Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debunking the PBC fighters can't fight on HBO Theory Myth and GGG's HBO contract

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rath View Post
    What exactly is PBC?

1. Are they a network like HBO or SHOWTIME?

2. Are they a promotional company like TR or GBP?

3. Are they another boxing organization like WBC or WBA?
    It is a reality/TV series for combat sports...... technically.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rath View Post
      and haymon, what was he thinking?

oh yeah, what will benefits the sports, silly me
      Can you prove that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
        HBO specifically asked Duva to contact a Haymon fighter (i.e. Beterbiev) to do business for a fight with Kovalev on HBO.
        Yes but I think we all knew that fight wasn't going to happen, given that Duva had just pulled out of a purse bid with another Haymon client.

If Haymon had done the same thing, NSB would've called it a smokescreen to make it look good.

Comment

I'm glad you asked that JQ.

I think we as fans are very powerful. Whether you know it or agree or not, but HBO, PBC, promoters, commentators, writers, etc all read these forums. They especially read the boxingscene threads to get a climate check on what the fans are wanting.

If the fans want PBC and HBO to do business of course the networks and promoters will start negotiating more because it's more $$$.

No one can deny that when there's no Cold Wars, boxing as a whole profits.
          I really wish this was the case. I for one think the real fans have always wanted them to work out their differences. Only a few trolls and bigots on NSB want status quo.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            "I don't think anything changes," he said. "Our strategy has been consistent. We want to invest in fighters, promoters and managers that see a long-term future with HBO and who we can comfortably put our money and our platform behind to build them into the stars they deserve to be. As long as those business objectives are met, we'll buy fights from anybody.

so basically the lamest terms.... HBO ride or dont get any fights.

So we will not be seeing Al Haymon fighters because HBO is thinking about HBO instead of the benefit of the sport......

So why are people only mad at Haymon?
            I remember when you got excited when a guy signed an HBO (or a SHO) deal because it expanded opportunities for fighters. The chance to be on HBO would get guys in the ring.

Now an HBO deal means you fight only HBO guys or opponents that do not have a chance to win. A SHO deal now means you will only do business with fighters associated with Haymon.

Getting rid of exclusive network deals would be a good thing.

Comment

• These are all speculations, at the end of the day. In reality fights happen because BOTH fighters want it regardless of anything. Jean Pascal, for example, is rematching Kovalev because he's got huge balls. Chickenson doesn't.

Bottom line is why not try? It's useless talking about promotional issues when you don't even try.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                I see. Well, I applaud your desire for fair and unbiased reporting - I think we'd all like to know every detail of the ins and outs of the Haymon - HBO beef, though I can promise you it wouldn't stop the arguments on NSB or other internet forums. Is it not enough to know there is a conflict of business interests and there are two sides to it? You're inclined to blame GGGs lack of top opposition on the man's team - Loeffler and K2 and then come up with speculative reasons why that would be the case (i.e he's being protected). Others view the same set of information in a different light. Get over it.

Problem is in your very first sentence you already confirm that you consider one version of events to be lies - it short you already have a predisposition to believe certain evidence and dismiss that which doesn't support your beliefs. Don't worry, we all do it - it's simply part of the way the human mind works, but it's a bit tough to pull off the 'fair and unbiased' stance when you announce your prejudice as an opening statement.

BOOM. end thread/

Comment

• Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                  These are all speculations, at the end of the day. In reality fights happen because BOTH fighters want it regardless of anything. Jean Pascal, for example, is rematching Kovalev because he's got huge balls. Chickenson doesn't.

Bottom line is why not try? It's useless talking about promotional issues when you don't even try.
                  That isn't why Pascal and Kov are rematching. It's because Kov needs a fight to fulfill his deal, HBO doesn't want to risk him losing before Ward, and Pascal puts asses in seats in Montreal whereas Kov doesn't have a homebase of support.

Pascal is taking a payday and a title that many fans he really doesn't deserve given his last fight, which the majority felt he lost.

Comment

I'm glad you asked that JQ.

I think we as fans are very powerful
                    . Whether you know it or agree or not, but HBO, PBC, promoters, commentators, writers, etc all read these forums. They especially read the boxingscene threads to get a climate check on what the fans are wanting.

If the fans want PBC and HBO to do business of course the networks and promoters will start negotiating more because it's more $$$.

No one can deny that when there's no Cold Wars, boxing as a whole profits.
                    Wow, are you really this naive????

Sorry to bust your bubble, but the "powers that be" dont care one single iota what you, me, or anyone else on this forum think. They know we are die hards who no matter how much we complain, we're going to hold our noses and watch anyways. We cant help ourselves. No, what they care about is trying to reach the casuals. THAT is where the REAL money is at.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      I remember when you got excited when a guy signed an HBO (or a SHO) deal because it expanded opportunities for fighters. The chance to be on HBO would get guys in the ring.

Now an HBO deal means you fight only HBO guys or opponents that do not have a chance to win. A SHO deal now means you will only do business with fighters associated with Haymon.

Getting rid of exclusive network deals would be a good thing.
                      I agree mang! It's just stupid how they are just blaming one side, but those same ones blaming that one side also say that Haymon protects his fighters & other excuses as such..... but HBO only fights in house fights... aren't they protecting their fighters as well?

Its just stupid if they are so confident in GGG they would let him fight anyone, anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X