Amir Khan absolutely rips Kell Brook.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Remember Khan's "winner take all"?
    Khan made an offer, and Eddie Hearn declined on Brooks behalf.

£2.5 million is some serious cosh, life changing money, where else is Brook going to earn this?

Kell is ****** to turn such a generous offer down, if he beat Khan, they could have a rematch and he'd get even more.

Also by beating Khan, it will raise Brooks star power, which would mean bigger purses in the future.

Brooks ego and Hearns greed make for a bad mix

Comment

Brook is the only champion at 147 that has fought all his mandatory...

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        So there we have it, as Khan says correctly and as everyone by now knows, Brook has fought a succession of low level fighters and his time as a champion has been only worthy of ridicule as a result. He has ducked multiple fighters, often getting cold feet and pulling out of fights after contracts have been signed like with Chaves and with Alexander twice in a row. He's even gone so far as to pull out of initial negotiations due to the same inherent fears with Rios and Bradley, plus he openly stated that he didn't want to face Thurman. So there we have it.
        I'd rather think that Brook and Hearn were constantly after a Khan fight at some point -- because of the big money involved. They constantly avoided other 'big' fights just hoping that they will lure Khan for a Wembley fight. But maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
          Brook is the only champion at 147 that has fought all his mandatory...
          Now as Floyd retired, The Ring is ranking Brook at #1 in the 147 division...

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
            Khan made an offer, and Eddie Hearn declined on Brooks behalf.

£2.5 million is some serious cosh, life changing money, where else is Brook going to earn this?

Kell is ****** to turn such a generous offer down, if he beat Khan, they could have a rematch and he'd get even more.

Also by beating Khan, it will raise Brooks star power, which would mean bigger purses in the future.

Brooks ego and Hearns greed make for a bad mix
            If this is a 12.5 million fight, Khan doesnt take 10m simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              Now as Floyd retired, The Ring is ranking Brook at #1 in the 147 division...
              147 right now doesn't really have a #1 , but I see Brook beating all the current champions at 147, Thurman (WBA) , Bradley (WBO), Avanesyan (WBA) , Garcia (WBC) because he got good sizes

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                I'd rather think that Brook and Hearn were constantly after a Khan fight at some point -- because of the big money involved. They constantly avoided other 'big' fights just hoping that they will lure Khan for a Wembley fight. But maybe I'm wrong.
                Brook avoided Alexander twice in a row, before Porter vs Alexander happened. Porter's style was much more suited to Brook than Alexander's was, that's why he didn't pull out of the Porter fight, he knew that Julio Diaz had basically already shown the blueprint how to beat him. My point being that Brook has been avoiding fighters for a long time, well before Khan was in the 147 division and even a viable match up for Brook. There's a reason why he has only one decent opponent in 35 fights, he has made a career of avoiding the tough fights. His record speaks for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                  147 right now doesn't really have a #1 , but I see Brook beating all the current champions at 147, Thurman (WBA) , Bradley (WBO), Avanesyan (WBA) , Garcia (WBC) because he got good sizes
                  I don't like Brook's style too much, but I think The Ring is right to rank him at #1. I also think that he could win against all those you have mention above. And, for the sake of entertainment, I hope he stays at 147 for a while...

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                    Brook avoided Alexander twice in a row, before Porter vs Alexander happened. Porter's style was much more suited to Brook than Alexander's was, that's why he didn't pull out of the Porter fight, he knew that Julio Diaz had basically already shown the blueprint how to beat him. My point being that Brook has been avoiding fighters for a long time, well before Khan was in the 147 division and even a viable match up for Brook. There's a reason why he has only one decent opponent in 35 fights, he has made a career of avoiding the tough fights. His record speaks for itself.
                    I can't disagree with what you've said... But the guy looks strong at 147, even if (sometimes) I don't like his style. I also think that Hearn is the one responsible with his 'ducks' so far...

Comment

Khan talks (tweets) all this stuff when he himself just ducked Bradley last year, just fought Algieri, a guy that people thought was a complete mismatch heading in but ended up making him look foolish.

Never, ever seen guy so lost in delusion and oblivious to his own faults.

Comment

Working...
                      X