Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Ref F'd Up In The Martin vs Glazkov?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the Ref F'd Up In The Martin vs Glazkov?

Glazkov went down from a injury before the 4th round and he beat the count and technically the kd wasnt from a punch

the ref counted and Glazkov beat the count shouldent the ref had then take Glazkov to the doc to see if he can continue (doc ruled he had a torn acl)

think about it, first KD was a slip and second KD wasnt caused by a punch. so it was basically a injury and that is a No Contest before the 4th round.

The way I understand it is if you can't continue due to injury you lose by TKO. If the injury is caused by a foul it's a no contest.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
      The way I understand it is if you can't continue due to injury you lose by TKO. If the injury is caused by a foul it's a no contest.
      Aye, sounds right

Comment

Wouldn't it be a DQ if a fighter cant continue as result of a foul?

NC if its stopped before the fifth round, yeah? AFter that you score what ya got?

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          Wouldn't it be a DQ if a fighter cant continue as result of a foul?

NC if its stopped before the fifth round, yay? AFter that you score what ya got?
          Hopkins/Dawson 1 was a no contest.

Comment

It seemed to me the ref asked him if he wanted to continue, and he shook his head no

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR ROSADO! View Post
              Glazkov went down from a injury before the 4th round and he beat the count and technically the kd wasnt from a punch

the ref counted and Glazkov beat the count shouldent the ref had then take Glazkov to the doc to see if he can continue (doc ruled he had a torn acl)

think about it, first KD was a slip and second KD wasnt caused by a punch. so it was basically a injury and that is a No Contest before the 4th round.
              PBC/Haymon has two HW champs

Comment

Hopkins/Dawson 1 was a no contest.
                The referee didn't call it a foul (you can hear him say as much) and he called it a TKO in Dawson's favour. It was then changed to a No Contest; I don't think they would have been able to change it to a win for Bernard, even if they viewed the incident as a foul after the fight.

If a fight stops because of a foul, I think the perpetrator would be disqualified. A no contest would result from an accident stopping the fight before the end of the 4th round.

Comment

Seems to be a case by case basis. Whoever has the must money makes the rules up. Hopkins vs Dawson no contest because Hopkins was with GBP. Martin vs Glazvok most likely stays a no contest because Martin is with Haymon.

Comment

Yep. This is also the same thing that was discussed with the Jacobs-Mora fight when Mora got injured coincidentally with a grazing punch being part of the question.

Comment

Working...
                    X