Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would beating Krusher now be Ward's biggest victory?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    It's impressive.

He defeated the #1 LHW contender at the time, Hopkins (http://www.tbrb.org/2015/10/10/14-october-2014/).
    Then he defeated the #3 LHW contender at the time, Pascal I (http://www.tbrb.org/2015/10/10/10-march-2015/).
    He's fighting the #3 LHW contender at the end of January, Pascal II (http://www.tbrb.org/all-rankings/).
    Campillo was apparently #3 Tbrb at the time, and Cleverly #5, somehow below Kovalev!

Comment

He toyed with and made a prime Froch look like an amateur.....with ONE hand!

It basically comes down to who you hold to a higher standard. Froch (at the time of his loss; in his prime) or current Kovalev.

Comment

I wanna see Ward fight Barrera and Shabranskyy at 175lb before I talk about Ward vs Kovalev
        At this point I don't care who he fights, he just needs to stay active...frustrating being a Ward fan these days.

Comment

I think it would be by far his biggest win. Ward's biggest win to date is his win over Froch. Froch is a tough, game, excellent fighter but Kovalev is much better. Kovalev is bigger than Froch and he hits harder than Froch. Kovalev is also a much better boxer than Froch. Kovalev won every round from Hopkins and I doubt either Ward or Froch could come close to doing that to Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
            He toyed with and made a prime Froch look like an amateur.....with ONE hand!

It basically comes down to who you hold to a higher standard. Froch (at the time of his loss; in his prime) or current Kovalev.
            Kovalev got a better resume than Froch 4 years ago (though not by that much), much more dominant, unlike Froch p4p ranked and #1 in his division. So its pretty clear cut. However Froch has scored some good wins and bolstered his resume since

Comment

It would be a very impressive win, not sure if better than the froch win because froch went on to do some real good wins after that fight.

I think he's going to struggle though as i think 168 was the perfect weight for him and he will lose abit of effectivness going up. I also think you need to have enough power to make Kovalev think twice about just swinging for the fences, I dont think ward's power is going to bother kovalevso he'll be able to open up without worrying about whats coming back and that's a scary thought

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-hickey View Post
                It would be a very impressive win, not sure if better than the froch win because froch went on to do some real good wins after that fight.

I think he's going to struggle though as i think 168 was the perfect weight for him and he will lose abit of effectivness going up. I also think you need to have enough power to make Kovalev think twice about just swinging for the fences, I dont think ward's power is going to bother kovalevso he'll be able to open up without worrying about whats coming back and that's a scary thought
                If Kovalev just "swings for the fences", Ward 12-0s him. I really hope you're not training Kovalev for his own sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  If Kovalev just "swings for the fences", Ward 12-0s him. I really hope you're not training Kovalev for his own sake.
                  They said the same jack **** with Hopkins

Comment

if Ward beats Krusher and retires undefeated he will be remembered as an ATG

Comment

Originally posted by KOVALBOXER View Post
                      They said the same jack **** with Hopkins
                      Buddy, Kovalev boxed that entire fight. Beautiful performance from Sergey. Put Hopkins on his ass in the 1st, outboxed him all the way 2-11, and then beat his ass pillar to post in round 12.

With that said, swinging for the fences is what Edwin Rodriguez did vs. Michael Seals on Spike TV. If you think Kovalev can come out like that vs. Ward and win a round, you are living in la-la land.

Comment

Working...
                      X