Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Canelo Can Be 155, But Golovkin Will Weigh 160!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too right. Canelo's taking the p!ss with this catchweight *****.

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
      i know this isnt about the thread..but i always felt GGG would destroy lara...and not only lara, canelo as well...
      but i think im changing my stance on at least lara based on the tape..GGG his some flaws with his feet...i think he has some real competition now.
      i've been watching a lot of tape and this guy is very slow and robotic..
      he only really commits to head shots unless he is right up on you..
      I'm not sure what your watching but dude have the most impressive body shot I've seen in boxing. It's actually have enough strength to hurt people and he uses it a lot and not headhunting like you say he does. And his footwork is solid. I don't know what you see but we're not seeing the same things.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        It's pretty obvious what they did. They wanted an advantage if they were going to fight Ward so Sanchez came up with the 164 stipulation.

But now Canelo wants the advantage by bringing up 155 and suddenly those tactics are not ok to Team Golovkin.
        No, they wanted Ward to take less than 50% of the purse in return for GGG giving him an advantage with the weight.

That's why they said 50/50 money and weight would be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by bug0092 View Post
          You guys are naive if you think GGG and his camp haven't thought about this scenario happening since the Cotto/Canelo fight. Or even since they fought Rubio. Why do you think GGG has been so positive about all this. He knows there's an end game. He wants unification. Why? Well it's simple, he's a natural middleweight. If he can hold all the belts, he calls all the shots at MW and JMW (for guys who want to move up). Just because the critics have no patience, doesn't me he shouldn't. He is a 160b fighter, not a SMW. Any fight where he goes up to SMW (Froch, Chavez Jr., etc..), he will be giving a serious weight advantage to his opponent. He wasn't willing to give Ward that advantage, especially at 50/50 on the purse and a year long commitment. What's so hard to understand about that? He will not likely move up to SMW until he decides the move will be a permanent one. He will only take a weight penalty + or - for big money. They have been consistent about this for the past couple of years. As for Canelo, they must have some kind of arrangement. If Canelo keeps ducking, they will have him stripped. He will get Canelo eventually anyway unless Canelo is content never to fight for a title. He can't make 154 anymore and he won't just jump up to SMW.
          Agreed. Sanchez was the one who originally shot his mouth off about 168, and shouldn't have. Golovkin is not a SMW; he's simply too small. His reach is only freaking 70". He would be a 5'10" guy fighting guys over 6 feet. He could beat some fighters up there, but going from 160 to 168 is a huge jump. Golovkin is a MW, pure and simple.

I really think Canelo (who is always characterized, I think correctly, as an especially "proud" hot head) will not tolerate having his belt stripped if he can help it. Right now I think he's buying as much time as he can. Golovkin's best years are coming to and end soon....what is he, 34 now? Days are numbered for his prime ability.
          Last edited by Joe Beamish; 02-05-2016, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
            Canelo wants a advantage fighting a man in his own division? The great 160mw champ wants a fighter to come down to 155. Ward is not in the same division and GGG has no obligation to fight him which is a very big difference. But i guess Ward draining Dawson to 168 was cool for Ward to do, Dawson never the same since. GGG instead of 164 should have done a Ward and said come all the way to 160.
            Ward said he would come down to 160 for Floyd.

According to muppet logic, that means he should come down to 160 for GGG also.

Comment

hbo network support >>>>>>> NSB support.

i really wish canelo would act like a tru aztec ("hey, what's that on your leg? "i dunno, i think its yogurt. shut up") warrior and fight GGG at middleweight.

if not, agree to the catchweight then weigh in at 160.

put the onus on canelo to cancel the fight because the lineal middlweight champion refuses to fight a fellow middleweight champion at 160lbs.

AGREE TO THE CATCHWEIGHT THEN WEIGH IN AT 160.

if the fight is cancelled that's on canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                It's pretty obvious what they did. They wanted an advantage if they were going to fight Ward so Sanchez came up with the 164 stipulation.

But now Canelo wants the advantage by bringing up 155 and suddenly those tactics are not ok to Team Golovkin.
                It becomes less hypocritical when you realize Golovkin's not going to rehydrate to a heavier weight than Ward where Canelo is already rehydrating 5lbs heavier than Golovkin w/o Golovkin cutting down to 155lbs.

Hypocrisy is when Ward is cool with Dawson cutting down 7lbs, but he's not cool with himself cutting down 4lbs.

Comment

i know this isnt about the thread..but i always felt GGG would destroy lara...and not only lara, canelo as well...
                  but i think im changing my stance on at least lara based on the tape..GGG his some flaws with his feet...i think he has some real competition now.
                  Say what you want about GGG but he literally has some of the best footwork out of any boxer alive, that is not an overstatement.

He is always centres and balanced with that ruski style which enables him to throwf hurtful punches EVERYTIME- even moving forward throwing combinations. He's also very conservative with his movement which keeps more in the tank, whilst cutting off the ring again better than any other pro in the game. He'll slowly stalk you "plodding" whilst you waste energy trying to circle and still find yourself trapped in a corner.

His footwork is unreal man.

Comment

His feet are ok, he cuts the ring off with the best. Good footwork gets you into position to attack or out of trouble. All that dancing around the ring is called keep away. Some times, like when Collazo hurt Thurman, it comes in handy, but it can boor me to sleep all the time.

Comment

I'm gonna laugh when Canelo drops the belts and 3G is left hanging again
                      Another year wasted

Comment

Working...
                      X