Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virgil Hunter touches up on Floyd Mayweather's recent interviews regarding racism...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
    you know what I said so stop acting like an English teacher. fact is 75% of black kids have no father means daddy aint paying. want me to say it again??
    Because I can speak the language you apparently have a difficult time constructing? So I should disregard your lack of education and focus on the fun "fact" you just cited? I wonder what you have that poses for credibility that I can rely on since you can't write in the English language? Instead of citing one stat for what I can only guess are for idiotic purposes look at all the stats surrounding black men, once you do that, it would become less likely you'd be assh0le enough to come to this site throwing out numbers as if you're attacking someone.

The number you cited is a symptom of a larger problem. Thankfully smarter people than yourself are working on this....

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
      Because I can speak the language you apparently have a difficult time constructing? So I should disregard your lack of education and focus on the fun "fact" you just cited? I wonder what you have that poses for credibility that I can rely on since you can't write in the English language? Instead of citing one stat for what I can only guess are for idiotic purposes look at all the stats surrounding black men, once you do that, it would become less likely you'd be assh0le enough to come to this site throwing out numbers as if you're attacking someone.

The number you cited is a symptom of a larger problem. Thankfully smarter people than yourself are working on this....
      in a 1000 years problem will be the same being you "smart" people are in charge. it is your types that have destroyed the black family with your "intelligence". 60 years ago black families were way better off being hard working honest people.

Comment

This is an interesting read. Racism certainly exists. I won't bother debating with someone who feels otherwise. I believe that racism in boxing is a bigger issue in the media than anything else. There's always a search for the next "great white hope" so to speak, and white fighters seem to be darlings of media while black fighters are attached with a certain stigma. I'm sure there are issues on the business side, but I need to be more informed in order to comment in depth. Floyd has pretty much run boxing. You have plenty of black fighters who become champions and make good money. I do think it may be easier for a white fighter to get opportunities to challenge for a title and make money though. Virgil is a smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
          in a 1000 years problem will be the same being you "smart" people are in charge. it is your types that have destroyed the black family with your "intelligence". 60 years ago black families were way better off being hard working honest people.
          is that your newly purchased wife on your avatar????

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
            is that your newly purchased wife on your avatar????
            LOL there was a time where she would pay me

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
              Yep. In 1983. And he was right. In 1983.
              And when you here MTV's response - the initial denial, then defensiveness, and then the logic used to defend there programming choices (who is 'marketable', what will the 'Midwest' say, etc.) you'll quickly note how common that sort of thinking is: TODAY.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
                And when you here MTV's response - the initial denial, then defensiveness, and then the logic used to defend there programming choices (who is 'marketable', what will the 'Midwest' say, etc.) you'll quickly note how common that sort of thinking is: TODAY.

Precisely....he doesn't draw flies doe, he boring doe....yadda yadda yadda...the way you explained it, was exactly what happened on this forum since these threads have been made the last few weeks

the best should be paid, get the accolades and promoted....There is no reason why a fighter like Gatti got paid handsomely the way he did, while better fighters got paid less and no PPV

i.e.....Gatti getting PPV dates than fighters who were better is complete bullshyt to me...he was exciting doe

Look at fighters like Eddie Booker....no one knows who he is... 66-5-8 was his record and he actually beat elite fighters like Archie Moore, Holman Williams, Jack Chase, and Lloyd Marshall...he isn't even in the hall of fAME

I said it once and I'll say it again....the only people who deny the precensce of prejudice in the media and sports are the ones who benefit from it

Barry friggin McGuigan is in the hall of fame? for what....being a decent fighter and irish?? While guys like Gilberto Roman and many of the great Japanese fighters under 126 will never see the hall.....boxing is racist as ****

Comment

But why is that the black fighters that act like bafoons, Broner and Floyd, are way more popular IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY than Ward and Bradley?? I seldomly see African Americans talking about how great of a boxer Ward is. It's all about Floyd being unbeaten and having money, cars, jewelry. Never hear how much of a warrior Bradley is. I always hear about Broner tore up the club and was super lit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                    But why is that the black fighters that act like bafoons, Broner and Floyd, are way more popular IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY than Ward and Bradley?? I seldomly see African Americans talking about how great of a boxer Ward is. It's all about Floyd being unbeaten and having money, cars, jewelry. Never hear how much of a warrior Bradley is. I always hear about Broner tore up the club and was super lit.
                    lets be real...in America who runs the media and what we see on TV? White people.....In America the only history the teach is white American history and history of others told from a white persons perspective......Its crazy....words like savages to describe the natives(who taught their dumb azz how to irrigate, raise crops, hunt, herbs, spices, etc.).....when Katrina happened they called American citizens refugees( Louisiana, Texas, and Miss. have some of the highest % of non whites in their population...I doubt that would have happened if a natural disaster hit Utah or Idaho where the demographic is 70 % white

How many major networks or media outlets are run by people of color?

Floyd's misdeeds get publicity, but speaking on his charitable work and things he does for Vegas and other places isn't gonna be on ESPN or TMZ

Ward and Bradley not doing or saying controversial things is exactly why they don't get a lot of shine

Roy Jones was the fighter of the 90s, his life didn't have a lot of drama.....he promoted himself and had sponsorship from Jordan, all the while being bashed by HBO, a company who broadcast his fights...didn't get near the pats on the backs on the likes of GGG but definitely was a better fighter....Jones wasn't boring and had a good fan base, the media just didn't take to him because he didn't show his azz

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                      Dude are you serious? All of the characteristics you just listed are attributes white men show with impunity but somehow going to a strip club is now an ethnic stereotype along with materialism, egomania and arrogance? Simple human male behavior is an ethnic stereotype of the African American community? Mayweather's persona was not that of a "buffoon" as you call him, it was a persona meant to denote luxury, even excess but buffoonery, I think is a word you dreamed up all by yourself to describe Floyd's antics.

Lastly, no, black women are not laughing at black men, that's ****ing moronic. Black women are doing everything in their power to support their men and are astonished that they can't find more of them to date and marry. I've been in rooms filled with black women numerous times, with them speaking their minds freely about black men and none of the nonsense you listed comes up, ever. Not even a hint....
                      You might have missed several points.

1) This is strictly anecdotal, as I am African-American and was raised in a lower-class black community...but there are segments of black women (and men as well) who subscribe to the theorem that being "thuggish" is being "black" and therefore, disregard the guys who do not appear to be thugs. I wasn't a square, but I sure wasn't a thug, and I distinctly remember that dynamic as a teen and young adult.

2) For African-American fighters, the main seller is usually controversy. Andre Ward lacks controversy, so he generates less money. Floyd wasn't a big money guy until after ODLH fight when he started using the "Money" persona. Being in strip clubs, partying, materialism, egomania, arrogance, etc is only controversial when you're young black and rich. Look at Broner's presence on Worldstar Hip Hop, straight up foolishness. but it's controversy and it keeps his name out there.

Floyd's team understood racial politics in the American sports world. Nothing makes the mainstream more uncomfortable than a rich, successful, unapologetically boastful African American man. The mainstream will avidly pay attention him, hoping for his downfall. For TMT though, that led to

Last edited by BlakBread904; 01-13-2016, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X