Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waddell investment down to the last 82M? OUT of (521M)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Yeah, the post said he was going to reduce salaries.

The only good thing is this may mean the fights we want may get made or his guys don't get paid at all. If PBC fails but leads to Stevenson/kov and other fights that politics is preventing then that's a good thing.

My guess is they rebrand under Mayweather Promotions. Hopefully schaeffer comes in and does things the right way.
    That's the one bright spot. If this fails Haymon's power in boxing will be striped signicantly and he will have no option but to make some of these fights with promoters and networks he has refused to deal with. Also Mayweather promotions is not a viable company if it were he would be using them more for PBC events. All last year despite having like a 100 PBC events on all these networks used Mayweather promotions only like 2-3 times. I doubt he sends all his fighters to them they are a 3rd rate promotion company.

Comment

• Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
      I wouldn't believe what kim says about pbc af all. That dude works for top rank so he is very biased and prays for haymons downfall
      I dont believe anything either of them say. MANY on here only believe Glazer when it benefits them and Kim is a tool who you can tell is biased and hurt they banned him.

I am rooting for it cause i think 1 umbrella is the best thing for this sport but what fighters get paid, how many views, PPV buys, cost of event, and so on and so on dont interest me but they have engulfed this sport and its "fans" and made it worse.

fights get announced and there is very little talk of the fight itself and more of the purses they are receiving.

I just want to watch the fights and see what some think of them but this place has become so horrible

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        That's the one bright spot. If this fails Haymon's power in boxing will be striped signicantly and he will have no option but to make some of these fights with promoters and networks he has refused to deal with. Also Mayweather promotions is not a viable company if it were he would be using them more for PBC events. All last year despite having like a 100 PBC events on all these networks used Mayweather promotions only like 2-3 times. I doubt he sends all his fighters to them they are a 3rd rate promotion company.
        Not really. He'll be in the same position he was before he started PBC, which was even then the most powerful man in boxing.

He loses minimum leverage because at the end of the day, he still has the most important asset in the sport: a portfolio of world class fighters and up-and-coming prospects without any long term promotional or network ties.

Haymon ain't going nowhere, whether PBC 'fails' or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
          I dont believe anything either of them say. MANY on here only believe Glazer when it benefits them and Kim is a tool who you can tell is biased and hurt they banned him.

I am rooting for it cause i think 1 umbrella is the best thing for this sport but what fighters get paid, how many views, PPV buys, cost of event, and so on and so on dont interest me but they have engulfed this sport and its "fans" and made it worse.

fights get announced and there is very little talk of the fight itself and more of the purses they are receiving.

I just want to watch the fights and see what some think of them but this place has become so horrible
          Well you should care because these outrageous purses has led Adrian broner to saying he wants five million to fight Garcia. It's set a bad precedent by overpaying for mismatches , now these guys want millions more for a competitive fight. Reign in the spending and stop spoiling these guys and we will get fights that are worth a damn. Make them earn their big pay days like guys did in the past. There's too many fanboys on here who think boxers are heroes and deserve millions just for existing. This is what has led to the current terrible state of boxing on all platforms.

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
            Well you should care because these outrageous purses has led Adrian broner to saying he wants five million to fight Garcia. It's set a bad precedent by overpaying for mismatches , now these guys want millions more for a competitive fight. Reign in the spending and stop spoiling these guys and we will get fights that are worth a damn. Make them earn their big pay days like guys did in the past. There's too many fanboys on here who think boxers are heroes and deserve millions just for existing. This is what has led to the current terrible state of boxing on all platforms.
            They get beat up for a living so give them what they want and if they get it then good for them but i dont see a dime of it so i dont care.

I watch the sport and am happy with that. Can care less if it has 1 view or buy

But do agree there are far to many fanboys...WAY TO MANY

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
              Not really. He'll be in the same position he was before he started PBC, which was even then the most powerful man in boxing.

He loses minimum leverage because at the end of the day, he still has the most important asset in the sport: a portfolio of world class fighters and up-and-coming prospects without any long term promotional or network ties.

Haymon ain't going nowhere, whether PBC 'fails' or not.
              You think after this fails he will have the same leverage over showtime as he had before? No more Mayweather he's retired. Golden Boy is not part of the equation and PBC just flopped. He now needs showtime more then they need him. I doubt they will continue paying large fighter purses. And how can showtime get him enough fight dates for all the additional fighters he just paid to sign over the last year? He looses a great deal of power and might have to release a significant amount of his fighters. And we haven't even talked about the ramifications of the 2 huge lawsuits by Golden Boy and Top Rank. Those don't simply go away because PBC fails. And sure he has a large stable but no stars. And the only way they can become stars is by fighting the stars from other rival promoters/networks. He was hoping that by overpaying guys with PBC he would be able to lure those guys to coming to him. Now his guys will have to go to them. He will still be a powerful figure in boxing but if this goes bad his position and leverage in Boxing take a significant hit.
              Last edited by bigdunny1; 02-12-2016, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• Obviously don't know the #s just guessing

But I have a tough time believing that PBC ran through 450 million in 10 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  You think after this fails he will have the same leverage over showtime as he had before? No more Mayweather he's retired. Golden Boy is not part of the equation and PBC just flopped. He now needs showtime more then they need him. I doubt they will continue paying large fighter purses. And how can showtime get him enough fight dates for all the additional fighters he just paid to sign over the last year? He looses a great deal of power and might have to release a significant amount of his fighters. And we haven't even talked about the ramifications of the 2 huge lawsuits by Golden Boy and Top Rank. Those don't simply go away because PBC fails. And sure he has a large stable but no stars. And the only way they can become stars is by fighting the stars from other rival promoters/networks. He was hoping that by overpaying guys with PBC he would be able to lure those guys to coming to him. Now his guys will have to go to them. He wills till be a powerful figure in boxing but if this goes bad his position and leverage in Boxing take a significant hit.
                  Take a look at Showtime's non-Haymon related fight schedule and let me know if you still hold that position.

Haymon ain't going nowhere. He still has the ability to provide the best (and most) 'content' in the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    They get beat up for a living so give them what they want and if they get it then good for them but i dont see a dime of it so i dont care.

I watch the sport and am happy with that. Can care less if it has 1 view or buy

But do agree there are far to many fanboys...WAY TO MANY
                    So, what do firemen deserve then for running into a burning building? Or sticking to boxing, what did Salka or Zerafa deserve for getting beat the **** up in a mismatch? Your argument makes no sense. Shouldn't the guys being sacrificed in these beats be getting more according to your logic? Paying them whatever they want is beyond ridiculous. Boxing doesn't exist in vacuum. It's not a self-sustaining economy. Overpaying guys has been very detrimental and led to overpaying on every platform. Now it's impossible to make decent fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                      So, what do firemen deserve then for running into a burning building? Or sticking to boxing, what did Salka or Zerafa deserve for getting beat the **** up in a mismatch? Your argument makes no sense. Shouldn't the guys being sacrificed in these beats be getting more according to your logic? Paying them whatever they want is beyond ridiculous. Boxing doesn't exist in vacuum. It's not a self-sustaining economy. Overpaying guys has been very detrimental and led to overpaying on every platform. Now it's impossible to make decent fights.
                      "so give them what they want and if they get it then good for them"

If they get it....

I dont decide that and am happy to not have to and just be a fan. I get to drink and root for the fighters and not worry if it made money or not

Comment

Working...
                      X