Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Canelo vs. Khan Master Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo is going to get a lot of stick for this and in many ways rightly so he should step up the challenge and fight GGG.Khan for his part will be a narrow price to lose by KO. and has nothing to lose . He gains a lot of exposure at this new venue and ppv HBO , how exactly they sell it i'm not sure as I know the Americans apart from Oscar do not see Khan as ppv. and have seen him battered and knocked out at four weights lighter !
    But it is what it is and not many Welterweights would want to step up this much having not done much at the weight he's in.
    So good luck Amir unless you get daft and talk any more stupidity I'm with you and finally so should others.

Comment

• This will be DLH vs Pacquiao all over again but only that Canelo is not old and past prime. He may be weight drained and that's Khan's chance at pulling off the upset. Him and Pacquiao have the same loss/KO record, 3 losses 2 by knock out, going into the 2 weight jump. Difference is Pacquiao was way ahead with the wins, Khan has Maidana as his best, toughest win.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfan1986 View Post
        Why is he fighting Canelo though?

Money?
        Wanting to challenge himself against one of the best?
        Anything to avoid Brook?

I just dont get it. Is he really that determined to never give Brook a payday?
        He wanted Mayweather, Cotto, Pacquiao and now he gets Canelo. He wants the money fights. I thought Cotto vs Khan at 154 would have actually been a pretty fair fight and not a drastic jump in weight for Khan.

Comment

• this is such a bizarre fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Willthethrill View Post
            this is such a bizarre fight
            GBP needed a name for Canelo and Khan was it.

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
              Everything about his behaviour the last year or so tells me he wants a big payday, then retirement. I doubt he fights again afterwards.
              Yeah I can see that too!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                He wanted Mayweather, Cotto, Pacquiao and now he gets Canelo. He wants the money fights. I thought Cotto vs Khan at 154 would have actually been a pretty fair fight and not a drastic jump in weight for Khan.
                So he's jumping up to MW to fight Canelo for money instead of staying at WW to fight Brook?

Say he loses to Canelo which he probably will. Why would he still entertain the idea of facing Brook. His star would have faded in the UK. Would the Brook fight be as big if Khan loses to Canelo. Maybe he just doesn't want that Brook fight at all.

Comment

• Holy ****ing ****.

I did not see this coming... Huge props for Amir taking dangerous and risky fight like this... Damn.

I think Canelo stops him, but hey, I bet it will be an entertaining fight to watch! Cant wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                    Lmfao it's so simple isn't it. Just let Canelo have his way in everything and all is well with the world.
                    That's how boxing works now. Not saying its right, that's just how it is. Everybody's bent over at least once, Canelo included.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluzi View Post
                      Dude they are fighthing feather fisted glass jaw 140/147 pounder , there is 0.1% of them losing the fight , they get paid by a new vegas stadium and have a PPV on HBO that will sell well on cinco de mayo , Oscar will be smoking from 100$ bills after this fight is done. from Canelo POV its the best thing he can get , low risk high reward , its the dream of every fighter out there today , they all want the money , the easier the better.
                      Although Khan's chance of winning is slim you have take into consideration he can box. Canelo has trouble with boxers. Guys that can control range with lateral movement. On any given night anything can happen. I don't think Khan has the talents of Floyd by any means but Canelo can lose this fight if he can't get to Khan. It's an easy night for Canelo if Khan is dumb enough to stand in front of him and trade ala Garcia for certain but if he can remain focused and follow a game plan, Khan has a shot. A long long long shot, but he has one.
                      I still think this is a Bullsith fight on so many levels and has no up side for Canelo at all. Short term quick cash is not always the best thing for either fighter. I also think Khan could have made more money with Brook and Garcia that he'll make in this fight. A devastating loss for Khan (although expected) could ruin any chance he has for big money fights in any division. Just my opinion.
                      Another thing to keep in mind is that Cash Cows have been embarrassed before in what were supposed to be easy fights opening new venues. Just ask Chavez Sr.

Comment

Working...
                      X