Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Erik Morales/Marco Barerra/Naseem Hamed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He could win but suuck by backing up and grabbing, turning his back etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      Rigo did a loop wheel around A****sa trying to be fancy that no other boxers do anyways, and A****sa was ranked #2 from Japan an #7 world at the time.
      #2 and #7 at what weight division sir?

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
        Rigondeaux had a flash glove down in the Cordoba fight, when he leaned into a Cordoba jab, and was knocked of balance causing a glove to touch the canvas. The other times, he was put down by guys who allegedly outweighed him by more than 15 pounds in the ring. His chin is solid.

Starting with Cordoba every opponent was ranked by one of the sanctioning bodies in the top 15 except maybe Kokietgym. Casey was #11 in the WBA, Marroquin was like #15 in the WBA, Ramos was undefeated and had a version of the WBA title, Cordoba was ranked #3 by the WBA. Donaire was a titlist. Agbeko on paper was a solid opponent, nobody knew he would pull a Clottey. A****sa and Francisco were both ranked. Blame Arum for matching him in such a ****ty manner
        Nonsense, he's fought mostly very average fighters. I'm not actually dismissing his level of competition as fighters, i'm dismissing his status in boxing as one of the best due to his level of competition, especially when he's looked very ordinary and showed some flaws against some average fighters. Nobody can say otherwise, we have all seen it. Yet people always want to make excuses for him. I'm just playing devils advocate and saying maybe he's just not that good. If he is that good then i still think it remains to be seen in the pro game, and he isn't getting any younger.

Comment

Originally posted by El Tejano View Post
          How would today's Rigondeaux do against prime 122 lb versions on Erik Morales/Marco Antonio Barrera/Prince Naseem Hamed.....?
          Hamed was a featherweight, vert fast and a much bigger puncher. If Rigo refuses to throw punches and actually try to make Nas pay, the prince will just keep coming and a prime version knocks out the undersized Rigo.

Morales was a terrific all round fighter who loved going to war. You hit him hard, he'll smile and just keep coming, he could very well overwhelm, hurt, drop and possibly stop Rigo, after all, the best version of El Terrible was 122-126.

Barrera is a bit of a different story, more well rounded than either Hamed or Morales but not as dynamic or naturally gifted. MAB was a well schooled, thoughtful fighter who learned on the road. Rigo has a chance here, a slim one but I'd pick MAB 9/10 times.

I'm saying all of this without really knowing much of Rigo, the only world class opponent he has faced is Donaire and he beat him handily but other than that, he has been so inactive and unimpressive. Nas would have annihilated the scrubs Rigos been going rounds with. Has Rigos amateur background and Donaire win flattered him? Has he reached his peak? Or is there more to come?

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
            Makes me laugh when people try to claim Rigo would beat them easy lol. Who did Rigo beat that comes even close to Morales or Barrera? Donaire? LOL . Im not saying he wouldnt win but u guys are funny lol I think Hamed loses but Barrera and Morales would have a great chance to beat him.
            it wouldnt be easy hed definitely have to fight

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              Nonsense, he's fought mostly very average fighters. I'm not actually dismissing his level of competition as fighters, i'm dismissing his status in boxing as one of the best due to his level of competition, especially when he's looked very ordinary and showed some flaws against some average fighters. Nobody can say otherwise, we have all seen it. Yet people always want to make excuses for him. I'm just playing devils advocate and saying maybe he's just not that good. If he is that good then i still think it remains to be seen in the pro game, and he isn't getting any younger.
              I was simply stating that starting with Cordoba, seven or eight out of the nine opponents were ranked. Cordoba, Ramos, and Agbeko at the time he fought them were considered very solid opponents, not average opponents. Donaire was considered a super star of the lower weight classes. A****sa, was ranked in the top 10 at featherweight, and allegedly outweighed Rigondeaux in the ring by more than 20 pounds. The difference in size was immense. Francisco, Kennedy, Marroquin, and Casey were ranked, you won't find me calling them world beaters.

Why was Donaire rated so highly then? Donaire was put on a pound for pound pedestal beating midget after midget, while avoiding the better opposition. Hell, why is Golovkin rated so highly? Golovkin has twice the fights under his belt that Rigondeaux has, but Rigondeaux has still fought comparatively better opposition for his weight class. I don't think you hear guys arguing he is the best due to his resume. He is one of the best due to the skills he has exhibited against his better opponents, and due to his proven amateur pedigree. He made a pound for pound guy look foolish in the ring, while slowly bruising and lumping his face up, with one punch, round after round, while giving up three inches in height and 12-17 pounds in the ring. That is what you call true pound for pound ability.

