Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin's career may follow Hagler's trajectory: Ducked 4 years then final flourish

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    How much harder did it need to be? The champion who ducked Hagler the most was Hugo Corro and he wasn't American. So what advantage did Hagler have as an American Fighter? You're not even making sense.
    hagler had the american market behind him. if corro didn't want to fight him that's on him. did hagler eventually get the big fights? yes. and why? because he was in the american market. do you think people would fight ggg if he had the kazakh market behind him? no, that's why he came here, but it obviously took longer to establish himself than a guy who is homegrown like ward for example. that's why its so silly to compare their ages/careers since they took completely different paths.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
      Jesus christ man let it go. The Ward offer was BS. You dont call someone out and say "but but next year doe". And why do you pretend that HBO and Haymon have kissed and made up? You list a light heavy who needs tune ups, 2 Haymon fighters, and a 154 pounder who has fought 2 rounds in the past 18 months.

Are you really this stupid?

nevermind, dont answer that........
      My god, that was the most brilliant post I have ever seen. Truth hurts doesn't it Larry?

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        Not even close to the same..GGG fighting Ward would =daring to be great
        Lara was always the best at 154, and Floyd avoided him like the plague, and instead chose to fight the slow plodding fighter, instead of the skilled technician that cant draw flies to ****.

Sound like anyone you know?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          My god, that was the most brilliant post I have ever seen. Truth hurts doesn't it Larry?
          i will elaborate more on why the ward offer was complete and utter nonsense and how ggg never "ducked" ward, and how simply saying something doesn't actually make it true. a shocking revelation!

ggg tried to fight ward in the past when he made his 154-168 comment and ward said he wasn't ready

fast forward to current times when ggg said he was staying at 160 and ward offers ggg a 50-50 split for a fight at the end of 2016 at 168

ggg is already much more popular than ward so that 50-50 split is pretty insane right off the bat but if we delve even deeper...

ward knows ggg is fighting canelo in 2016 before him, odds are that ggg will almost certainly win that fight and his popularity will skyrocket, and even in defeat his popularity probably goes up a ton....so why in the world would ggg lock in a 50-50 split before fighting the biggest fight of his career? that would be pure insanity. that would be like floyd before fighting oscar locking in a 50-50 split with cory spinks. are these people even trying to use their brains?

ggg turned down ward in 36 minutes! yea it took 36 minutes for them to figure out what a joke this was. its' been months and some posters still can't figure it out. keep trying!

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
            every last one of those fighters are better than ggg's best win.
            Berto??? lol keep dreaming bro. like i said Mayweather is a master manipulator and trolls like you will believe anything.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              Jesus man he has several options and turned down the biggest one in Ward but Degale,Andrade,Lara all have called him out and are willing to fight him,but his team always turns their noses up when fighters pursue a fight with him

Comment

Comment

Golovtards dreaming again................

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
                    Berto??? lol keep dreaming bro. like i said Mayweather is a master manipulator and trolls like you will believe anything.
                    yep even berto......a two time ww champion. who is greater than berto on ggg's resume? floyd has 20 wins that are better than ggg's best win. if i were a ggg fan i wouldn't go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
                      yep even berto......a two time ww champion. who is greater than berto on ggg's resume? floyd has 20 wins that are better than ggg's best win. if i were a ggg fan i wouldn't go there.
                      don't worry i won't argue with your Berto better name argument, i will just be wasting my time.

Comment

Working...
                      X