No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Erik Morales/Marco Barerra/Naseem Hamed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    These guys were a lot better than 122 Donaire. Hamed would be easiest to outbox but hes much more dangerous than that Donaire. Rigo has been hurt by guys 5 levels below these
    Morales was outboxed by Raheem. Before you play the age card he was coming off a major W and Rigo been past his physical peak.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
      Morales was outboxed by Raheem. Before you play the age card he was coming off a major W and Rigo been past his physical peak.
      That was at 135, he came in soft and flabby. Rigo is small at 122, Morales was big and beastly there

Comment

All three Fu ck him up. I'll give him a slight shot vs Barrera and Hamed. The early career version of Barrera I think Rigo can beat but not the later version of him. I think the version of Barrera that beat morales and Hamed wears him down and ****s him up. Hamed IMO will evenually land something awkward and big on Rigo and stop him. And morales would straight up fu ck him up.

Comment

how the hell can you even put rigo in that category i mean who the fk has he beat.... hamed will obliterate him,morales will put him in a coma

Comment

Rigo is the most overrated boxer in the world.

I'm not saying he isn't skilled, he clearly is, but he also has flaws people choose to ignore. He's been dropped and showed weaknesses against fighters who couldn't lace the gloves of these guys. I'm not saying that makes him a bad fighter but when you have only fought about 2 guys in the top 30 of your division, well...i still think we're allowed to have question marks over him, despite his sterling amateur career.

Hamed would smash his little biscuit chin with either hand, that guy was a beast before his hands were shot, P4P one of the hardest punchers there has been.

Comment

Barrera and Morales destroy him, he is too small and throws too little to keep them off.
              Hamed needs to land one shot on that china chin.....I'd bet on him.

Comment

Originally posted by El Tejano View Post
                How would today's Rigondeaux do against prime 122 lb versions on Erik Morales/Marco Antonio Barrera/Prince Naseem Hamed.....?
                You mean the Rigondeaux that whooped Donaire right? Because he didn't look too hot his last time out.

Both Morales, and Barrera had trouble with good boxers when they came across them. Jones gave Barrera problems. Raheem gave Morales problems. Rigondeaux doesn't have the height of Junior Jones or Zahir Raheem, but he is a better, slicker, boxer then both of them. I'd take him by decision over both guys.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                  They are all legends but even a legend's arms are too short to box with Ring-Gods-Doe.
                  Cordoba's medicore ass, who is the same height as Morales, put him on his ass. With a jab.

Morales destroys him.

Comment

Eric Morales would outbox him in every round, and that's a conservative estimate. TKO possibly.

Marco Barrera in his prime, not the pensioner that fought Amir Khan, would hammer him, and not even break a sweat doing it.

Naseem Hamed in his Brendan Ingles day would evade him, frustrate him and counter him with one of his rocket launchers.

Comment

Originally posted by El Tejano View Post
                      How would today's Rigondeaux do against prime 122 lb versions on Erik Morales/Marco Antonio Barrera/Prince Naseem Hamed.....?
                      Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                      He's been dropped and showed weaknesses against fighters who couldn't lace the gloves of these guys. I'm not saying that makes him a bad fighter but when you have only fought about 2 guys in the top 30 of your division, well...i still think we're allowed to have question marks over him, despite his sterling amateur career.

Hamed would smash his little biscuit chin with either hand, that guy was a beast before his hands were shot, P4P one of the hardest punchers there has been.
                      Rigondeaux had a flash glove down in the Cordoba fight, when he leaned into a Cordoba jab, and was knocked of balance causing a glove to touch the canvas. The other times, he was put down by guys who allegedly outweighed him by more than 15 pounds in the ring. His chin is solid.

Starting with Cordoba every opponent was ranked by one of the sanctioning bodies in the top 15 except maybe Kokietgym. Casey was #11 in the WBA, Marroquin was like #15 in the WBA, Ramos was undefeated and had a version of the WBA title, Cordoba was ranked #3 by the WBA. Donaire was a titlist. Agbeko on paper was a solid opponent, nobody knew he would pull a Clottey. Amagasa and Francisco were both ranked. Blame Arum for matching him in such a ****ty manner
                      Last edited by The Akbar One; 01-02-2016, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X