Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquaio vs Juan Manuel Marquez 3 Appreciation thread: Did JMM get robbed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Pretty sure I scored it a draw so I don't think Marquez was robbed. But it was quite a disappointing performance by Pacquiao; he was completely stifled. Marquez truly is an ATG.
    this performance really showed how good a technician/tactician Marquez was...he had trouble slipping that rocket left and in this fight he neutralized it....are you gonna have time to re-score it?

Manny was red hot around this time, they though JMM was past it enough so Manny could finally get a clear win, it never happened. JMM showed how great he was as well

Comment

great thread! Those kind of threads are great. Ill be looking at the fight later on and post my scorecard too. I remember the first time I watched it live I thought Marquez won but lets see

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        this performance really showed how good a technician/tactician Marquez was...he had trouble slipping that rocket left and in this fight he neutralized it....are you gonna have time to re-score it?

Manny was red hot around this time, they though JMM was past it enough so Manny could finally get a clear win, it never happened. JMM showed how great he was as well
        Yes, they thought they found a victim. And based on Marquez's one-sided loss to Mayweather, the assumption was that he couldn't handle welterweight well. Turns out, he was as good as any welter not named Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Yes, they thought they found a victim. And based on Marquez's one-sided loss to Mayweather, the assumption was that he couldn't handle welterweight well. Turns out, he was as good as any welter not named Floyd.
          or he just had Manny's number...their styles are like steak and potatoes together

I was never big on Marquez fighting over 140...he couldve got somethings done at 140.....JMM vs Hatton, Garcia, Morales, Khan, Bradley and Peterson around from 09-2013 wouldve been nice

Comment

I'll go back and rewatch it today, but I certainly felt he got robbed. To me this fight was the easiest to score.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
              I'll go back and rewatch it today, but I certainly felt he got robbed. To me this fight was the easiest to score.
              i totally agree

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
                great thread! Those kind of threads are great. Ill be looking at the fight later on and post my scorecard too. I remember the first time I watched it live I thought Marquez won but lets see
                thanks...Cant wait to see how you scored it

Comment

round 1 Marquez
                  round 2 Pac
                  round 3 Pac
                  round 4 Pac (this one I had problem scoring it to be honest)
                  round 5 Marquez
                  round 6 Pac
                  round 7 Marquez (close round)
                  round 8 Marquez
                  round 9 Marquez
                  round 10 Pac
                  round 11 Pac
                  round 12 Pac

To be honest it could have been a draw and even a Marquez win. It was a very hard fight to score.No robberies there. Even me the first time I watched it, I thought Marquez won easy, because everybody thought Pacquiao would beat him easily. Could have gone either way cause there was so many close rounds. Manny landed more but Marquez landed some hard shots there. Great fight!!

Comment

Yes, it wasn't even a close fight.

117-111 Marquez.

The better work was all Marquez, cleaner, harder, better punches throughout the fight and dictated the range.

Comment

i nsaw this fight live in vegas .....live i def though marquez won as welll as most of the arena ...when i got home and watched it on tv i thought pac won by a round

toss up for me

Comment

Working...
                      X