No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McGregor aims for record of old motherf***ers May/Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    The constant crying about the UFC makes boxing fans look like insecure ******s.
    Dorthy you do know your not in Kansas any more right??? I don't know if you can read or not but this is a "Boxing" website. And the only reason UFC even has some ink here is because of THEM bringing up boxing greats. McGregor has been in the UFC for what 2 years???

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      Dorthy you do know your not in Kansas any more right??? I don't know if you can read or not but this is a "Boxing" website. And the only reason UFC even has some ink here is because of THEM bringing up boxing greats. McGregor has been in the UFC for what 2 years???
      Come again?

Comment

Who?

Who? I only found about about him because boxingscene mentioned him.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          Wasn't a WWE wrestler a UFC Champion??? 1-2 years and your at the top in UFC??? WOW!!! Takes YEARS with boxers starting out at 7,8 years old. UFC all you need is a couple of good years of training...
          That dude was a bad ass wrestler pre-WWE doe (106-5 in college which is nuts if you know wrestling) & those guys train from 7-8yrs old too. The problem is there isn't any kids MMA competitive amateur league that I'm aware of so being a competitive wrestler, jiu jitsu cat, amateur boxer, kickboxer & other combat sports is how you end up working on your MMA experience til you are old enough to compete in a MMA minor league & eventually the UFC.

Also guys like Loma & Rigo have shown you can walk into boxing & win titles quick (hell I believe Fenech proved that back in the day too, but few have the balls to do it cuz boxing is too focused on the ***iness of that 0 in your L column from a promoter standpoint). And look no further than Kimbo Slice to see what sport pushes guys into real fights sooner & has a higher point of entry. Kimbo Slice's boxing record: 7-0, 6KO's (2011-2013). Kimbo Slice's MMA record: 5-2 with 2 KO L's (2007-2010, 2015-).

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            The constant crying about the UFC makes boxing fans look like insecure ******s.
            I couldn't care less about UFC and it's stars, bro.

It's just irritating how they keep comparing themselves to boxing biggest stars. First it was Rousey, now this guy..

It's a matter of time before he starts calling out Floyd.

Comment

Never will. He doesn't know how much May and Pac made.

When he said the gate was 10.5 Mil and asked a reporter how much Pac and May gate was, and he said 72 mil, Mccgreggor was like wtf inside his head and had to resort to he was 40 when he made that.

iF 72 MIL GATE IS TRUE THEN DAMN....

Comment

http://www.tmz.com/2015/12/13/andre-...gor-jose-aldo/

Berto friends with McGregor

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                  People will go where the money is and the money is still in boxing, but it may change in a few years.

I don't know maybe I'm hoping for too much. So as weird as it sounds I'm rooting for MMA to grow in popularity in hopes of it changing boxing.
                  I agree. The trend is younger fans with MMA & therefore the money is slowly trickling over there. It'll take awhile, but its happening.

And yes the better MMA/UFC does the more boxing will need to look in the mirror. A good start for boxing would be to straight up copy some UFC things right out the gate somehow, someway. Don't know how you go about it, but boxing should be having a winners bonus, fight of the night bonus, KO bonus, event cards instead of main event only cards.

Plus someone needs to take the led on bringing forth "real world champions" either HBO (shoulda have done this a long time ago when their power was at its height) or PBC or someone in the future cuz the sport can't be held hostage by these corrupt sanctioning bodies anymore who've stripped a guy last week a week after he beat a decade long champion among more & worse crimes they've committed against the sport of boxing since I've been watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I agree. The trend is younger fans with MMA & therefore the money is slowly trickling over there. It'll take awhile, but its happening.

And yes the better MMA/UFC does the more boxing will need to look in the mirror. A good start for boxing would be to straight up copy some UFC things right out the gate somehow, someway. Don't know how you go about it, but boxing should be having a winners bonus, fight of the night bonus, KO bonus, event cards instead of main event only cards.

Plus someone needs to take the led on bringing forth "real world champions" either HBO (shoulda have done this a long time ago when their power was at its height) or PBC or someone in the future cuz the sport can't be held hostage by these corrupt sanctioning bodies anymore who've stripped a guy last week a week after he beat a decade long champion among more & worse crimes they've committed against the sport of boxing since I've been watching it.
                    This is why we get out children in the gyms and to watch with us.

Comment

Looks like 2015 is the year of upsets.

I had picked on Aldo to win based on skill and length of experience, but Conor surprised many people except himself.

Aldo played right into Conor's head games and wild antics and lost in shocking fashion.

One can only imagine how Aldo can come back from that loss and regain his status in the division.

From here it appears Conor had his number all along.

At this point Conor has nowhere to go but up.

Up, meaning major endorsements, commentating, and movies.

He earned my respect last night.

Mcgregor is a beast.

Comment

Working...
                      X