Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Claims IBF Conspiracy To Keep Title in United States

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been on the fury warwagon since deontay started shouting bombsquad about a week and a half ago.

i buy it. these alphabet organizations are unexplainably shady. it's a laugh to think that they even exist. yet here we are, talking about them.

Comment

Fury should sue them.They give Martin a year which is the rule for every belt. Bum squad doesn't even have to fight a mando.

Comment

I can see it now.

Wilder vs Martin unification

American tv networks

"an AMERICAN is going to unify the heavyweight division"

very clever wordplay to make a farce something it's not

it's a shame to see what American boxing has stooped to, i mean this was the home of the sport for many years and produced most of the best fighters of all time, Tyson,Ali, Foreman, Holyfield and many more true warriors.

Now all you got is Wilder and Martin and you cling to them like they are something they aren't

stop dick riding based on nationality and just accept that those guys aren't very good, but maybe in the net generation will be the next tyson or ali, one day it'll happen but these guys are chumps.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-hickey View Post
          I can see it now.

Wilder vs Martin unification

American tv networks

"an AMERICAN is going to unify the heavyweight division"

very clever wordplay to make a farce something it's not

it's a shame to see what American boxing has stooped to, i mean this was the home of the sport for many years and produced most of the best fighters of all time, Tyson,Ali, Foreman, Holyfield and many more true warriors.

Now all you got is Wilder and Martin and you cling to them like they are something they aren't

stop dick riding based on nationality and just accept that those guys aren't very good, but maybe in the net generation will be the next tyson or ali, one day it'll happen but these guys are chumps.
          Very true, everytime Wilder fights, Marciano and Louise are rolling over in their graves. BUM SQAD !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            From the other thread.....
            Here ya go

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=700029

Comment

Well that makes almost no sense considering IBF did all they could to hand it to Glazkov on a silver platter. Funny Fury cinsiders himself the "linear" champion. I dont remember any Klitchko beapting Lewis
              Last edited by Lou Cipher; 01-22-2016, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                Wilder will take the IBF strap from Martin now, rather than fighting Povetkin.
                He may try, but Martin seems to at least have boxing fundamentals figured out, even if he is fairly slow.

---------------------------------------------------

As for the IBF question, it seems fairly blatant to me IBF at least has SOME ulterior motive for stripping Fury in 2 freaking weeks, then allowing Martin a freaking year to defend. Would be interesting if someone could really get to the bottom of it.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  He may try, but Martin seems to at least have boxing fundamentals figured out, even if he is fairly slow.

---------------------------------------------------

As for the IBF question, it seems fairly blatant to me IBF at least has SOME ulterior motive for stripping Fury in 2 freaking weeks, then allowing Martin a freaking year to defend. Would be interesting if someone could really get to the bottom of it.
                  I suspect that somehow Duva and Haymon 'teamed up' in this one... We'll find out soon if I was right.

Comment

I tend to agree with Fury that the IBF's primary intention was to keep the belt in the US. I wouldn't be surprised if Glazkov took a dive either, especially considering how quickly he left the venue on his own strength, without even using a stretcher or taking the proper precautions in accordance with a possible injury. It just seemed really strange and suspect.
                    Consider that Glazkov was never going to be world title material, basically got to the title bout through seriously suspicious, controversial decisions wherein he probably deserved to lose against lesser competition, only to lose his title shot against a relatively unknown and untested, yet undefeated American heavyweight in strange circumstances.
                    It all seems a little bit fishy to me. I wouldn't be surprised if Glazkov knew he didn't have much of a chance to legitimately win a world title and was given the option of either losing against Cunningham and Rossy and never getting a shot at the title or being given gift decisions so that he could cash out with a world title match up against a American fighter that was chosen by the IBF in an effort to produce the second of two Heavyweight title holders in Martin and Wilder who are, by most reasonable accounts, not real champions since they fought for vacant titles and thereof never actually beat a champion to get their titles. I may be way off track here but it just seems to make perfect sense given the desire by US promoters and and boxing commissions such as the WBC and IBF to renew interest in boxing in the US by having not one, but two American heavyweight world title holders.

Comment

I'm not sure about it favouring Americans but there's some serious BS going down with the IBF.

It's pretty inexplicable stripping the real champion who's rematching the toughest challenge in the division to let two sub top 10 guys fight for it and then give the winner a year to make a mandatory.

Now the vultures are circling the weak 'champ' all wanting to get their hands on him before he loses the belt to someone tougher.

Wilder could end up with 2 belts having only fought 1 legit(ish) opponent and dodging Povetkin even longer... It's shocking.

Comment

Working...
                      X