Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virgil Hunter touches up on Floyd Mayweather's recent interviews regarding racism...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imo this is the simplest & best explanation of the matter:

I want to find the real interview/speech

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
      You just don't get it.
      What don't I get? This all started with Floyd claiming that Ward is "being forced up to LHW" to face Kovalev despite the fact that WARD IS FIGHTING IN THE LHW DIVISON. Nobody forced Ward to do anything that he didn't agree too. He could have continued fighting at SMW. I guess he could no longer make the weight. So guess what? If you're fighting at 172 you're already a LHW!

Floyd then claimed that while Ward is being forced up (although he was already fighting in the LHW division), they were not forcing GGG up to SMW to face Ward who was no longer a SMW.

Floyd claims it was all an attempt to get Ward to lose while keeping GGG undefeated. If that was the case, why pay Ward millions against scrubs just to set him up for a loss? Makes no sense to me. I guess Floyd is once again looking for racism where it doesn't even exists and so are you.

Comment

Virgil has this ability to take the simplest concepts and turn them into some kind of weird, philosophical verbosity that is basically incomprehensible nonsense.

Comment

Im on the fence about this because do I think there is racism in boxing? Hell yeah I do, but not for the points Virgil raises. One thing that has always bothered me when I hear one certain race cry out about racism is that they think their race is the only one thats ever been ridiculed and is still being ridiculed. Racism is about equal in boxing all around. Im not hating on a brotha backing up a brotha but to me it sounds racist when you cry racism but only see it only 1 way, for instance if boxing were pro black, would Virgil jump to the defense of a white or Hispanic man and call racism? I highly doubt it. A better statement from a respected trainer like Virgil wouldve been, "racism is fully existent in boxing, I see it happen to all races" and "I cannot speak for all the other races but as a black man..."

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Virgil has a point about blacks who act like Buffoons (Mayweather and Broner) get the most shine playing up to the negative stereotypes of strip clubs, partying, materialism, egomania, arrogance etc, while guys like Ward and Bradley who are respectable family men dont get shine, but it has to do with he black community not liking the respectable family men, even these black men who are smart and classy growing up in the hood get laughed at by black women all the time they call these guys nerds, squares, losers and when that black man makes it rich they call him a sell out for marrying an asian or white woman who loves him, look at this chick she just went viral for giving this interview, its almost like a mockery to black folks.
            Dude are you serious? All of the characteristics you just listed are attributes white men show with impunity but somehow going to a strip club is now an ethnic stereotype along with materialism, egomania and arrogance? Simple human male behavior is an ethnic stereotype of the African American community? Mayweather's persona was not that of a "buffoon" as you call him, it was a persona meant to denote luxury, even excess but buffoonery, I think is a word you dreamed up all by yourself to describe Floyd's antics.

Lastly, no, black women are not laughing at black men, that's ****ing moronic. Black women are doing everything in their power to support their men and are astonished that they can't find more of them to date and marry. I've been in rooms filled with black women numerous times, with them speaking their minds freely about black men and none of the nonsense you listed comes up, ever. Not even a hint....

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
              Dude are you serious? All of the characteristics you just listed are attributes white men show with impunity but somehow going to a strip club is now an ethnic stereotype along with materialism, egomania and arrogance? Simple human male behavior is an ethnic stereotype of the African American community? Mayweather's persona was not that of a "buffoon" as you call him, it was a persona meant to denote luxury, even excess but buffoonery, I think is a word you dreamed up all by yourself to describe Floyd's antics.

Lastly, no, black women are not laughing at black men, that's ****ing moronic. Black women are doing everything in their power to support their men and are astonished that they can't find more of them to date and marry. I've been in rooms filled with black women numerous times, with them speaking their minds freely about black men and none of the nonsense you listed comes up, ever. Not even a hint....
              Yeah that guy's view, or what I call harmful public opinion, are the types of views that fuel prejudice. Ironically it all falls under the theory of racism in the 21st century. What I hate the most is when people immaturely contextualize the early days of slavery or the 1900s and attempt compare then and now, which as Virgil Hunter states, the only realistic approach are for people that have witnessed it first hand. When Floyd looks in the mirror he knows what he represents and nobody is perfect. I repeat, nobody is perfect. People talk about criticizing attitudes or characters, for example Floyds, and to then say "to talk about racism is stupid..." yet I'd bet any amount of amount that if a balck politician went on like Trump during the primaries....****... lol

"I dont like to brag, but im filthy rich, really.."

TBE motherfukaz!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post

You are either a White liberal male, a feminized black male, or a black female which is it?

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                  Yeah that guy's view, or what I call harmful public opinion, are the types of views that fuel prejudice. Ironically it all falls under the theory of racism in the 21st century. What I hate the most is when people immaturely contextualize the early days of slavery or the 1900s and attempt compare then and now, which as Virgil Hunter states, the only realistic approach are for people that have witnessed it first hand. When Floyd looks in the mirror he knows what he represents and nobody is perfect. I repeat, nobody is perfect. People talk about criticizing attitudes or characters, for example Floyds, and to then say "to talk about racism is stupid..." yet I'd bet any amount of amount that if a balck politician went on like Trump during the primaries....****... lol

"I dont like to brag, but im filthy rich, really.."

TBE motherfukaz!!!
                  America is a country that is very very very much in denial about the implications of skin color, and it doesn't even understand it elected a black president. Somehow Americans have convinced themselves that President Obama is some sort of liberal or ideological phenomena that can be beaten or suppressed with pure resistance. America is a country torn by old battles and skirmishes that assume things that are no longer true. America is at the cusp of becoming something many have feared, truly multicultural. When people talk of minorities and majorities, somebody's afraid of mother****ing somethin'.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                    You are either a White liberal male, a feminized black male, or a black female which is it?
                    I'm a Mandingo pragmatist that could most certainly brutally split any of your orifices with my wood, without so much as a "are you okay baby" or "do you want me to slow down?"

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X