No announcement yet.

Name a good tune-up for GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name a good tune-up for GGG?

Personally I think Canelo should fight twice next year. 1x will not be enough time to prepare Canelo for a guy like GGG @ mw. I understand Canelo can only make 1 voluntary but Im sure he can make a 10rd non title fight.

One of the reasons GGG is so good is that he stays active. Canelo needs to do the same and should do so against guys with a similar style and size. So with that said, who would be the best tune-up for GGG?

Theres a (top 25) MW guy named Dmitry Chudinov with a similar style and build that would be prefect for a tune up I think.

I think it should be Lee...But there is a high chance of DiBella blocking that fight from happening on behalf of his master haymon.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      One of the reasons GGG is so good is that he stays active.
      Yeah, 3 fights in 2015,
      3 in 2014,
      4 in 2013.
      That's actually nice to see. Rest of champions fight exclusively 2 times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
        I think it should be Lee...But there is a high chance of DiBella blocking that fight from happening on behalf of his master haymon.
        Andy Lee vs Canelo would be a fun fight but Lee in no way will prepare canelo for what GGG will bring. Lees tall and southpaw...

Comment

No, more ****in' tuneups! Another 'soft touch' opponent would just fuel the hate for GGG and give the trolls more ammo to criticize him.

Comment

Give us Jacobs or whoever the **** ya'll think can beat Gennady. We could fight God himself, batter him down to the ****ing ground and still be ready for Canelo right after.
            Last edited by The Problem Child; 12-15-2015, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Matt Korobov

Comment

Outside of Jacobs and Canelo there isn't much out there.

Heiland stopped Macklin, I guess he's a name in the hat. N'Dam? Korobov? Lee fights Saunders this weekend so winner of that is also in the mix. I've got a horrible feeling he'll fight someone like Tuerano Johnson or Eamonn O'Kane...

Comment

Erislandy Lara

Comment

I'm hoping for either Lara or the Lee/Saunders winner. Any kind of a better name than he's fought so far. This might give the haters a bit of a rest.

Ah. Who am I kidding?

Seriously, though, I would like to see what he would do with Lara who has lots of skills and is the type of opponent it's hard for anybody to look good against. And well, the winner of Lee and Saunders would definitely bring plenty to the table for a GGG scrap. I don't see any of these fights going the other way, but I'd like to see GGG challenged as much as possible. I want him in those fights that are not certain wins, although I have a hard time picturing him not beating any of the middleweights out there. It's not that they're that bad, I think he's that good right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X