Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Drained Canelo Down To 152! Khan's Fighting The Real Canelo, Not Drained..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Drained Canelo Down To 152! Khan's Fighting The Real Canelo, Not Drained..

How far down does this drop Floyd now on the All Time landscape and how far below Khan does he descend? He made Canelo fight at a 152 catchweight, he avoided Khan repeatedly and instead fought someone Khan already beat (Maidana), even after Khan won his own public poll to fight him. And now Khan is fighting Canelo at 155 where he won't be drained, unlike the clearly weight-drained version of Canelo that Floyd fought. So there we have it.

Discuss..

Floyd had to do what he had to do to keep his zero. Its never about legacy. Only after the fight do Floyd fans try make out the win is a great legacy fight. No, it was a keep the zero fight, nothing more, nothing less

Comment

How far down does this drop Floyd now on the All Time landscape and how far below Khan does he descend? He made Canelo fight at a 152 catchweight, he avoided Khan repeatedly and instead fought someone Khan already beat (Maidana), even after Khan won his own public poll to fight him. And now Khan is fighting Canelo at 155 where he won't be drained, unlike the clearly weight-drained version of Canelo that Floyd fought. So there we have it.

Discuss..
      I have a hard time believing a person that campaigns at 155lbs on a regular basis would be severely drained by weighing in 2lbs below the normal 154lbs limit. I'm not saying Canelo was at his very best, but I doubt it was as big of an issue as some people made it out to be.

Comment

What factor did the 2lbs play in the fight? Was it stamina? Canelo has stamina problems at 154 and 155. Was it power? Canelo couldn't put Trout & Lara out at 154 and couldn't put Cotto down at 155. So what did Canelo lose by dropping those two lbs? Before the fight Oscar told us 152 is a great weight for Canelo. He would be lighter on his feet.

Comment

I commend Floyd for giving Canelo 2 pounds after Canelo and his team said they'd come to 150 to fight Floyd. Canelo is gracious for the 2 pounds and the boxing lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            What factor did the 2lbs play in the fight? Was it stamina? Canelo has stamina problems at 154 and 155. Was it power? Canelo couldn't put Trout & Lara out at 154 and couldn't put Cotto down at 155. So what did Canelo lose by dropping those two lbs? Before the fight Oscar told us 152 is a great weight for Canelo. He would be lighter on his feet.
            2 pounds didn't make a difference. Fighters are just bitc*es nowadays and fans have taken on that mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
              I have a hard time believing a person that campaigns at 155lbs on a regular basis would be severely drained by weighing in 2lbs below the normal 154lbs limit. I'm not saying Canelo was at his very best, but I doubt it was as big of an issue as some people made it out to be.
              Not only that, but when he and Floyd fought, Canelo had not long been fighting at and around 150-154. It really made no difference, or put another way, it made as much of a difference as Pac bringing Cotto down 2 pounds.

We could also go to this argument: Pacquiao fought a drained Cotto, while Floyd fought a rejuvenated, undrained Cotto at 154, who would then go on to become the lineal middleweight champion which just shows how much better Cotto was at 154-160, instead of the drained version that Pac fought.

Canelo had actually had more fights at 152 and under than he had over 152 when he fought Floyd, so he wasnt drained and it was never going to be an issue.

If we want to talk drained, Oscar coming down to 147 after not making it for ten years was drained. Morales having to stay at 130 when he said he couldnt make it and wanted the fight at 135. Making Margs move down to 150 for a 154 'title', if we can call two unranked 154 guys, one who'd never fought there at all and one that was an unranked journeyman level fighter there, fighting at 150 for a jr middleweight championship, a 'title'...

Anyway, how did I fall into the trap of bringing up a retired fighter Floyd in a fight between two current guys that arent him?

Weird fight this.

Comment

Excellent point, and one that needs to be brought up constantly. The problem with today's society is that people are dumb, they are easily fooled and manipulated. Floyd knows this, and so do many people in the business world. People forget the circumstances, they only remember the results.

And with al due respect, boxing fans (and boxers) are the dumbest athletes/fans in all sports due to various reasons (one being the social class it emerges from).

Khan is a true warrior and deserves respect. Canelo is the biggest coward in boxing history, ducking his 160 mandatory and defending the title against a 147 pounder. Canelo is a fraud. There is no arguing that at this point. Even a bigger coward than Floyd, just at 26 years old. Imagine the coward moves Canelo will pull in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
                  did you have a hard time when floyd who regularly comes in @146lbs everytime suddenly becomes dehydrated @146lbs when he fought Pac?

but was not dehydrated at the same 146lbs 5 months later when ho fought berto?

Comment

Floyd fought canelo when he was green as well. Canelo is more seasoned now. If khan can beat canelo it would be a wonderful win for khan.

Comment

Working...
                    X