Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquaio vs Juan Manuel Marquez 3 Appreciation thread: Did JMM get robbed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

round 9 marquez: 10-9

close round, he was getting to manny with those uppercut right hand combos...manny barely missed some good shots if they landed. ring generalship and defense the difference

88-84 JMM
    ROUND 10 too damn close.....even

98-94 jmm

Comment

pac clearly won the last 2 unless you go insane and somehow give any of them to marquez so you are going to have a 116-114 scorecard and claim robbery lol. i had a guy winning by 2 points in a fight with a ton of close rounds robbery!

Comment

ROUND 10 too damn close.....even

98-94 jmm
        rounds 11 JMM and 12 go to Pac..he was busier and winning most of the exchanges

effective aggression

final score card 117-113

some rounds were very close....if I give manny the close rounds I scored 10-10 He still wouldve have lost by 2 points....there are 4-5 rounds that can arguably be scored even

Manny came on late in the fight and JMM kinda started to cruise. He let manny back in the fight

It wasnt a robbery in my book but I think Juan Manuel Marquez clearly won

I also had a second scorecard where I gave the even rounds to a definitive winner and the score was 116-114 Marquez

Manny Pacquaio didnt win this fight...because of the close rounds, depending on how it was scored the closest it could be is a draw but even that is reaching

Comment

rounds 11 JMM and 12 go to Pac..he was busier and winning most of the exchanges

effective aggression

final score card 117-113

some rounds were very close....if I give manny the close rounds I scored 10-10 He still wouldve have lost by 2 points....there are 4-5 rounds that can arguably be scored even

Manny came on late in the fight and JMM kinda started to cruise. He let manny back in the fight

It wasnt a robbery in my book but I think Juan Manuel Marquez clearly won
          you scored 2 even rounds. if you give them to manny it would have been a draw so how is that clearly winning? clearly winning is kovalev vs hopkins. he won in your mind ok thats fine but it obviously wasn't that clear if you are scoring even roudns.

Comment

Originally posted by mann187 View Post
            i had it 8-4 or at a push 7-5 to Marquez

no way pacquiao won, he was controlled and countered all night, think it was first time Pacquiao tried to box with Marquez and didnt go too well imho.

Everytime i score it i can never give Pacquiao more than 5 rounds and I thought Marquez ring generalship showed that night.
            about the way I saw it....scoring it live I had it 7-5.....this time it was a little wider....the competitiveness of 4-5 rounds could really swing the scores though

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              you scored 2 even rounds. if you give them to manny it would have been a draw so how is that clearly winning? clearly winning is kovalev vs hopkins. he won in your mind ok thats fine but it obviously wasn't that clear if you are scoring even roudns.
              there were only 2 rounds I scored 10-10

Marquez clearly won....there were 4-5 close rounds but it depends on who scores them how they will go....JMM won his rounds on clean punching and ring generalship, Manny was busier and landed in clusters

the final talley was 117-113.....i gave manny the close rounds he still would have lost by 2 points

I had a second scorecard and Marquez won by 2 points

He lost this fight, he thought he lost this fight, and so did roach who was reminding him he was falling behind as early as round 7-8

it was a good fight but in no way did Manny win this fight

Comment

there were only 2 rounds I scored 10-10

Marquez clearly won....there were 4-5 close rounds but it depends on who scores them how they will go....JMM won his rounds on clean punching and ring generalship, Manny was busier and landed in clusters

the final talley was 117-113.....i gave manny the close rounds he still would have lost by 2 points

I had a second scorecard and Marquez won by 2 points

He lost this fight, he thought he lost this fight, and so did roach who was reminding him he was falling behind as early as round 7-8

it was a good fight but in no way did Manny win this fight
                "there were 5 even/swing rounds"

"marquez clearly won"

these 2 statements don't go together yet you just made them.

Comment

"there were 5 even/swing rounds"

"marquez clearly won"

these 2 statements don't go together yet you just made them.

if you go through the thread I scored each round seperately and gave the reasons why

there were rounds that were not clearly won but the fight was clearly won...Marquez won by a noticeable margin..me pointing out that there were several close rounds doesnt change the fact that win scores were tallied, Marquez won on both my scorecards

the fight is 12 rounds....there were rounds close enough that one would have trouble scoring unless they WATCHED CLOSELY

No matter how you slice it, dice it, try to remix my words....There were close rounds....Marquez clearly won....DEAL WITH IT

Look at the other posts...i dont think I saw anyone score it for Manny at all

Comment

if you go through the thread I scored each round seperately and gave the reasons why

there were rounds that were not clearly won but the fight was clearly won...Marquez won by a noticeable margin..me pointing out that there were several close rounds doesnt change the fact that win scores were tallied, Marquez won on both my scorecards

the fight is 12 rounds....there were rounds close enough that one would have trouble scoring unless they WATCHED CLOSELY

No matter how you slice it, dice it, try to remix my words....There were close rounds....Marquez clearly won....DEAL WITH IT

Look at the other posts...i dont think I saw anyone score it for Manny at all

marquez won on both your scorecards? i'm shocked! pac won on 3 of my scorecards so i guess he really really won!

Comment

marquez won on both your scorecards? i'm shocked! pac won on 3 of my scorecards so i guess he really really won!
                      kinda was the point of the thread to compare scorecards....not bicker

I cant see manny winning this fight, each round I gave to each fighter is explained

Sorry man, Im not one of those posters who rides with one fighter or the other, I just score the fights. I dont gain anything or add to the forum being biased

I respect your opinion

Comment

Working...
                      X