Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Golovkin a hall of fame fighter? he is almost 34 and been pro 10 years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obviously not yet. But a few more title defenses coupled with a win over an elite opponent and, yes, he is.

Comment

• silly thread by LarryXXX.

Of course GGG is not a HOFer yet. hasn't done nearly enough to warrant consideration.

If he were to somehow become undisputed middleweight champ and hold that distinction for a couple of years while defending against the best, then I could see a case for his HOF

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
        8 top 10 fighters. That what champions do. Beat top contenders.
        8 top ten contenders in a average to marginal divison.......champion??? Who did he beat to become the champion?? He is a titleholder who got evelated

Canelo is the champion...Yall GGG fanatics are just gonna have to deal with that until they fight and stop attempting to give him records and titles he didnt earn in the ring like everyone before him.

I lol everytime someone says something about GGG breaking the title defenses record at 160 when he wasnt even full champion early on and isnt lineal champion either.....shyts a joke...he has 0 title defenses of the IBF, 0 of the lineal, and no one knows out of the wba because he was the low level champion and got elevated

How many defenses does he have??? are they regular? interim? super?

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          8 top ten contenders in a average to marginal divison.......champion??? Who did he beat to become the champion?? He is a titleholder who got evelated

Canelo is the champion...Yall GGG fanatics are just gonna have to deal with that until they fight and stop attempting to give him records and titles he didnt earn in the ring like everyone before him.
          Why was Golovkin elevated? Did it happen for some random reason or because the "super" champion refused to fight him (again)? Of course Canelo is champ. GGG has been going after the lineal title since Sergio Martinez, but as you know, Martinez, Cotto and Canelo have all turned him down. Hopefully Canelo mans up this year.

As for his title defenses, don't worry about what fans are saying or what Golovkin says. It's a personal achievement. Obviously in today's ******ed boxing with 6 belts per division it's not the same as when Monzon was champion with only 2 belts per division, or even Hopkins' 4 belts. It's even worse now so there are multiple ways to look at title defenses. You can have most lineal title defenses (Monzon). Most single belt defenses (Hopkins). And maybe GGG will challenge Hopkins' record at some point. Again, the WBA is ******ed so it gets tricky how to define "regular" vs "super" etc
          Last edited by ИATAS; 01-06-2016, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• No...Not yet anyway because he has every chance to materialise a career that does belong in the hall though, and he probably will.

On a side note I don't think age and time spent as a pro are/should be factors in deciding a fighters greatness. A guy could be pro for 20 years and do nothing, whereas someone who is a pro only 12 for example, could accomplish greatness. I see your point in terms of GGG but his age and time as a pro won't be factors in his determination of greatness in my opinion. Even is he is only around for another 3 years, he could still do great things, so we will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              but as you know, Martinez, Cotto and Canelo have all turned him down. Hopefully Canelo mans up this year.
              Martinez denied. Cotto denied. when Canelo asked by Kellerman ''sure, if that's what the fans want...I'm not afraid of anybody.'' Post conference interviews, ''we will fight.'' There's no retraction from that testimony vs other fighters that had no interest in fighting Golovkin. That doesn't mean you have to make up fantasies just to protect GGG as a fan. GBP is in a heavy law suit atm.

If the WBC has acknowledged the current litigation that is affecting Alvarez and his belt, they will compromise. That lawsuit has been going on for more than a couple years. Seeing how Suleiman, Chavez Jr, or Golovkin are cool partying you best bet to not follow tacky rumors in reports, especially stuff like, ''Canelo mans up.'' Didn't he man up against Lara when he was publicly disrespected for wanting a fight during the Angulo press conference? Didn't Alvarez already tell the world he will fight GGG? Isn't everybody talking about it and its date? Did Golovkin accept Lara even though he and Sanchez publicly and on video state that 154-168 is easy (2014) even before K2 made press stunts about fighting wanting Floyd?

I mean c'mon bruv...

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                Martinez denied. Cotto denied. when Canelo asked by Kellerman ''sure, if that's what the fans want...I'm not afraid of anybody.'' Post conference interviews, ''we will fight.'' There's no retraction from that testimony vs other fighters that had no interest in fighting Golovkin. That doesn't mean you have to make up fantasies just to protect GGG as a fan. GBP is in a heavy law suit atm.

If the WBC has acknowledged the current litigation that is affecting Alvarez and his belt, they will compromise. That lawsuit has been going on for more than a couple years. Seeing how Suleiman, Chavez Jr, or Golovkin are cool partying you best bet to not follow tacky rumors in reports, especially stuff like, ''Canelo mans up.'' Didn't he man up against Lara when he was publicly disrespected for wanting a fight during the Angulo press conference? Didn't Alvarez already tell the world he will fight GGG? Isn't everybody talking about it and its date? Did Golovkin accept Lara even though he and Sanchez publicly and on video state that 154-168 is easy (2014) even before K2 made press stunts about fighting wanting Floyd?

I mean c'mon bruv...

Did you take your OCD meds today man? I don't want to see another episode like what we saw from you over the past couple days.

Comment

• Originally posted by TysonsPunchout View Post
                  The WBA and their ridiculous title situation. 3 Champs per division is such a joke. But in this particular situation, since I'm a spirit of the law guy, I give GGG a pass. Only because in my opinion and based on what I've read, GGG would have put a beating on Sturm but was consistently denied the chance to fight him. Wonder what GGG career would look like right now had he started his career in the US
                  You don't get credit for hypothetical fights

Comment

• I voted no, but u got some serious issues

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                      Did you take your OCD meds today man? I don't want to see another episode like what we saw from you over the past couple days.
                      No. That's why I'm making sense innit!? Don't worry guvnor, ''Canelo will man up!''

Comment

Working...
                      X