No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charles Martin Will Have One Year To Make IBF Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    Martin's a joke of a champ. There's no chance Haymon will let him go anywhere near a live body for at least 3 years. The IBF mando is gonna be some 15th rated contender.

That's not true.

Martin is gonna make 1 defense before being sacrificed.

He is gonna be fed to wilder in a unification fight after wilder vs Povetkin if wilder wins.

which will then set up wilder vs fury for all the belts at the beginning of 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
      He can do that , Deontay Wilder could avoid Alexander Povetkin to unify world heavyweight titles... Unification overrules Mandatory

This good for Martin now he can beatup guys like Artur Szpilka, Steve Cunningham, Derek Chisora, Chris Arreola, Eric Molina, Malik Scott, Fres Oquendo before he gets in there with a real challenger
      How do you figure all those guys are in the same bracket? Szpilka, Cunningham, Chisora and Scott would likely beat Martin. The guy looks absolutely awful.

Comment

This **** is suck a joke

Comment

This good for Martin now he can beatup guys like Artur Szpilka, Steve Cunningham, Derek Chisora, Chris Arreola, Eric Molina, Malik Scott, Fres Oquendo before he gets in there with a real challenger
          No way - they're all too dangerous!

Comment

He can do that , Deontay Wilder could avoid Alexander Povetkin to unify world heavyweight titles... Unification overrules Mandatory

By no means am I a Wilder diehard. But, I do consider myself a fan of his. That said, if he fought Martin over Provetkin, it would be lame as hell. I'm not a belt guy. But the heavyweight division is the only division where unification actually matters. But still, Provetkin is a mandated fight for Deontay. And, Provetkin is a helluva lot more touted in the division than Martin. So if he fought Martin instead, that would be a duck.

Comment

That is good for Martin and PBC because they will be able to put him on against average competition and perhaps build him up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                Strip the camp (Fury) and give it to Wilder -- so he doesn't have to fight Fury or Klitschko for the IBF strap. This is the Haymon fanboy logic.
                Except it was Kathy Duva who stripped the champ so that her guy Glazkov could fight for the IBF strap. Haymon had nothing to do with that.

But don't let facts get in the way of your rant.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Except it was Kathy Duva who stripped the champ so that her guy Glazkov could fight for the IBF strap. Haymon had nothing to do with that.

Glazkov or Martin, I don't care -- the strap was abusively taken and it ends at Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

When did facts ever matter to these dummies?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      Glazkov or Martin, I don't care -- the strap was abusively taken and it ends at Wilder.
                      Blame Duva. Her plan backfired on her but she was still the one who initiated it.

Comment

Working...
                      X