No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Will Postpone Retirement For a Mayweather Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
    With all do respect I didn't see that effective offence from Floyd. I wanted to see it purely as a boxing fan, but I didn't. Let's just say we disagree.

Marquez was desperate was about to get KO'd but was smart enough to know that all he had was the right hand if he landed it flush and he caught Manny coming in. So he intentionally went for it and the miracle shot happened. It was not luck. The roids helped no doubt. Without the roids Manny would have went down shook his head and then be saved by the bell. We will never know how much greater that fight would have been.

As far as Floyds hands are concerned if he can't hit hard well then something is missing to call him TBE. All Time Greats finish the show. Floyd was the greatest defensive fighter ever. I give him credit for finding a way to win and remain undefeated in spite of his hands. That impresses me but it doesn't inspire me. I don't revere him.
    He has never provided unforgettable moments like Ali Hagler Robinson Leonard etc. You have to win big and rise to the occasion to be unforgettable. I still believe though Floyd was great, what he has done speaks for itself.

A limited fighter like Gatti fought with one hand in some fights. A great fighter like Hopkins fought with a dislocated shoulder. Ali fought with bad hands but he still stung like a bee.
    At the greatest moment in your life, the greatest opportunity that would forever leave a mark on the sport that gave you so much, you go for the gold.
    Shouldn't care about the hands for 40 minutes, box him, ware him down, walk him down and then take him out when he's ripe for the picking. When you do that then no doubt you are TBE. Floyd did not do that. I saw limited offence, and so did the world, and that's why EVERYONE WAS P*SSED OFF. Who wasn't?

All that aside, you made some very good points.
    I agree that Floyd is not TGE (The greatest ever) but he is undoubtedly TBE (The Best Ever).

The greatest ever arguement is a largely subjective one, and encompasses many of the qualities that you listed in your argument, but the The Best Ever arguement is a far less subjective one but more a factual/statistical/skill one, in other words, it is predominantly based on numbers.

Floyd's numbers tell the whole story and his diverse skillset and effect and efficient use of said skill set is unmatched. That is why he is TBE.

Your comparison of certain injuries sustained in the past by other boxers is irrelevant, because those were one time injuries. Floyd's problem is chronic and gets worse and worse with every fight. Roger said that Floyd was at one point close to tears because of how painful his hands were during training camp for May 2, and Floyd has had to fight in vegas consistently coz it is the only state that will allow him to inject xylocaine for his hands and he also had to reduce his activity signigicantly as a result of his hand issues, at one point only fighting once a year and only twice a year recently. The extra padded gloves he wears also speak volumes about how serious his problem is compared to some of those guys you mentioned.

So no, you can't excuse away this issue no matter how hard you try, Floyd may not be TGE, but he is TBE unquestionably.

Comment

• I'm not gonna excuse that issue. He's never had his ass beat, he's hands down the best defensive boxer in the history of the sport, he's been boring at times but never came close to performing poorly and he's never lost. What more can one say especially from a statistical standpoint.

TGE, Ali, had hand issues equally as bad as Floyd. He knocked out Foreman during his shining moment. If Floyd KO'd Manny he could have possibly been considered TGE. I would have went for it all if I were him.

Comment

I'm not gonna excuse that issue. He's never had his ass beat, he's hands down the best defensive boxer in the history of the sport, he's been boring at times but never came close to performing poorly and he's never lost. What more can one say especially from a statistical standpoint.

TGE, Ali, had hand issues equally as bad as Floyd. He knocked out Foreman during his shining moment. If Floyd KO'd Manny he could have possibly been considered TGE. I would have went for it all if I were him.
        Boxers don't just randomly go for the knockout though, they go for the knockout because the knockout is available. Like I said before, Pac walked through clean and hard punches that Floyd landed and was only staggered momentarily in round eight but was never hurt at all.

When you land some of your best punches and the guy doesn't get hurt then you know the guy is not there for the taking.

I gave you the rounds in which Floyd landed some of his best work (pull counter right on the chin and two left hooks, all three in round 8)

(stepped in with the uppercut in round eleven that landed flush on Pacquiao's chin, and then there was also another uppercut in round 9 or 10, there was also a clean check hook right behind the ear in one of those two rounds)

(In round five Floyd unleased a flash jab followed by a monstrous right cross and also sent pac bouncing against the ropes with an extremely agrresive and clean combo)

Pac took all of that **** in stride and just shook it off. The guy was never there for the taking bro. In fact, I am of the opinion that the only way to knock pac out is with a one punch knockout because in the second bradley fight, bradley punched pacquiao so hard that he was literally lifted off of his feet and landed a distance away, Pac was clearly hurt but he recovered in like 10 seconds or something.

And plz don't give me that 'with all due respect, I did not see that effctive aggression', I gave you the rounds that reffer to what I'm talking about, all of you have to do is youtube the fight and go to said rounds. And in fact, saying you didn't see highlight events that are caught in video and slow motion replay makes your argument far less credible, cause it means you either didn't even watch the fight and are just recycling garbage that you read on this site, or you did and are just blatantly playing ignorant, like Jim Lampey was. (ie. in round eleven when Floyd landed that uppercut, Jim Lampey said "oh great straight left by manny pacquaio!"

lol, and he was doing that the whole fight but I was able to suspend my disbelief of his bias up until that moment, that was just the breaking point for me. And before you accuse me of lying, go to round eleven, watch that moment, and listen to what Jim Lampey says. And if you rewatch the fight, listen to how excited he gets when pac does something (whether he lands or misses) and then listen to how he changes the topic when floyd lands or how he just keeps quiet and pretends nothing happened. Also listen to how he praises Floyd for side stepping Pacquiao when his back hits the ropes, but ignores the check left hook and/or right hand he lands on his way out.

