Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Next Fight: Tureano Johnson Injured and Ruled Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
    Come on bruh. Monroe is an ESPN fighter. Lara is a fringe P4P guy. That's like saying Adrien Broner is comparable to Floyd because he shoulder rolls. Its two completely different level of fighters.
    But Lara was just fighting on ESPN himself.

Let's be honest with Lara. He's had so many chances to be a top fighter, but is very questionable at times. I won't even count the Williams loss because he actually won that fight. But look at his fight against Molina - Draw. His fight against Vanes - Draw. His chance against Canelo - he blew it. Angulo - dropped twice, but good controversial win because of the supposed *thumb* to eye injury. Other than Austin Trout and Ronald Hearns, why does Lara continue to get this much hype?
    Last edited by Chollo Vista; 01-21-2016, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
      But Lara was just fighting on ESPN himself.

Let's be honest with Lara. He's had so many chances to be a top fighter, but is very questionable at times. I won't even count the Williams loss because he actually won that fight. But look at his fight against Molina - Draw. His fight against Vanes - Draw. His chance against Canelo - he blew it. Angulo - dropped twice, but good controversial win because of the supposed *thumb* to eye injury. Other than Austin Trout and Ronald Hearns, why does Lara continue to get this much hype?
      I still don't see how he "blew it" against Canelo. A lotta people thought he won the fight. And even if you didn't, there's no way a rational thinking, unbiased person could walk away from that one thinking Canelo was clearly the superior fighter.

And that's where the hypocrisy comes in. There's not a lotta separation between Canelo and Lara when it comes to ability and/or accomplishment. Yet the GGG diehards consider Canelo a must fight and pretty much totally opposed to a Lara fight. I'm sorry, but that makes absolutely ZERO sense.

Comment

• It might be a good fight, but I want to see Korobov beat someone decent first. He wasn't that impressive last week against a low-level fighter.

Comment

I still don't see how he "blew it" against Canelo. A lotta people thought he won the fight. And even if you didn't, there's no way a rational thinking, unbiased person could walk away from that one thinking Canelo was clearly the superior fighter.

And that's where the hypocrisy comes in. There's not a lotta separation between Canelo and Lara when it comes to ability and/or accomplishment. Yet the GGG diehards consider Canelo a must fight and pretty much totally opposed to a Lara fight. I'm sorry, but that makes absolutely ZERO sense.
          The Lara-Canelo fight was more of a let down for me. Lara disrespectfully stormed Canelo's press conference begging for a fight/opportunity with Canelo. Even before the Canelo fight, Lara has always been known as a high risk - Low reward fighter.

Canelo gave Lara SO MANY opportunities on boxing's biggest stage to not only win the fight, but KO Canelo like he promised so many times on Social media, in interviews, etc (ironically how he's doing w/ GGG now) and what did Lara do?? He ran. He literally ran away and refused to engage whatsoever. Here he is on PPV on boxing's biggest stage and biggest opportunity to take what he's asked for for so long and he out right blew it. Then he wanted to claim robbery like he always does. Well, had he fought like he said he would, that wouldn't even be a topic. He lost my support right then and there.

That's why I say he had an opportunity and blew it.
          Last edited by Chollo Vista; 01-21-2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post

It might be a good fight, but I want to see Korobov beat someone decent first. He wasn't that impressive last week against a low-level fighter.
            Damn, they won't even consider Danny. Won't even mention his name. If negotiations fail, so be it, but at least try. But they act like the #2 MW doesn't exist.

BTW, I've never been impressed with Korobov.

Comment

I still don't see how he "blew it" against Canelo.
              By not letting his hands go enough, although Canelo's body attack might have had something to do with that. I think in a fight like that, you got to realize it's close and not assume you're winning and coast for 2 out of 3 minutes in a round, fight with more aggression to win.

That's a fight I bet money on Lara to win, was absolutely pulling for him and I thought he lost a close fight. I remember thinking to myself if only he'd have thrown more he could have won a round or two more, providing him with a victory. But instead, too often he would land a beautiful one two and rather than following up he'd kind of admire his work, back off and literally not throw another punch for an entire minute, while Canelo is applying pressure, doing good body work and/or simply throwing punches which judges typically favor. IMHO he absolutely threw the fight away because of his cautious nature. You don't get too many opportunities like that in a career if you're a guy like Lara (or Rigondeaux or insert any good defensive fighter that doesn't speak English and/or lacks personality as far as American public goes).

Comment

It might be a good fight, but I want to see Korobov beat someone decent first. He wasn't that impressive last week against a low-level fighter.
                Korobov sucks. I don't think he should even be a consideration. I'd rather see some random up & comer with some upside than Korobov. I seriously doubt he's anything more than a consideration though and can't see them giving him the fight.

Comment

Damn, they won't even consider Danny. Won't even mention his name. If negotiations fail, so be it, but at least try. But they act like the #2 MW doesn't exist.

BTW, I've never been impressed with Korobov.
                  Still bitter about Korobov putting Danny on his ass and beating him?

Comment

The Lara-Canelo fight was more of a let down for me. Lara disrespectfully stormed Canelo's press conference begging for a fight/opportunity with Canelo. Even before the Canelo fight, Lara has always been known as a high risk - Low reward fighter.

Canelo gave Lara SO MANY opportunities on boxing's biggest stage to not only win the fight, but KO Canelo like he promised so many times on Social media, in interviews, etc (ironically how he's doing w/ GGG now) and what did Lara do?? He ran. He literally ran away and refused to engage whatsoever. Here he is on PPV on boxing's biggest stage and biggest opportunity to take what he's asked for for so long and he out right blew it. Then he wanted to claim robbery like he always does. Well, had he fought like he said he would, that wouldn't even be a topic. He lost my support right then and there.

That's why I say he had an opportunity and blew it.
                    You can't eliminate a guy just because he doesn't fight in a manner deemed acceptable or entertaining to you. Lara is a boxer. That's his gift. This is boxing. Not some youtube street fight. There are many different styles of boxing. You also need to learn to seperate the prefight WWE hype nonsense from the actual boxing match. Lara is just like any other fighter. He fights the fight that gives him the best chance to win. Asking him to not box and move is like asking GGG not to throw body punches.

Comment

Still bitter about Korobov putting Danny on his ass and beating him?

I've never seen the fight or even knew they fought previously. I'll have to circle back around and watch it.

But come on man, that's the amateurs. Jerrod Fletcher beat Adonis Stevenson and James DeGale in the amateurs; Jacob's stopped Fletcher in 5 rounds in the pros.

How do you think Fletcher matches up against Stevenson and DeGale today even though he beat them in the AM's?

Comment

Working...
                      X