No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Will Postpone Retirement For a Mayweather Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
    You guys don't know **** about PBF!!!!!!

If you did then you would know that PBF went for the knockout almost every fight that he took, and you would then know that he started hurting his hands at almost every one of his fights, which is why he stopped going for the knockout.

He was LITERALLY fighting with only one hand by the end of his fight with Carlos Hernandes and Carlos Baldimir, he also hurt his hand in his fights against Robert Guererro, Zab Judah, and Demarcus Corley, amongst many other times that he hurt his hands.

Going for the knockout for PBF is therefore a suicidal tactic because imagine fighting LITERALLY with one hand against Pac coz you stupidly went for the knockout and broke your brittle hands.

Besides, doubt he would have succeeded in knocking Pacquiao out. He landed some really hard flush punches on Pacquiao and Pacquiao just carried on like nothing happened. There was that flush uppercut in round 11, the other uppercut in round 9 or 10, the super hard pull counter he landed flush on pac's chin in round 8 and even those two monstrous left hooks he landed in round 8. There was a monstrous check left hook too he landed in the later rounds but Pac walked through all of that fire and didn't get the shaky legs at all.

Even in the earlier rounds Floyd was tagging Pacquiao with flush right hands and the guy just carries on fighting like nutn's up. Jus look at round five when he unloaded that super agressive combo and sent Pac bouncing against the ropes. The guy doesn't seem faced at all jus carries on fighting. I mean, yeah he got phased mentally coz he was extremely weary of engaging PBF especially in the centre of the ring but man there should have been alot more physical effect, like there was on Floyd in rounds 4 and 6.

Everytime I think about that ish I ask myself how the **** Marquez did what he did to Pac if Floyd couldn't hurt him, coz I thought Floyd was the harder puncher based on his fight with Marquez.
    Marquez was the only fighter Pacquiao was willing to go after aggressively in recent history, which is why Marquez was able to land the counter that put him to sleep. May and Pac both respected each other and knew they couldn't take huge risks cause the other would capitalize.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
      One fight isn't going to transcended boxing boxing will never be on top again.

Especially when you have promoters who don't want to work with each other
      You could be right. My thinking was based on how Ali Frazier 1 brought the world to boxing. The fight was a classic and from that point that's when the "big money athlete" started happening for boxing and quite frankly all American sports. A Floyd KO of Manny would have helped the sport. Manny KOing Floyd would have set the world on fire.

Comment

• PAC beat Bradley twice yet is gonna give him are match. So Floyd do the honours and give PAC his rematch.

Comment

• Floyd is hiding right now. He's probably not coming back after the IV situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
            You guys don't know **** about PBF!!!!!!

If you did then you would know that PBF went for the knockout almost every fight that he took, and you would then know that he started hurting his hands at almost every one of his fights, which is why he stopped going for the knockout.

He was LITERALLY fighting with only one hand by the end of his fight with Carlos Hernandes and Carlos Baldimir, he also hurt his hand in his fights against Robert Guererro, Zab Judah, and Demarcus Corley, amongst many other times that he hurt his hands.

Going for the knockout for PBF is therefore a suicidal tactic because imagine fighting LITERALLY with one hand against Pac coz you stupidly went for the knockout and broke your brittle hands.

Besides, doubt he would have succeeded in knocking Pacquiao out. He landed some really hard flush punches on Pacquiao and Pacquiao just carried on like nothing happened. There was that flush uppercut in round 11, the other uppercut in round 9 or 10, the super hard pull counter he landed flush on pac's chin in round 8 and even those two monstrous left hooks he landed in round 8. There was a monstrous check left hook too he landed in the later rounds but Pac walked through all of that fire and didn't get the shaky legs at all.

Even in the earlier rounds Floyd was tagging Pacquiao with flush right hands and the guy just carries on fighting like nutn's up. Jus look at round five when he unloaded that super agressive combo and sent Pac bouncing against the ropes. The guy doesn't seem faced at all jus carries on fighting. I mean, yeah he got phased mentally coz he was extremely weary of engaging PBF especially in the centre of the ring but man there should have been alot more physical effect, like there was on Floyd in rounds 4 and 6.

Everytime I think about that ish I ask myself how the **** Marquez did what he did to Pac if Floyd couldn't hurt him, coz I thought Floyd was the harder puncher based on his fight with Marquez.
            With all do respect I didn't see that effective offence from Floyd. I wanted to see it purely as a boxing fan, but I didn't. Let's just say we disagree.

Marquez was desperate was about to get KO'd but was smart enough to know that all he had was the right hand if he landed it flush and he caught Manny coming in. So he intentionally went for it and the miracle shot happened. It was not luck. The roids helped no doubt. Without the roids Manny would have went down shook his head and then be saved by the bell. We will never know how much greater that fight would have been.

As far as Floyds hands are concerned if he can't hit hard well then something is missing to call him TBE. All Time Greats finish the show. Floyd was the greatest defensive fighter ever. I give him credit for finding a way to win and remain undefeated in spite of his hands. That impresses me but it doesn't inspire me. I don't revere him.
            He has never provided unforgettable moments like Ali Hagler Robinson Leonard etc. You have to win big and rise to the occasion to be unforgettable. I still believe though Floyd was great, what he has done speaks for itself.

A limited fighter like Gatti fought with one hand in some fights. A great fighter like Hopkins fought with a dislocated shoulder. Ali fought with bad hands but he still stung like a bee.
            At the greatest moment in your life, the greatest opportunity that would forever leave a mark on the sport that gave you so much, you go for the gold.
            Shouldn't care about the hands for 40 minutes, box him, ware him down, walk him down and then take him out when he's ripe for the picking. When you do that then no doubt you are TBE. Floyd did not do that. I saw limited offence, and so did the world, and that's why EVERYONE WAS P*SSED OFF. Who wasn't?

All that aside, you made some very good points.

Comment

• of course you will lol

I weigh 172 right now hell Ill weight 147 tommrow if I get that damn fight lmfao that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

• Originally posted by Rovi View Post
                50 is a beautiful number. I would like to see that. The first fight was also good i think. Don't expect Mike Tyson kind of action from a defensive guy, watching him avoiding and countering is also pleasant for me.
                Finally someone who is honest, describing what is really going on, and then admiting that he likes it. I respect that. Just because I don't like it doesn't make you wrong.
                Thank you for not throwing insults or doing the color thing, which is an insult to all people.
                I believe a rematch will give us more of what you just described.

Comment

• Let's not and say we did, guys.

Comment

• I just rewatched the first fight. It was actually great if you are a real boxing fan. Pac did his best but was outclassed, skill wise. I wouldn't mind seeing it again. This time Floyd will do it faster.

Comment

• Two aging millionaires, absolutely no need to fool the public again.
                      Please spare us the hype.

Comment

Working...
                      X