Lol, HBO commentary is a joke, the same thing happened throughout the Oscar vs Mayweather fight. Thank goodness for Teddy Atlas and Max Kellermen, coz those guys were under no illusions as to what truly transpired in that fight and they were very vocal (thankfully) about it.

Anyway, that's why I always use british commentary when I watch fights between any fighters, those guys are the least biased guys I know of and they tell it how it is.

Comment

• When I say with all due respect I mean it.

Yes I've seen the fight many times, but I do have a career. Seriously I don't have the time to go into specific detail, and rewatch it 100 times. Floyd did not land any "monsterous" punches. Manny was not marked hurt wobbled or stung by Floyd. Manny picked off many shots with his gloves. He actually fought a pretty good fight defensively. Not equally as well as Floyd but pretty damn good. It was a nothing fight and nothing happened and it didn't help the sport.

I will replay those rounds again in the very near future when I have time.

Floyd should have handled a washed up Oscar easily. He didn't. He won but he should have beat him easily.

Bradley's punch landed but it didn't lift Pac off his feet. Pac was just bouncing upward when the punch was thrown. There was no power or leverage on the punch Bradley threw.

Comment

When I say with all due respect I mean it.

Yes I've seen the fight many times, but I do have a career. Seriously I don't have the time to go into specific detail, and rewatch it 100 times. Floyd did not land any "monsterous" punches. Manny was not marked hurt wobbled or stung by Floyd. Manny picked off many shots with his gloves. He actually fought a pretty good fight defensively. Not equally as well as Floyd but pretty damn good. It was a nothing fight and nothing happened and it didn't help the sport.

I will replay those rounds again in the very near future when I have time.

Floyd should have handled a washed up Oscar easily. He didn't. He won but he should have beat him easily.

Bradley's punch landed but it didn't lift Pac off his feet. Pac was just bouncing upward when the punch was thrown. There was no power or leverage on the punch Bradley threw.
            First off, that's a blatant lie regarding Bradley Pac fight, watched it many times from many different angles. That weren't no bouncin round **** or whatever you just made up, Pac was lifted off of his feet. It's clear as daylight.

Those were monstrous punches, the kind of punches meant to knockout or at least knock down an opponent, the reason you don't think so is cause Pac, as I so many times have tried to explain to you, somehow walked through that line of barely fazed at all (he was fazed but barely).

Your lack of knowledge about certain things regarding the fight tells me one of two things, one, that you a brainwashed pac fan, or two, that you're a typical casual fan who only sees what they want to see when they watch a fight.

Your excuse that you don't have time to rewatch three or four three minute rounds is also bogus, so you have time to spend a whole day replying to my posts on this website but don't have time to watch a few rounds of a boxing match? I'm sorry, but only a kinder garden kid would buy that excuse. You're intentionally choosing to remain ignorant of those events period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
              First off, that's a blatant lie regarding Bradley Pac fight, watched it many times from many different angles. That weren't no bouncin round **** or whatever you just made up, Pac was lifted off of his feet. It's clear as daylight.

Those were monstrous punches, the kind of punches meant to knockout or at least knock down an opponent, the reason you don't think so is cause Pac, as I so many times have tried to explain to you, somehow walked through that line of barely fazed at all (he was fazed but barely).

Your lack of knowledge about certain things regarding the fight tells me one of two things, one, that you a brainwashed pac fan, or two, that you're a typical casual fan who only sees what they want to see when they watch a fight.

Your excuse that you don't have time to rewatch three or four three minute rounds is also bogus, so you have time to spend a whole day replying to my posts on this website but don't have time to watch a few rounds of a boxing match? I'm sorry, but only a kinder garden kid would buy that excuse. You're intentionally choosing to remain ignorant of those events period.
              Relax man. I told you I'll watch those rounds again. I had a great day today but now I've been exposed. According to your mystic powers you have the ability to know my character through the medium of being a professional prize fighting fan. You have amazingly deduced that I am ignorant, full of excuses, I only see what I want to see, and I am a blatant LIAR. That's right a LIAR!! ( I'm quoting you man)
              Ok so I am a liar. It was me who secretly admitted that PAC was lifted off his feet directly from the Bradley punch. You are accurate on that one. It was me who secretly admitted that Floyd landed several "monsterous" punches flush on Manny's face jaw and temple. Instead I cover up my confessions through lies. I heard the crowd going wild when the monsterous punches were landing with so much leverage but I turned the sound down so I wouldn't come out of the brainwashing. The whole world was amazed by those monsterous punches except for me brainwashed guy.

You are right I am full of excuses as I should be watching that fight again and again but being as ignorant as I am, I chose to do other things like earn money and pay a lot of taxes. I shouldn't procrastinate on that crucial activity of watching that fight 100 times.

I will not respond to you any longer because you know everything and anyone with a slightly different opinion should be ashamed of themselves as they know nothing and again are LIARS!!!

If this made you laugh then you're gonna be ok and you understand this thing called life. If this made you mad well then you obviously are a ***** and need to seek counciling. Only you can answer that one because you have those mystic mind reading powers not me.

Comment

• Didn't Pacquiao recently deny making this statement?

Comment

Working...
                X