No announcement yet.

What did Roach add to Pascal's game?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did Roach add to Pascal's game?

For the first 3 rounds I saw a new adjustment for Pascal trying to use his left jab. A tad different than the first meet. However, anybody else noticed the new strategy that offset Pascal's normal game? I'm wondering, what did Roach add to Pascal's game or if he even cared? I don't think Roach took Pascal seriously. I mean Kovalev's trademark is the lunging body jab, I didn't see any footwork to avoid it this time around.

I think the fight would've been better had Pascal stayed with Ramsey, at least a proper TKO.

How to throw a towel.

Comment

lol. No that was Joe Grier for Foreman vs Cotto!

Comment

Nothing! Zero.
        He detracted from Pascal's game fighting style.

But roach did help himself to some of Pascal's purse.

Comment

i'm pretty sure it was pascal's idea to have the canvas soaked in water so kovalev couldn't get any leverage and knock him the eff out. even with a slip and slide ground kovalev still knocked pascal down with a jab. do you guys think ward will water down the canvas so kovalev doens't hurt him too badly? or maybe make a trap door in the ring for kovalev to fall through something like that? veteran tactics

Comment

Pascal doesn't know how to retreat on the back foot from incoming offense the way Stevenson does. There are plenty of elite fighters from different classes that can neutralize Kovalev's body jab. I just don't know why Pascal ate almost every jab. Sloppy distance control.

Comment

Nothing. Roach was hired to sell the fight. Pascal was beat decisively in the first fight. Looked like **** his next fight. John David Jackson stated numerous times before the fight that Pascal is shot. We all knew that. I can't understand why people are celebrating Kovalev beating a fighter he beat last year without much trouble.

Comment

How to get stopped quicker than before.

Comment

He was able to free up Roy Jones for an epic ring walk rap performance.

Comment

How to bounce around the ring and do nothing

Comment

Working...
                    X