Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Confirms Interest in Bernard Hopkins Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    168 might be a division but it's a CW in this case. Canelo and Khan are both young, with Khan actually being taller and having a (what I believe to be not a functional advantage but lets play advocate) speed advantage. Khan already said he'd be about 165 (Martinez had a few fights where he was around that weight to use as an example).

Now.... Canelo has never claimed to be willing to leave 155. I LOVE GGG but dude has said 154-168 was fair game. He's had a few fair names offer to fight him and the Ward situation is ******ed I wont even get into it. No use in using Ward as an example as the dude can't even make a fight happen at ANY weight. But GGG vs B Hop is worse than Canelo-Khan. He's going to bring a51 year old DOWN in weight.

He's (potentially) bringing a grandfather aged man DOWN in weight. Draining is worse than bringing someone up IMO.

In what world is Canelo-Khan worse than Bhop vs GGG? :/ Canelo-Khan is hilariously weird and laughable. GGG bringing B Hop down in weight isn't twilight zone levels like Canelo-Khan was is actually semi interesting. You're putting in the "killer" in boxing right now in GGG vs a drained 51 year old coming off less than stellar performances...cuz he's 51.

I like GGG and Canelo a lot but no contest in the ridiculousness of ggg-bhop.

People wanted Mayweather and some even Pac to go up and fight GGG at 160. How does Canelo get s hit from the same people for doing it with Khan at 155? Not justifying it, but someone has to play advocate. Sure, I'm not aware of any Khan fight being at 154, but he's naturally bigger than Floyd and Pac, so he's essentially fighting at 154 (almost). I dont get it.

B Hop is one of my favorite fighters in a while but that doesnt justify this as being some type of fair fight. With all respect to bhop he's 51.

He's old enough to be GGG's father. Khan and Canelo are at least in their prime. At least...lol
    I don't like this fight either. But Hop was looking for a 168 independently since he felt undersized vs Kov, he was looking for a belt vs Abe. I'd rather he showed what he got at 168 vs Chudinov say, but he wants to go out on a bang. Again not a fan of this fight, people around Hopkins should talk some sense into him but they're mostly about protecting Canelos a$$. If he's not ready for his mando give up the belt, and come back when body ready

Comment

• Lil g picking on old men

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
        Lil g picking on old men
        Some bada$$ old men that don't need 3 tuneups or lawyers to fight Kov

Comment

• If K2 said no, Every hater would say GGG is afraid of 50 year old B-hop

Funny, it was a little over a year ago Kov gets credit for taking on B-hop. GGG is smaller than him, but of course these haters will shiiiit on it.

It's funny how saying their interested is suddenly like signing to fight.

They clearly said B-hop would be for exposure. Kov gets credit for B-hop, and it wasn't that long ago. Shiiit, B-hop probably is the same guy Kov fought.

But the real truth is, this isn't happening, they are just be gracious to a great champ. If team GGG said no, the haters would say he is scared.

Every damn one of the haters would say same shiiiit.

1. This fight isn't happening.
          2. What's GGG promoter supposed to say, no we wouldn't even be inter step at all.

For gods sake, it's not like he's fighting a glass jawed WW. Canelo is actually defending the MW titles against WW who has no chance to beat him.

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
          Hopkins would school GGG.
          Stop it.

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
          Pathetic this is our #2 p4p everyone
          GGG didn't say shiiiit man. And this isn't half as bad as what Canelo is actually doing.

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
          Anybody from 154-168 except for Lara and Ward. And Canelo at 155
          Anyone from 154-168, that's three divisions that makes sense.

154 JRMW

160 MW

168 SMW

There is no ****ing 155 division, therefor that statement doesn't cover it. They didn't say we'll fight any 160 fighter, but allow his pansy azz to drain us down to 155.

If Canelo is comfortable weighing in at 155, goid for him. But 3 MW titles should never be up for grabs at a pathetic 155 CW.

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
          Lil g picking on old men
          Actually, B-hop has been calling GGG out.

At least b-hop actually bigger than GGG. I'd rather him fight b-hop than bounce Khan of the canvas.

Comment

• keep duckin ward chump..go beat up a senior citizen

Comment

• Some bada$$ old men that don't need 3 tuneups or lawyers to fight Kov
              Hopkins is indeed a strange breed. I'm almost sure he's been financially secure for a while yet he keeps pursuing the boogey men of boxing....well after his prime at that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                As WBA/IBF/IBO middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (34-0, 31KOs) continues his quest to unify the division, he's having some problems finding well-known and marketable foes for the time being.

[Click Here To Read More]
                What a cowardly move by Golovkin for wanting to challenge a man who is no longer at his physical peak? He has had his time. Why doesn't he fight a contemporary fighter with something to prove? B-Hops shouldn't allow himself to be prostituted for a paycheck like Roy Jones, Jr. At 51 years old now he is past his prime. He has nothing left to prove. He has achieved it all and also especially after a two year calendar layoff, he knows that he cannot win against the hungrier young lion GGG. So all he is capable of doing at this point is to give a face-saving performance by lasting the distance.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  you clowns are the idiots who cant see whats what. GGG aint fighting Hops. Period. Loeffler is just being polite, as Hops is an HBO analyst and a partner in Golden boy.
                  Yeah, Loeffler didn't sound particularly keen to me. GGG threads are always choc-full of idiots these days.

You have fans of a guy who chose to fight Andre Berto instead of Golovkin, fans of another guy who can't make 154 so hides out at a permanent catchweight despite being big enough for 160 to avoid Golovkin and then you hear ******ed calls of ducking Ward when Ward is going life and death in negotiations with Sullivan Barrera and hasn't fought anyone in years.

And on it goes...

Comment

• Look if you give me this instead of Wade,I can take it. Otherwise, nope, We dont want it, We all know the result
                    Last edited by xhiddenx87; 02-09-2016, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
                      Ward has fought three times since 2011 (IT IS YEAR 2016!). Let that sink in.
                      So what? As of the present he is more active than the 51 year old man they want to fight

Comment

Working...
                      X