No announcement yet.

Do you consider Nonito Donaire to be a hall of famer or an all time great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
    idk bro.. he took a atg hof ass whoopin from Rigo.

imo, his resume is weak. the fighters he beat came to lose plus he was much bigger. where is sidorneko now? narvaez? mthlane? not doing ****. and he won a foty award for fighting that weak caliber.

only reason he had any recognition was because 48 coat tail riding.

darch was his biggest win followed by beating an severley overrated montiel.

how overrated was dontcare? he won koty for a knockdown ffs. not a fan of ANY 48ers.
    carlos zarate took an all time azz whooping from Wilfredo Gomez.....is he not an ATG

Gomez took a beating from Sanchez...is he not an ATG

There are less than 10 undefeated champions ever.....9/10 all the rest took azz whoopings

please tell me how his resume is weak when he only has 39 fights with 12 of them being against former champions and titlists....he only lost to the huge Walters and got outboxed by Rigo and a loss in his 2nd pro fight

Comment

HOF? Clearly.
      ATG? Ehh, no.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        carlos zarate took an all time azz whooping from Wilfredo Gomez.....is he not an ATG

Gomez took a beating from Sanchez...is he not an ATG

There are less than 10 undefeated champions ever.....9/10 all the rest took azz whoopings

please tell me how his resume is weak when he only has 39 fights with 12 of them being against former champions and titlists....he only lost to the huge Walters and got outboxed by Rigo and a loss in his 2nd pro fight
        theres no relevance in his wins unless we count his opponents past accomplishments. when they faced him they were undersized and gun shy. once he started fighting closer to his natural weight he started getting beat up. i respect your point of view but in my view i dont rate his accomplishments that high because his opponents never had a wow factor aside from vic. imo, they came to lose or were picked because their style didnt match well with his. Still, i respect your opinion real pug

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          HOF Maybe, not ATG.

People give him a lot of flack these days but the guy was a brilliant fighter from around 2007-2012. I think people forget how good he once was.
          Good post.

I was kinda' irritated with him for a while, but you're right.

War Nonito.

Comment

Not for me.

HOF is very possible, but he is not even close to ATG status.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
              Good post.

I was kinda' irritated with him for a while, but you're right.

War Nonito.
              agreed

Comment

HOF'er 100%, ppl **** on him but hes a great fighter and fought ppl most would never fight.

Comment

If Gatti is a HOF then sure, why not.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
                    theres no relevance in his wins unless we count his opponents past accomplishments. when they faced him they were undersized and gun shy. once he started fighting closer to his natural weight he started getting beat up. i respect your point of view but in my view i dont rate his accomplishments that high because his opponents never had a wow factor aside from vic. imo, they came to lose or were picked because their style didnt match well with his. Still, i respect your opinion real pug
                    Thanks bro

Height doesn't equate to size

Nonito was a flyweight over half his career and fought below that in the ams

For example look @ hilario Zapata he was tall AF... Don't mean you're stronger or have an advantage

Hearns was tall wasn't super strong and once he got past 147 he got rocked n outmuscled often....was he not great cuz he was taller than his opponents? Even @ 175+....height isn't size

It took a freakishly large feather to tko him for the first time...nonito was in fifth division and an atg amateur star rigo who is p4p elite now to outbox him

After his meteroic rise n slide people are doing him a disservice and underrating him

He is definitely a hall of famer....atg is up for debate

People forget how hard something is after they witness it

You'd be hardpressed to find anyone who can list every fighter who started @ 112 or less and won titles there and up to 126 more
                    The little divisions are so deep with talent...I'll make it easier....turn pro 112 and won a title above that weight lineal

Comment

No.....but would not argue if he got into the hall of fame at all

Comment

Working...
                      X