No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Keeps The Line Moving in Supremacy Quest at 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taste View Post
    Seriously, are you in middle school or something?
    Seriously Jack Sparrow..?!

Seriously..?!

BWaHAHaaHAHahahaaHAHahahaahaHA!!

Comment

Wsup with those fat ass chicks GGG in the pic with?!

PLEASE somebody get this boy a payday

BWaHAHaahaHAHahahaaHAHahahaaHAHA!!

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
        Wsup with those fat ass chicks GGG in the pic with?!

PLEASE somebody get this boy a payday

BWaHAHaahaHAHahahaaHAHahahaaHAHA!!
        I'd bang either of those chicks in a heartbeat.

Comment

I wonder what goes through Golovkin's head sometimes. You come out of the amateurs where although not free of corruption, is still more "sport-like" than the pros. You have official tournaments where the intention is to be the best. Then he starts his career, gets screwed by promoters, finally gets on his feet, and now is getting screwed over by politics. Now dude is in his mid-30s still trying to get that signature win.

The 2004 Olympic class had a ton of talent: Golovkin, Ward, Rigondeaux, Gamboa, Khan, Povetkin, Dirrell.....but all of them have had disappointing pro careers (for different reasons). They have achieved some success but really haven't emerged the way fighters with their level of talent should have. Some of had opportunities but have fallen short (Khan, Dirrell, Povetkin) while others just can't get over political hurdles.

And you wonder why boxing popularity is on the steady decline. The sport doesn't take care of its top talents.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
            I wonder what goes through Golovkin's head sometimes. You come out of the amateurs where although not free of corruption, is still more "sport-like" than the pros. You have official tournaments where the intention is to be the best. Then he starts his career, gets screwed by promoters, finally gets on his feet, and now is getting screwed over by politics. Now dude is in his mid-30s still trying to get that signature win.

The 2004 Olympic class had a ton of talent: Golovkin, Ward, Rigondeaux, Gamboa, Khan, Povetkin, Dirrell.....but all of them have had disappointing pro careers (for different reasons). They have achieved some success but really haven't emerged the way fighters with their level of talent should have. Some of had opportunities but have fallen short (Khan, Dirrell, Povetkin) while others just can't get over political hurdles.

And you wonder why boxing popularity is on the steady decline. The sport doesn't take care of its top talents.
            Olympics is no longer the springboard that it used to be. Money isn't flowing like it used to be. Most guys you listed are not fluent in English and the ones that are Ward, Dirrell (not really charismatic or compelling) and Khan has had bad losses against guys he should've defeated.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post

well said......

Comment

Why won't you answer my question?!

Seriously who did you fight?

And why did you quit?!

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
                I've told you already or are you that slow ******ed texasboi ranger.....and I told why I quit....drugs.parties and being a party animal was probably the main reason......reached the semi finals of the ABA championships twice at the 68 kilo limit ...which is just above welterweight
                I asked why you quit I didn't ask why you were a f ucking can you bum

You were a f ucking bum

You can blame it on drugs gay sex whatever but bottomline after all the excuses you were a f ucking bum
                And don't give me that shi t you're clean today you're still a f uckin junkie Dicky

Didn't they make a movie about you DICKY?!

BWaHAHaahahaHAHAHaahahaHAHaaHA!!
                Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
                What an inbred lol.....sex drugs and rock & roll son.....2 birds at the same time...Pablos powder lined up on the bedside table and a few tequilas just to spice it up a bit that's what I did
                BWaHAHaahahaHAHaahaHAHahaHAHA!!!

You f ucking BUM

Comment

BWaHAHaahahaHAHaahaHAHahaHAHA!!!

You f ucking BUM
                  Texasrentboi the greatest troll that's ever walked the earth ......I am in awe lol....Brppppppppppppppppppp

Comment

Originally posted by fredhopple View Post
                    Not sure what isn't true on the comment? Money matters and titles do not in boxing today. Bradley just gave up his title. Quillin gave his title up. Learn how the boxing business operates son before speaking or just sit in silence.
                    It's about money not titles in boxing. Canelo could care less about GGG same with Khan. Pay the money get the fights. screw titles and worthless belts and sanctioning fees to powerless organizations. If Canelo and Khan want to fight again they make more money. Let GGG hang and get nothing. That's boxing. Don't like go back to Russia.
                    All due respect but I completely disagree with you. Championship belts do matter and I would say they matter a lot. Not only are they a good leverage in the negotiating table but they are a extremely good marketing tool.

Truth is that most revenue in boxing comes from casual boxing fans, just like in most sports its the casual fans that make up the bulk. I think most hardcore boxing fans would agree that "casuals" are usually not up to date on who's who and what's what. Casuals are usually sold by bells and whistles and championship belts are the bells and whistles. Any fight that has championship title on the header will sell better than a non-title fight, that's just marketing 101.

Now as far as who gets paid what, why does this matter to you? If you really are a true boxing fan you should care less who gets paid what. In fact a true boxing fan just wants to see good fights get made, that's what this sport is all about. I never understood the whole "A side - B side" argument; in no way shape or form does a boxer's purse affect me as a fan. On the contrary I think most of the time these things just get in the way of good objective boxing arguments and it gives fighters a scapegoat for fights not to happen.

Personally I really like Gennady but I do agree that he still has quite a bit of work cut out for him but I really think he is being ducked. If you listen and read what most trainers and insiders have to say you would learn that he in fact is being ducked. He legitimately wants to unify the 160lbs division and I for one respect this completely. Why not have a unified undisputed champion? Why not root for the guy that wants this to happen? Why would you want this type of fighter to hang?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      Olympics is no longer the springboard that it used to be. Money isn't flowing like it used to be. Most guys you listed are not fluent in English and the ones that are Ward, Dirrell (not really charismatic or compelling) and Khan has had bad losses against guys he should've defeated.
                      Probably true about the Olympics but that is a problem. That used to be a great marketing tool for a young fighter and the first place you find the next superstar. Now it looks like Lomachenko, arguable the greatest amateur fighter of all time will not be in a meaningful fight for a while because Haymon has all of his opponents. I guess you can argue a lot of these star Olympians miss opportunities to go after that big accomplishment (Rigo/Loma, Loma/Walters, GGG/Ward, Ward/Stevenson, etc.) but regardless they had plenty of big fights in their weight class that politics prevented.

Comment

Working...
                      X