Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Claims IBF Conspiracy To Keep Title in United States

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original zero View Post
    Fury was WBO & WBA mandatory and guaranteed a title shot with or without a rematch clause. You can't force a rematch clause on a mandatory. It's against the rules and it's against the law.

If Wlad didn't give Fury the title shot, Wlad would have been stripped by the WBO & WBA.
    But from what I read Wlad insisted on a rematch with Fury, or no fight. Either you're misinformed or Fury is. I can't believe his people would miss that. But then, there would be a lot more money for Fury/Wlad II than the alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
      But from what I read Wlad insisted on a rematch with Fury, or no fight. Either you're misinformed or Fury is. I can't believe his people would miss that. But then, there would be a lot more money for Fury/Wlad II than the alternative.
      Please show me where Klitschko said he would vacate two of his world championships to avoid fighting Fury unless Fury agreed to a rematch clause.

You won't be able to.

Fury *voluntarily* agreed to the rematch clause because he was paid a lot of money to do so.

You can't force a rematch on a mandatory, but you can offered them money to voluntarily agree to one, which is what happened in this instance.

Comment

Working...
      X