No announcement yet.

The heavyweight division is becoming a FARCE, we need Wlad back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    It's hard to look good against a cagey southpaw like Spzilka. Wilder doesn't have any real experience against southpaws, so I think last night was a good learning experience. Wilder is still very much a work-in-process but he's becoming more comfortable and more seasoned in every successive fight. Wilder does a lot of things that are very unorthodox but despite those 'flaws' he's developing a decent style, the speed and accuracy of his punches are more evident, his defense is adequate and his conditioning is impeccable.

So, yes, I think he's becoming a better fighter. I don't think he's the number one fighter of the division at the moment but if he keeps winning his fights convincingly (as he did last night) there's no reason to think why he cannot be.
    I agree with that, but I wasn't impressed with him vs Molina and Duhaupas either. He wasn't the super destructive force we've seen earlier. But it might have been down to that right hand injury as well.

His footwork and positioning need some work, but he's a good fighter. A little stiff for my taste, but a good fighter with fight ending power for 12 rounds.

I think he needs to step up his competition a lot. But if he deals with Povetkin in impressive fashion and Fury deals with Klitschko again I'd have him #2 behind Fury.

Comment

Working...
    X