Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you consider Nonito Donaire to be a hall of famer or an all time great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nonito is a shoe In for the HOF and at haters who say he lost to the only elite fighters he fought. Pound for pound Darchinyan > Walters. Darchinyan is hurting guys bigger than him and was a force at Flyweight. Walters is good but lets see what happens once he moves up to LW.

I would say borderline ATG. He was lineal at both Flyweight and Super Bantam. And completely dominated both champions. People gotta stop hating and give the man his props. In his prime he could hang with the best Flyweights of Alltime.
    Last edited by SilverMiles; 12-17-2015, 12:38 PM.

Comment

HOF, yes... All time great, No!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
        Nonito is a shoe In for the HOF and at haters who say he lost to the only elite fighters he fought. Pond for pound Darchinyan > Walters. Darchinyan is hurting guys bigger than him and was a force at Flyweight. Walters is good but lets see what happens once he moves up to LW.

I would say borderline ATG. He was lineal at both Flyweight and Super Bantam. And completely dominated both champions. People gotta stop hating and give the man his props. In his prime he could hang with the best Flyweights of Alltime.
        I'd like to know who'd they favor over him at 112-118 in the past 15 years

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
          Nonito is a shoe In for the HOF and at haters who say he lost to the only elite fighters he fought. Pond for pound Darchinyan > Walters. Darchinyan is hurting guys bigger than him and was a force at Flyweight. Walters is good but lets see what happens once he moves up to LW.
          Darchinyan was running over guys until he fought at bantamweight and higher

a lot of people dont even watch the lighter weight classes but have an opinion on the fighters

Comment

HOF yes but anybody can get in it so it don't mean jack ATG FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              did you watch his fights with Montiel, Darchinyan 1, Moruti Mthalane, and Sidorenko?
              I did. Saw both Vic fights in which only one was impressive. I'll give him that. The second was pointless as Vic was a shell of himself. And Sidoronko? Was he suppose to beat Donaire or am I missing something? Didn't Moreno beat him way before?

Comment

I don't like his resume. But his accomplishments do get him in probably. His 2012 fighter of the year resume sucked ass. Just fought 4 times against easy pickings. To be a HOFer or ATG, ideally in my eyes, you have to beat other future HOFers. That's not the actual criteria, but it should be. Beating other HOF caliber fighters gets you in the HOF or a spot in the imaginary ATG list.

Comment

Nonito Donaire definitely deserves being an all time great, that is, being an all time great by being beaten by an all time great, Rigo!

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    He is definitely a hall of famer......He was the lineal featherweight champion, unified junior feather weight champion/ ring champion and held titles flyweight and bantamweight.....very few fighters have had success making the jump from Flyweight to bantamweight or higher except Manny Pacquaio, fighting Harada and Jimmy McClarnin

unlike Pacquaio and McClarnin when they campaigned at 112 he was an adult and turned pro near 20 years old and fought their 8 years. Height-wise he was tall for the weight but he wasn't a young kid there.

I think it will be a long time before we see a fighter win titles from 112-126 and defeat so many top contenders and titleholders in so few fights

Nonito only has 39 fights and won titles in 4 weight classes, 11 former champions/title holders

He isn't the boxer or the best puncher but for what he was I consider him an all time great and its not very Many fighters I'd pick over him from 112-118....I really think he is pushing it fighting at 122-126

idk bro.. he took a atg hof ass whoopin from Rigo.

imo, his resume is weak. the fighters he beat came to lose plus he was much bigger. where is sidorneko now? narvaez? mthlane? not doing ****. and he won a foty award for fighting that weak caliber.

only reason he had any recognition was because 48 coat tail riding.

darch was his biggest win followed by beating an severley overrated montiel.

how overrated was dontcare? he won koty for a knockdown ffs. not a fan of ANY 48ers.

Comment

HOF most definitely!

ATG, I'm not so sure. He had and possibly still does have, power, at the lower divisions he was a genuine KO puncher. He beat the best champions available and only ever lost to the best available or when he was under sized.

It's just the inconsistency that Donaire has shown in the last couple of years that has really let him down.

Comment

Working...
                      X