As far as the excuses, I would suggest extenuating circumstances. Lets look at the facts, Rigondeaux signed with Roc Nation on November 14. He had just got back in the gym for a fight scheduled in the middle of December. That means he took the Francisco fight on seven days notice with little if no camp. Francisco who had already been in camp, as he had another fight lined up for around the same time, was much better prepared. Rigs didn't look good. He had been on the shelf for a year, and took a fight on a weeks notice. He still won easy. Look at the A****sa fight. Rigs wasn't having much trouble until he hurt A****sa and rushed in, eating a right hand from a man who outweighed him by 20 pounds in the ring. He went down, but got up. He was then thrown down almost immediately afterward. He got up, got pissed, and commenced to disfiguring A****sa's face. I don't think Rigondeaux haters truely appreciate that the guy is 5'2 1/2 maybe 5'3 at max, and for some fights, doesn't really rehydrate. He allegedly weighed around 122 in the ring that night. Again, that is true pound for pound ability. The Marroquin fight, Rigs was having some type of promotion spat with his handlers, and was barred from fighting a month out by a court. So another ****ty camp and not focused. Sure he got hit a couple times, and looked disinterested but he still won easy against a bigger man. He fought Cordoba after fighting six bums, and had Ronnie Shields with his ****ty corner advice in his corner. Rigs still pulled the fight out. One thing you notice with Rigondeaux, is that when he focused, the opponent doesn't really have a chance. And you are right, it is rumored that he may already be 40. But you can blame Arum for promoting him in such a ****ty manner. If you didn't notice, Donaire was fed all the prized smaller tenderonies to look good against. Donaire gets matched with the smaller Sydorenko, Montiel, Arce, Nishioka, etc, while the 5'3 Rigs is matched with Giant 122 pounders like 5'9 Cordoba, 5'8 Marroquin etc, then gets ridiculed when the fight isn't exciting. If Rigondeaux had of been fed a steady diet of Arce's, Montiel's and other assorted, passed it face first latin guys, he could have been built up into another Mexican Assassin type of dude.
              Last edited by The Akbar One; 01-03-2016, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
                I was simply stating that starting with Cordoba, seven or eight out of the nine opponents were ranked. Cordoba, Ramos, and Agbeko at the time he fought them were considered very solid opponents, not average opponents. Donaire was considered a super star of the lower weight classes. A****sa, was ranked in the top 10 at featherweight, and allegedly outweighed Rigondeaux in the ring by more than 20 pounds. The difference in size was immense. Francisco, Kennedy, Marroquin, and Casey were ranked, you won't find me calling them world beaters.

Why was Donaire rated so highly then? Donaire was put on a pound for pound pedestal beating midget after midget, while avoiding the better opposition. Hell, why is Golovkin rated so highly? Golovkin has twice the fights under his belt that Rigondeaux has, but Rigondeaux has still fought comparatively better opposition for his weight class. I don't think you hear guys arguing he is the best due to his resume. He is one of the best due to the skills he has exhibited against his better opponents, and due to his proven amateur pedigree. He made a pound for pound guy look foolish in the ring, while slowly bruising and lumping his face up, with one punch, round after round, while giving up three inches in height and 12-17 pounds in the ring. That is what you call true pound for pound ability.

As far as the excuses, I would suggest extenuating circumstances. Lets look at the facts, Rigondeaux signed with Roc Nation on November 14. He had just got back in the gym for a fight scheduled in the middle of December. That means he took the Francisco fight on seven days notice with little if no camp. Francisco who had already been in camp, as he had another fight lined up for around the same time, was much better prepared. Rigs didn't look good. He had been on the shelf for a year, and took a fight on a weeks notice. He still won easy. Look at the A****sa fight. Rigs wasn't having much trouble until he hurt A****sa and rushed in, eating a right hand from a man who outweighed him by 20 pounds in the ring. He went down, but got up. He was then thrown down almost immediately afterward. He got up, got pissed, and commenced to disfiguring A****sa's face. I don't think Rigondeaux haters truely appreciate that the guy is 5'2 1/2 maybe 5'3 at max, and for some fights, doesn't really rehydrate. He allegedly weighed around 122 in the ring that night. Again, that is true pound for pound ability. The Marroquin fight, Rigs was having some type of promotion spat with his handlers, and was barred from fighting a month out by a court. So another ****ty camp and not focused. Sure he got hit a couple times, and looked disinterested but he still won easy against a bigger man. He fought Cordoba after fighting six bums, and had Ronnie Shields with his ****ty corner advice in his corner. Rigs still pulled the fight out. One thing you notice with Rigondeaux, is that when he focused, the opponent doesn't really have a chance. And you are right, it is rumored that he may already be 40. But you can blame Arum for promoting him in such a ****ty manner. If you didn't notice, Donaire was fed all the prized smaller tenderonies to look good against. Donaire gets matched with the smaller Sydorenko, Montiel, Arce, Nishioka, etc, while the 5'3 Rigs is matched with Giant 122 pounders like 5'9 Cordoba, 5'8 Marroquin etc, then gets ridiculed when the fight isn't exciting. If Rigondeaux had of been fed a steady diet of Arce's, Montiel's and other assorted, passed it face first latin guys, he could have been built up into another Mexican Assassin type of dude.

Comment

Hamed is a fraud that much is certain.

only violent ******s, non violent ******s and their sympathizers, aka brits, support him.

Comment

im glad a christian crusading catholic warrior marco antonio barrera ****d hamed after that disgusting islamic ring entrance by that exposed fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                      They are all legends but even a legend's arms are too short to box with Ring-Gods-Doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X