings of gay people ?

Bearing in mind, gays can only express their dismay about Pacquiao's comments because they have the right to free speech too. A right they seem to be aiming to take away from Pacquiao through the recent attacks on his otherwise good character.

While I disagree with Pacquiao calling gays "animals" in the context he used it, he does have the right to express his opinion. He is unfortunately a bible-basher and religions cause people to adopt all sorts of strange, unusual and irrational beliefs.

But, put in another context, we are all animals since we are descended from primates. Of course Pac didn't mean it that way, but there's a possible get out clause I'll give to him if he desires to use it, on the proviso of course that he agrees to fight Khan next.

Pacquiao is wrong about the animal kingdom not having examples of gays. Just one example among many is that it's known there are gay and lesbian dolphins, to the point that the lesbian dolphins have developed a specialized mating call which are directed specifically to other females exclusively. Strange but true.

But, I digress..

What's more important - preserving Pacquiao's right to free speech or protecting the delicate sensibilities of gays and lesbians?
    Live and let live for me but I support Freedom of Speech over ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.

It's weird but we're so constricted in terms of what we "can" and "can't" say, that when someone says some crazy, genuinely offensive **** like this, it makes me happy for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by low blows View Post
      Similar to Kovalev cultural context needs to be applied here. He isn't American and I doubt *******ual rights is thought of as normal to the average Filipino. In a society that is so religious people that commit a sin and are unapologetic about it would be viewed as this.

By the way what are Kovalev's views on *******uality? This could be a doozie....
      HAHAHAHAH

KKKovalev's views on *******uality? I wouldn't even dare ask him the question on the off chance that he may think you were propositioning him.

Comment

• Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
        you have no real understanding of what sabbath is...
        i don't? please explain since you're apparently versed enough to tell me so, but not versed enough to go into detail.

Comment

• Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
          i don't? please explain since you're apparently versed enough to tell me so, but not versed enough to go into detail.
          jesus work on the sabbath day....

the sabbath is created for man..not the other way around...

Comment

jesus work on the sabbath day....

the sabbath is created for man..not the other way around...
            created for man to rest. and pacquiao is quoting from the old testament. the same testament that forbids working on the sabbath.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype job View Post
              Would all the people citing free speech have the same attitude if he was racially insulting blacks?

Nope.
              Actually, they probably would because a lot of Pac's fanbase are the biggest racists on NSB.

Don't you dare say Pac eats dogs like Mayweather did, though. That's too far!

Comment

• Has anybody been able to explain how Manny's free speech has been infringed?

Comment

• Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
                  created for man to rest. and pacquiao is quoting from the old testament. the same testament that forbids working on the sabbath.
                  jesus work on the sabbath....

is that too difficult to understand?

jesus christ is central to christianity...

the old testament should be read and appreciated with the NEW TESTAMENT that contains jesus' life and teachings...

some calls the new testament as the new covenant....

Comment

jesus work on the sabbath....

is that too difficult to understand?

jesus christ is central to christianity...

the old testament should be read and appreciated with the NEW TESTAMENT that contains jesus' life and teachings...

some calls the new testament as the new covenant....
                    the only one who has difficulty understanding is you. you can't espouse the law of the old testament, and out of the other side of your mouth disregard it in favor of the new one, because "jesus and stuff".

i was raised in an Evangelical household. you aren't telling me anything i don't already know. so spare the bull ****.

jesus also said whoever is without sin should cast the first stone. didn't he? sounds like good advice for a hypocrite.

Comment

• Anyone who has said Pacquiao has the right to free speech please remember free speech is what it is this allows racists to stereotype EVERYONE they want blacks as whatever they want Asians as whatever they want, Mexicans, Caucasians you name it.

I sort of find freedom of speech a very mixed up thing it clearly doesn't exist because we see people getting banned and thrown into jail for being racist and I really don't see much difference in racial hatred and *******ual hatred they're both the same kind of ******ity you can't have one rule for one thing and another for the next.

So basically whoever voted for Pacquiao having total freedom of speech will be in agreeance that people should be allowed to be openly racist on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X