Comments Thread For: Marquez's Trainer Likes The Idea of Miguel Cotto Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JMM on suicide mode.Retire Mr whiner!

Comment

Marquez is an idiot if he takes this fight. Age, his messed up knee and Cotto's size advantage would no doubt be a factor. I would hate for this future HOF'er to go out against the diva, crybaby (OK fine,both are), cripple destroyer Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by TLC8 View Post
        Would love to see Marquez get a brutal beating by Cotto. They don't have the ballz to make this fight happen.
        That Manny ko still hurts i see

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Nacho Beristain, trainer for former four division world champion Juan Manuel Marquez, likes the idea of a showdown between his fighter and another former four division champion, Miguel Cotto.

[Click Here To Read More]
          No doubt that such a fight WOULD HAVE BEEN a great one when Juan was maybe 35 himself. Now he is just too old. He should just retire. A good fight for retirement (maybe of both fighters) would be Marquez-Mosley IMO. His age really showed in his last three important fights, including the 4th vs. Manny, where he was being totally destroyed like never before, and almost miraculously he got an incredible shot out of nowhere. But Bradley showed him that that won't happen again, if his opponent has legs, a good jab and doesn't go reckless like Pacquiao did.

But hey, if that fight happened at 147 it surely would be a treat. But most probably, what happened to Martinez would happen to Marquez as well, only the latter has never ever lost by KO and if he retired losing that way, it would be kind of sad IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
            Floyd was too big for JMM but Cotto isn't? What? I think it's a bad fight for JMM. If they were the same size it'd be one thing but Cotto is a ton bigger now.
            Not to mention Jmm is 42 with bad knees

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              Ahhh. Didnt know that. It all makes sense now.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Mulder View Post
                Ahhh. Didnt know that. It all makes sense now.
                lol.............

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  Aka, Roach wants to give Cotto another Sergio Martinez fight - with the same outcome.

"JuanMa, your knees are not responding! I'm gonna stop it!!"

I don't think Marquez should take the fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X