Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquaio vs Juan Manuel Marquez 3 Appreciation thread: Did JMM get robbed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had it 8-4 Marquez iirv. Would have to look back in one of the older threads like this to fiND my RBR score.

Comment

Round 4: 10-9 Marquez

scorecard: 39-37 Marquez

Good jabs to the head, body and that left hook....he is doing well controlling the lead foot...Manny landed 2 good straight lefts not much else.

Marquez lands a big counter before the bell and seals the round.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
        round 1 Marquez
        round 2 Pac
        round 3 Pac
        round 4 Pac (this one I had problem scoring it to be honest)
        round 5 Marquez
        round 6 Pac
        round 7 Marquez (close round)
        round 8 Marquez
        round 9 Marquez
        round 10 Pac
        round 11 Pac
        round 12 Pac

To be honest it could have been a draw and even a Marquez win. It was a very hard fight to score.No robberies there. Even me the first time I watched it, I thought Marquez won easy, because everybody thought Pacquiao would beat him easily. Could have gone either way cause there was so many close rounds. Manny landed more but Marquez landed some hard shots there. Great fight!!
        I just got through with rounds 1-4 and yea 4 was a toughie....Manny was throwing more but Marquez was landing cleaner shots, gave it to JMM by a hair

Comment

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Ma..._(3rd_meeting)

Among the unofficial scorers above, 57 scored the bout for Marquez, 51 scored the bout for Pacquiao, and the remaining 36 scored the bout a draw.

Comment

Their 3rd fight was just as close as the other 2. It may not have been as fast paced or action packed, but it was close as all hell

Comment

1) 10-9 Pac, pretty even round tho
              2) 10-9 Pac
              3) 10-9 Pac, CLOSE
              4) 10-9 Marquez
              5) 10-9 Marquez, clearly
              6) 10-9 Pac, pretty close
              7) 10-9 Marquez, clearly
              8) 10-9 Marquez
              9) 10-9 Marquez
              10) 10-9 Marquez, CLOSE
              11) 10-9 Pac, CLOSE
              12) 10-9 Pac, CLOSE AF
              Total: 114-114

I can see why people felt Marquez won that.. Marquez won more rounds definitively than Pacquiao did. Those uppercuts were a thing of beauty.

Comment

gotta find some better links instead of these 240p shlt

Comment

I had it 7-5 for JMM on this viewing. I saw it as a close fight, with close rounds, especially early on.

I think live, i had Pacquiao by a round. I can see why the media were split.
                  I don't see a robbery, so to speak, and think it a close one like the previous 2. I can see a case for whatever way people went.
                  Last edited by Chrismart; 02-08-2016, 12:49 PM.

Comment

It definitely wasn't a robbery. Only like half of the rounds in the fight were won clearly by one guy or the other, the rest were toss ups. Anything from 8-4 Pac to 8-4 Marquez would be reasonable imo.

Cba to rewatch and score it again, but the two times I've watched it, I've scored it 7-5 Pac.

Comment

Robbery is too strong a word. It was a decision I did not agree with, but it was a pretty close fight. It comes down to a couple rounds that I though Marquez clearly won, but the judges saw it differently. Not every decision you disagree with has to be a robbery.

Personally, I have Marquez 3-1 vs Pacquaio, but some people have it 3-0-1, others have it 1-3. We're allowed to see things differently without their being a conspiracy.

Comment

Working...
                      X