Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope. It's a ton more interesting now.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Yes, I was being sarcastic - Wilder will face Povetkin next and he'll put a serious woopin on him. Deontay is getting better and better in each successive fight and is rightfully one of the top 3 heavies
      Do you honestly think he's looking better and better? To me it looks like he's getting progressively worse.

His boxing skills were really found out tonight imo. I had him behind on the cards, as did many others.

He looks worse now than he did against Stiverne a year back I think.

Comment

People love the drop in skill though. The same reason they worship those 70s fights where ducking your head down and windmilling til someone fell over was considered the epitome of fighting.

Wlads crisp style where he waited for that KO shot is the "anti-casual", even moreso than the pitty patters and runners, I'd say.

Interest in the division will increase with fights like we saw tonight being on TV. They were always happening but for a while we ceased to televise them.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony JoshWAR View Post
          Let's be honest, if Martin had been the one injured it would have been a No-Contest/No-Decision with an immediate rematch.

If we are really honest it just does not matter...too much alphabet in the soup spoils the broth...Charlie Z is on to something, just dip a bum on world star, make yourself a belt and call yourself the people's champ.

Neither Martin, the Ukranian, nor the Polish gentleman will be fighting for the real undisputed title that really matters, whether their knees give out, or not.

We need a tourney, like the middle weights did, and the best will emerge, then we can tell all these sycophants, including the British Boxing Board and all these other alphabet titles, as far as I am concerned, to go fvk themselves.

Comment

Nope......

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              Yes, I was being sarcastic - Wilder will face Povetkin next and he'll put a serious woopin on him. Deontay is getting better and better in each successive fight and is rightfully one of the top 3 heavies

Funny guy we got here. Just enjoy Wilder's fights. Don't expect greatness. Expect entertainment.

Comment

No, thanks. Not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Courage Award View Post
                  People love the drop in skill though. The same reason they worship those 70s fights where ducking your head down and windmilling til someone fell over was considered the epitome of fighting.

Wlads crisp style where he waited for that KO shot is the "anti-casual", even moreso than the pitty patters and runners, I'd say.

Interest in the division will increase with fights like we saw tonight being on TV. They were always happening but for a while we ceased to televise them.
                  "Wlad's crisp style"?

Oh fk me!!!! Bahahahahahahahahahah!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Do you honestly think he's looking better and better? To me it looks like he's getting progressively worse.

His boxing skills were really found out tonight imo. I had him behind on the cards, as did many others.

He looks worse now than he did against Stiverne a year back I think.
                    It's hard to look good against a cagey southpaw like Spzilka. Wilder doesn't have any real experience against southpaws, so I think last night was a good learning experience. Wilder is still very much a work-in-process but he's becoming more comfortable and more seasoned in every successive fight. Wilder does a lot of things that are very unorthodox but despite those 'flaws' he's developing a decent style, the speed and accuracy of his punches are more evident, his defense is adequate and his conditioning is impeccable.

So, yes, I think he's becoming a better fighter. I don't think he's the number one fighter of the division at the moment but if he keeps winning his fights convincingly (as he did last night) there's no reason to think why he cannot be.

Comment

I agree. Another Wlad vs. Povetkin is exactly what the heavyweight division needs right now. A masterful performance by Wlad.

Comment

Working...
                      X