Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Lands Alexander Dimitrenko For March 5 HBO Headliner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Lands Alexander Dimitrenko For March 5 HBO Headliner

As 2015 ended with Luis Ortiz emphatically announcing his arrival at (or at least near) the top of the heavyweight stage, 2016 began with a frantic search to land an opponent for his next assignment.

Such exhausting efforts have finally come up aces. BoxingScene.com was informed by Team Ortiz that a challenger has been found in Alexander Dimitrenko, with their World Boxing Association (WBA) interim heavyweight title fight to take place March 5 in Washington D.C.
    [Click Here To Read More]

imagine birdlegs in with dimitrenko

Comment

Wow. Thats a name I haven't heard in awhile. Looks like Dimitrenko is recovered from the Pulev L & is ready to start recovering from a Ortiz L,

At Ortiz's age I'd like to see him in a lil tougher.

Comment

I remember when I joined this forum everyone of the Eastern Euro boxing fans were riding this guys nuts calling him the next one. I took heat for calling him overrated & said he hadn't beaten anyone, etc. I said the same things I said about David Price. See what happens when they step up. Dimitrenko had a couple decent wins but after losing to chambers the nuthuggers were erasing their "HYPE" posts & denying they ever were his fans, they called him a bum & overrated. It actually was pretty funny. Dimitrenko is about to get crushed by Ortiz. He may be 6-0 since Pulev but he hasn't looked good at all. He got dropped by Kertagic (who is pretty big) & Ivica Perkovic who is nothing more then a D level trialhorse. Is that signs to come? Can he take a legit HW punch anymore? I'm not convinced. He always was a C level guy in my eyes at the best of times so I don't see him handling Ortiz's big punches well. Shocked if it goes past 3 or 4 rounds. He is big but I don't think he has the heart to be a top contender.

Comment

Dimitrenko is getting streamrolled. Ortiz can't get any of the top guys to fight him and the way he destroyed Jennings just scared them off more. Steverne team agreed then backed out of a fight in oct. And it's not just the top belt holders who refuse even the middle to outside the top 10 heavyweights are refusing to even negotiate money. Their promoters and managers see Ortiz as too much a night mare matchup. 1 punch knockout power, a big friggin southpaw who doesn't just need to slug he can also box, with a boat load of Olympic and amateur pedigree. Gonna have to take a stay busy fight and chase these chumps down to force them to fight him.
          Last edited by bigdunny1; 01-31-2016, 09:39 AM.

Comment

HBO just building up Ortiz's name. I'd be happy to see Wilder fight Dimitrenko. Ortiz is still scheduled to fight Ustinov in June, then the Fury/Klitschko winner later in the year. Should be good.

Comment

Ortiz only shot at getting the bigger names is by forcing mandatories and getting the fans to demand it. Because it's clear none of these guys will voluntarily fight him. And it's not about money these guys are saying no before they they talk dollars and cents.

Comment

Anyone remember back in the day when dimitrenko was considered to be the next major threat to Klitchko..

Good stay busy fight for ortiz

Comment

This is a bum fight. He's ranked 61st by Boxrec and is viewed as a failed fighter.

Comment

Omg, Ortiz is fighting a total bum. HBO = Heavyweight Bums Only. This is awful. Very poor match HBO.

Comment

Working...
                    X