Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin's career may follow Hagler's trajectory: Ducked 4 years then final flourish

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin's career may follow Hagler's trajectory: Ducked 4 years then final flourish

Of course it could go the other way when they wait him out until he doesn't have much left, but I think ti will go the other way and he will have a few very high quality fights and performances right at the end after having been avoided for many years.

Hagler was a great fighter and he turned pro at a much younger age than GGG. I don't remember anybody calling him little hagler for not moving up to fight at 168 pounds. I'll bet Hagler thinks very highly of GGG. Hagler was a little younger than GGG is now when he retired.

Comment

Jesus man he has several options and turned down the biggest one in Ward but Degale,Andrade,Lara all have called him out and are willing to fight him,but his team always turns their noses up when fighters pursue a fight with him

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        Hagler was a great fighter and he turned pro at a much younger age than GGG. I don't remember anybody calling him little hagler for not moving up to fight at 168 pounds. I'll bet Hagler thinks very highly of GGG. Hagler was a little younger than GGG is now when he retired.
        Hagler also never said he could beat anyone from 154-168..Hagler also did not talk **** about a fighter in a higher division only to turn down the fight once it was offered

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          Jesus man he has several options and turned down the biggest one in Ward but Degale,Andrade,Lara all have called him out and are willing to fight him,but his team always turns their noses up when fighters pursue a fight with him
          Jesus christ man let it go. The Ward offer was BS. You dont call someone out and say "but but next year doe". And why do you pretend that HBO and Haymon have kissed and made up? You list a light heavy who needs tune ups, 2 Haymon fighters, and a 154 pounder who has fought 2 rounds in the past 18 months.

Are you really this ******?

nevermind, dont answer that........

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            Jesus christ man let it go. The Ward offer was BS. You dont call someone out and say "but but next year doe". And why do you pretend that HBO and Haymon have kissed and made up? You list a light heavy who needs tune ups, 2 Haymon fighters, and a 154 pounder who has fought 2 rounds in the past 18 months.

Are you really this ******?

nevermind, dont answer that........
            Stop saying the man is being ducked by everyone when its not true..and why are you so damn afraid of Ward?? everytime his name is mentioned you get emotional

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Tell me about Hagler's options at 168. Who were the champions in that division when he was active and which of those fights would have sealed his legacy?

Comment

Stop saying the man is being ducked by everyone when its not true..and why are you so damn afraid of Ward?? everytime his name is mentioned you get emotional
                why would I be afraid of Ward? Its not like I would be the one fighting him.

But as to a GGG-Ward fight, sure, hopefully it happens someday. But if it doesnt, who really cares? Ward is irrelevant right now, and doesnt make for great fights even when he was relevant. Besides, Ward is still in tune up mode. When he starts fighting viable opponents again, then he can be part of the conversation.

But you are avoiding the question. You like to babble on and on that GGG is somehow ducking these guys, yet the names you mention are a light heavy who is still doing tune ups, 2 Haymon fighters, and a 154 pounder who has fought 2 whole rounds in the past year and a half. On what planet are any of those fights even possible? In LarryLand does REALITY even exist?
                Last edited by OnePunch; 01-06-2016, 01:59 PM.

Comment

christ you are completely biased. can you imagine if someone unpopular like lara offered floyd a 50-50 split for a fight that would take place in over a year and floyd turned it down... according to your own twisted logic i guess floyd was ducking right. silly larry doesn't understand business after years and years of defending floyd the businessman

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    christ you are completely biased. can you imagine if someone unpopular like lara offered floyd a 50-50 split for a fight that would take place in over a yearand floyd turned it down... according to your own twisted logic i guess floyd was ducking right. silly larry doesn't understand business after years and years of defending floyd the businessman
                    the irony, right? lol

Comment

Working...
                    X