Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ducking & Cherrypicking the IN THING now in American Boxing culture?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post

I am not talking about the ducking itself, but rather the fighters who are wearing it as a badge of honor.

I can almost see Wilder, Stevenson, Quillin, Jacobs and Co. start wearing a T-shirt that says, "Ducking and proud of it" with a TMT/Al Haymon logo on it.
    Don't forget D.Garcia and his pops.

Cherry picking is a badge of honor for these con artists.

There's more excuse makers in the game today as well. Modern culture has made people soft and very spoiled.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
      Don't forget D.Garcia and his pops.

Cherry picking is a badge of honor for these con artists.

There's more excuse makers in the game today as well. Modern culture has made people soft and very spoiled.
      Danny's resume shi.ts on most modern day fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
        Danny's resume shi.ts on most modern day fighters.
        Not really. Most of his opponents are shopworn to hell, and somehow he still managed to look unimpressive against many of them.

Comment

That's one way to look at it. But it's deeper than that.

A fighter has 2-3 "major" fights over the course of a 35-40 fight career. Those 2-3 fights are expensive, need to be built and promoted properly and occur at the right time where it maximizes value. Those 2-3 fights won't happen in succession because then fans will lose interest in the rest of those fighters career.

Instead, the fighters make low risk/high reward paydays in between those 2-3 fights to lengthen their careers and earning potential.

Comment

Not really. Most of his opponents are shopworn to hell, and somehow he still managed to look unimpressive against many of them.
            You think Peterson is shopworn? He's a really good boxer that can't punch.

Comment

Peterson is barely B level. I can't take a guy seriously who needs testosterone pellets. Apparently some people thought Danny got a gift, but it just sounded like a horrible fight to me(wasn't about to watch that garbage).

Comment

Most american fighters (not all ) are spoiled brats gets paid lots of $$$ for fighting scrubs. ex broner.

Comment

The issue is, tha ta select few fighters, names like DG, Thurman, Wilder, Ward and so on, are getting paid handsomely, to fight on networks, against absolute chumps. The big money doesn't necessarily revolve around big fights so where's the motivation for them to fight the big fights? Nowhere to be found.

Comment

Sparring matches for millions of dollars seems to be the current agenda for many boxers.

Comment

Peterson is barely B level. I can't take a guy seriously who needs testosterone pellets. Apparently some people thought Danny got a gift, but it just sounded like a horrible fight to me(wasn't about to watch that garbage).
                      Peterson started a little slow but ended up beating Danny to a pulp and making him look amateurish for the second half of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X