Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name a good tune-up for GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lara would be fantastic. If they are trying to build up interest then another tune-up will not do that.

Comment

if its not Jacobs or Lee/Saunders im not interested... fighters playing ring around the rosey.....especially the welterweights

Comment

I'm assuming you meant a tune up for Canelo before facing Golovkin?

Style wise, nobody comes close to what GGG brings to the table.

Chudinov and especially Lemieux bring the power so that would be something...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          Personally I think Canelo should fight twice next year. 1x will not be enough time to prepare Canelo for a guy like GGG @ mw. I understand Canelo can only make 1 voluntary but Im sure he can make a 10rd non title fight.

One of the reasons GGG is so good is that he stays active. Canelo needs to do the same and should do so against guys with a similar style and size. So with that said, who would be the best tune-up for GGG?

Theres a (top 25) MW guy named Dmitry Chudinov with a similar style and build that would be prefect for a tune up I think.
          Floyd Mayweather would be a good tune up for GGG

Comment

I only see 3 names unattached to Haymon in the top 10s at 154/160:

Demetrius Andrade.
            Hassan N'Dam.
            Michel Soro.

Comment

Pretty sure IBF will enforce the mandatory in Johnson unless GGG can get a unification fight which seems unlikely (Lee vs Jacobs seems likely).

So then the question becomes, is there anyone out there worth dropping the IBF title for while waiting for Canelo? Probably not at 160 so you'd have to look at 154. Lara? Is he even possible? Not really anyone else there worth dropping a title for and I'm not sure Lara is but at the very least he could try to convincingly beat a guy that Canelo struggled with.

Comment

Knowing loeffer he's probably going to fight tureno and lie to the fans and say that's the best he could do cause everyone is avoiding gg

Comment

Another tune up? All his fights so far were tune ups.

Comment

There's nobody interesting who's not attached to Haymon. If Lee wins, he said today that he wants to face Golovkin next. If he loses, or gets a better offer (Canelo?) , then it's most likely will be the mando.

Lara/Jacobs/Quillin aren't happening. Get ready for more "Golovkin ducking Lara & Jacobs" posts.

Comment

Wont it have to be his IBF mandatory?

Comment

Working...
                      X