Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Claims IBF Conspiracy To Keep Title in United States

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    no need to mention Wilder, he didn't fight for a vacant title

Briggs won the WBO.....I don't even pay attention to there belt in regards to heavyweights...it means little to nothing there, not like the lightweight classes that have a lot more talented fighters

but yea, technically you are correct

I just think we'd have had more American titleholders since the 90s if the orgasnizations wanted an American to have the belts is all im saying
    I mean Wilder beat a guy who won a vacant title against Chris Arreola (twice). Which is almost as bad.

I don't really pay attention to the name on the belts, theres only one champion at Heavyweight and it's Fury. Wilder-Povetkin is for that next best challenger spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
      I mean Wilder beat a guy who won a vacant title against Chris Arreola (twice). Which is almost as bad.

I don't really pay attention to the name on the belts, theres only one champion at Heavyweight and it's Fury. Wilder-Povetkin is for that next best challenger spot.
      Wilder will take the IBF strap from Martin now, rather than fighting Povetkin.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
        You know when you should worry about your mental state? As soon as you think you're the victim of a conspiracy.
        Screw Fury. He sucks. All he is is WWE crap. Dude psyched out Wladmir and Wlad got old too. I actually think Fury the 3rd best heavyweight in Britain. Think Haye wastes him ,if Cunningham had him down and hurt as well as Joshua who will be good soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          Would it be better to refer to Fury as 'Heavyweight champion' rather than 'WBA/WBO/IBO champion'? He is the real heavyweight champion, not just one endorsed by the alphabet franchises.
          so he has three alphabet titles, so what. When they hell are you cry baby types going to compare the history of the four major belts? All you want to do is cry about how many Fury has and how few anyone else has. As if that changes the fact that the WBC has historically backed the world champ that would go on to unify the titles.

The WBC backed Ali when the WBA separated and it was Ali who unified. The WBC backed Tyson when the IBF separated and it was Tyson who unified. The WBC backed Lennox after the WBO separated and it was Lennox who unified. The IBF, WBA, and WBO have historically been little other than placeholders until the WBC champion unifies the belts. Who has the meaningless alphabet titles?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            Would it be better to refer to Fury as 'Heavyweight champion' rather than 'WBA/WBO/IBO champion'? He is the real heavyweight champion, not just one endorsed by the alphabet franchises.
            For sure. He is the man who beat the man. Fury is THE heavyweight champ. Period.

Comment

What conspiracy? Did the IBF force Fury to have a rematch with Klitschko instead of fulfilling his mandatory against Glazkov? And is Glazkov an American?

Comment

There hasn't been an undisputed heavyweight champ since Lennox Lewis.

Wlad did well, but he never owned all of the belts, and he might have fucked up that opportunity. Even if he wins the rematch, he now has to fight multiple battles to get IBF & WBC, and he might be too old to handle that challenge.

Until one man finally captures all of the belts, there is no true champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                  so he has three alphabet titles, so what. When they hell are you cry baby types going to compare the history of the four major belts? All you want to do is cry about how many Fury has and how few anyone else has. As if that changes the fact that the WBC has historically backed the world champ that would go on to unify the titles.

The WBC backed Ali when the WBA separated and it was Ali who unified. The WBC backed Tyson when the IBF separated and it was Tyson who unified. The WBC backed Lennox after the WBO separated and it was Lennox who unified. The IBF, WBA, and WBO have historically been little other than placeholders until the WBC champion unifies the belts. Who has the meaningless alphabet titles?

Good luck with your turd-polishing contest.

Ridiculous.

So, Canelo is the best middleweight on the planet, right ?

They have ALL been making asinine decisions for DECADES, and some have been convicted of bribery and corruption.

The WBC have been accused of corruption for DECADES and have been involved in some major controversies, especially concerning Don King.

* NOBODY thought that Wilder was the best heavyweight on the planet, and even now that Klitschko has been dethroned the jury is still out

* NOBODY thinks that Stevenson is the best LHW on the planet

* NOBODY thinks that Badou Jack is the best SMW on the planet

* NOBODY thinks that Canelo is the best middleweight on the planet

* NOBODY thinks that GRJ is the best featherweight on the planet

* NOBODY thinks that Ceja is the best SBW on the planet

* It is UNLIKELY that Postol is the best JWW on the planet

I'm sure I have forgotten some.

Comment

From the other thread.....

From the other thread.....

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    Can someone who knows how, please create a poll for me.....

Who is the stupidest boxing organisation for 2015..... ?

1) The WBC - for refusing to rank/mandate Wladimir Klitschko, despite the fact that he has been the best heavyweight on the planet for ABOUT A DECADE, simply because he was the WBA champ..... and yet ranking AND mandating the WBA middleweight champ Gennady Golovkin

2) The IBF - for stripping Fury, with the result being that their new champion, and so-called baddest man on the planet..... is Charles fkn Martin

3) The Ring Magazine - for crowning a new middleweight champion despite the fact that the fighter.....
                    a) has never fought AT middleweight
                    b) has never fought A middleweight opponent
                    c) recently said this..... " I have no interest in middleweight "

4) The WBA - for thinking that when it comes to champions, more is better

5) The WBO - just for being the ****s that they are

To me, it's a toss-up, no idea.

Comment

Zero Conspiracy , The IBF call for Glazkov vs Klitschko , Glazkov got his step aside money from Klischko , Fury job was to fight him next

Comment

Working...
                      X