Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did Roach add to Pascal's game?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a damn thing he was only their to collect a check lol.

Kovelev look rusty as ****, the game plan and old pascal for the first fight might have won, this pascal under roach tweaking took a beating, hell roach dont stop fights lol you think roach stopped this for pascal benefit hell naw he stopped it for his.

Comment

I don't know what they did in training camp, I don't know how good Roach thought Pascal was looking, cause he showed up fighting scared. He tried to box early. Got his nose broken in round three and things went further downhill from there, he went into full survival mode thereafter. Pascal has been fighting tough guys for a long time, he needs a gimme and perhaps retirement next.

Kov might have a brutish reputation, but he's a smart boxer inside that ring.

Comment

Say what you will but Roach was giving sound corner advice and Pascal wasn't doing **** with it. He wasn't throwing any punches and looked shook af basically the entire fight. You can only do so much with a guy that has already accepted defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
          Say what you will but Roach was giving sound corner advice and Pascal wasn't doing **** with it. He wasn't throwing any punches and looked shook af basically the entire fight. You can only do so much with a guy that has already accepted defeat.
          Roach was giving awful advise his whole approach was moronic kovalev had the far superior jab but roach wanted pascal to work behind it he was far better in the first fight

Comment

Originally posted by emre belozoglu View Post
            Roach was giving awful advise his whole approach was moronic kovalev had the far superior jab but roach wanted pascal to work behind it he was far better in the first fight
            Roach advice was solid, Pascal just didn't have the tools to pull it off. When he instructed Pascal to stay off the ropes he did much better than the previous two rounds but he still took a beating.

Comment

NOTHING...Kovalevs completely outboxed Pascal, and his natural raw strenght just killed Pascal. Way to make a good boxer look below average.but thanks to freedie for saving Pascal.. bout should have been stopped sooner

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                For the first 3 rounds I saw a new adjustment for Pascal trying to use his left jab. A tad different than the first meet. However, anybody else noticed the new strategy that offset Pascal's normal game? I'm wondering, what did Roach add to Pascal's game or if he even cared? I don't think Roach took Pascal seriously. I mean Kovalev's trademark is the lunging body jab, I didn't see any footwork to avoid it this time around.

I think the fight would've been better had Pascal stayed with Ramsey, at least a proper TKO.

How to take a better beating. Roach is over hype coach it was Pacquaio skills that made him . Pacquaio was made by someone else, If Roach had taught him from scratch than I would say he's a legit coach. Who has Roach trained from a bare nothing kid to World Champ or even Amateur Champ ?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                  Roach advice was solid, Pascal just didn't have the tools to pull it off. When he instructed Pascal to stay off the ropes he did much better than the previous two rounds but he still took a beating.
                  Pascal had no threat roach wanted him to beat kovalev to the jab an push him back which pascal clearly couldn't do. He caught kovalev with great counters in the first fight using the shoulder roll and caught kovalev with a few good shots ducking down and then leapin up. Roach took all that away from pascal and tried to make him fight conventionally when pascal clearly didn't have the tools to do it

Comment

........."at least a proper TKO". ......................What?

I'll bet Freddy had him in better condition and brought his training up a notch but you can't teach an old dog new tricks in 5 weeks.
                    He is an "older" fighter who already lost by tko and once he got pressure he resorted back to his way of boxing which is not to box at all.

How anyone could think the outcome has anything to do with Roach is ridiculous
                    When a fighter wins its his glory when they loose its the trainers fault! HA!

One of the worst TV boxing shows I've ever seen. The fill in opponent for the welter fight made weight and that was it!!! They both were terrible and the feature was one sided too!
                    Pascal was never a solid B grade talent but because he had a belt he is considered a quality boxer, no he is NOT!
                    Koval is stunting his growth with this type of opponent, he already beat the guy last year so you revisit him just for a pay day. Great management!

Ray

Comment

Roach added nothing to pascal. Offered no in fight adjustments just like he made no adjustments in the cotto canelo fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X