Name a good tune-up for GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
    Floyd Mayweather would be a good tune up for GGG
    Yep a retired 38 soon to be 39 year old ww....

Comment

Ward
      Lara
      Lee
      Andrade

either on would be fine

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        Wont it have to be his IBF mandatory?
        1 Tureano Johnson United States
        2 NOT RATED
        3 Dominic Wade United States
        4 Hassan N'Dam Cameroon
        5 Ryota Murata

IBF Rankings

Comment

Why does GGG need a tune-up? He fought 4 times in 2013, & 3 times in years 2014 & 2015.

Comment

I expect GGG's next fight to be either his IBF mandatory Tureano Johnson, or Andy Lee (provided he wins vs BJS) for a unification match. Both should be good scraps while they last.

Comment

Read first Post

The title of the thread is misleading. The thread starter meant to say who would be a good tune up for Canelo to prepare themselves for GGG.

Honestly i think someone like Lemiux or Toreano Johnson. though they both might be too dangerous. Lemiux has good power and Canelo can see if he can also avoid it and figure **** out, will also have a common name on the resume and see how he does. As far as Toreano he is a good fighter, he is also a pressure fighter who will try to push Canelo around. other than that i don't know who else can prepare him even remotly (maybe jacobs, but that's also a very risky fight) prepare him for GGG.

Comment

tune up fight? maybe a stay busy fight, i don't think GGG needs a tune up fight.

Comment

Canelo could fight

Jacobs
                  Quillin
                  Lemiex
                  Lee.Sanders
                  Eubanks Jr
                  Andrade

all good fights

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    I'm assuming you meant a tune up for Canelo before facing Golovkin?

Style wise, nobody comes close to what GGG brings to the table.

Chudinov and especially Lemieux bring the power so that would be something...
                    yes thats what I meant, sounded good in my head when I typed it but I can see how it was misconstrued.

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
                      I expect GGG's next fight to be either his IBF mandatory Tureano Johnson, or Andy Lee (provided he wins vs BJS) for a unification match. Both should be good scraps while they last.
                      Fair play to the guy in your avatar, first champion I've seen with no arms. Guess that knocks Ricky Hatton off the top spot.

Comment

Working...
                      X